Driving holiday in Europe - what to do?

Solberg

Car(s)
Porsche 997 Carrera S & 2012 Ford Raptor!!
In the beginning of October I will be heading off to Europe for a driving holiday. The Plan is to hang out in Paris for 2 days with some friends and then head towards the ring and rent a car for a full day on the track. After that I am all out of ideas. I thought I might head to he new Porsche museum in Stuttgart and the make my way to the stelvio pass. What other drivings roads are worth doing? Or any other car related things that might be worth doing?

*Not sure how this section got here. Sorry.

Last edited:
Moved thread.

Mercedes Museum and BMW Museum are also brilliant. And spend many days in the Alps. :p

If you're lazy, drive to the top of Denmark. Lovely nature, huge beaches, no pesky mountains.

If you're lazy, drive to the top of Denmark. Lovely nature, huge beaches, no pesky mountains.
And bloddy cold in Oktober.

Paris. Ring. Stuttgard. Stelvio. ???

Head down south further, Italy is still pretty nice in early Oktober weatherwise and Maranello is 350 km from the selvio pass. And Lambo HQ is only 40km from that. If you?re still not done then, head to Rimini and enjoy the med while it?s still warm ...

Avoid Slovenia!

What? Someone had to.

Kidding of course. There are some pretty cool driving roads there from what Ice has posted and there is a Balkan FG meeting happening in mid October in Croatia that Ice, nicjasno and several others are attending. Ice can then tell you more about the pre-Ringmeet Roadtrip and perhaps give you some tips about other places to go.

Maybe it's because I'm used to it but the Alps > Jutland any day of the week. IMO a view of picturesque snow peaked mountains is way nicer than fields and windmills.

Munich is a very nice city too. But you will just have missed the Oktober fest by the start of October. Or maybe head on down to Tuscany and take a tour of Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, Masarati, Ducati etc. They are pretty close together. It's a lovely area with nice food, roads and weather.

Last edited:
And if you do make it to Croatia, you can go for a ride on the Adriatic coast line, from Rijeka to Zadar. The road is awesome and twisty, and should be fairly empty in October.
If the weather is nice, it should make for a nice drive. The roads through the mountan part (Lika) are also good, Karlobag-Gospi? for instance.
And of course, there are nice thinks to see too. :)

Last edited:
Avoid France, since you plan to start out in Paris this might be difficult but not impossible.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do the Cole De Tutini, Route Napoleon or the Stelvio Pass at this time of the year?

Stelvio pass is most probably closed at that time...