• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Driving

Go Low

Hey everyone (who is reading) :)
Anyone up for a discussion? :wink:
Recently I had the chance to drive in the US, and I have to say, driving in Germany is more fun :D Even in Japan it was more relaxing... and I've been in a traffic jam in Tokyo (no fun, but not scary). And I am not talking about the speed, at least not only. I think there are too many too big cars around in the US, and then too many drivers who are not caring about others or not paying attention. In a week I have seen more accidents and breakdowns than I have seen over here in a year. And one week I was driving a Chevrolet Cavalier or something...such a horrible car! Even though it was quite new, I have never ever experienced something like that. The seats felt worse than the seats I had in the car I drove first, and that was a crappy Nissan from around 1980, and then the brakes... oh my... (not to mention the suspension).
But don't get me wrong, I don't want to say I didn't have fun at all while driving in the US, driving in the mountains for example with a decent car was quite funny.

P.S.: I hope it's the right section where I posted this. :)

Never been to USA but i must agree what you said about the cavalier :D

I plan to go and drive few hundred miles over there one day, hopefully in something fast.

I was thinking about it, probably will if the fuel prices don't go up too much

Fuel is way less in america right? here a litre gas costs you about ?1,30.
I heard it is about half in the US

Overheat said:
The American Cavalier is completely different to ours, right? Not a Vauxhall.

nope, totaly dofferent

CAVALIER.jpg

Hey, Canadian streets are only slightly better than American streets. It's true what you say though. TOO MANY GIGANTIC CARS!!! I HATE IT SO MUCH!!!!!! Pickups, Escalades, Hummers.... and people are always demanding BIGGER and WIDER for some reason. Jesus, it really pisses me off. Usually, when I tell people that I love small cars and such they all make fun of me for it and always say why wouldn't you want a gigatnic big 5 liter extremely poorly engineered muscle car?

They don't even really have small cars.. the VW Golf is a small car to them, but here we have two smaller models from VW, just for example. And I payed for a gallon of gas about 2 US Dollars, it always depends on where you are. A gallon is about 3.8 litres.
One time in the US I was driving a new Acura TL, that was pretty nice. They don't sell the car in Japan and I doubt they sell it in Europe, so I guess it is US only, or probably Canada as well? Anyways, it felt pretty nice to drive around with it, firm suspension, nice steering. Ok, it got 270hp and only front wheel drive, which is absolutely stupid, but if you are not racing (and I am not), it's not so important. Once you're rolling it's not that bad anymore :D And even at higher speeds the ride is still nice and I felt safe, not scared at all, not american at all :D

lmao, i respect you very much. German engineering is top notch!

I changed from engineering to architecture :p .. anyways to the driving discussion, nothing is worse than driving in north america, i mean i drove in the middle east, and its actually more fun, not necessarily safer though.. you gotta hate those elderlys here in canada, its prolly the same in the states.. they should let them stop driving!!

Go Low said:
They don't even really have small cars.. the VW Golf is a small car to them, but here we have two smaller models from VW, just for example. And I payed for a gallon of gas about 2 US Dollars, it always depends on where you are. A gallon is about 3.8 litres.
One time in the US I was driving a new Acura TL, that was pretty nice. They don't sell the car in Japan and I doubt they sell it in Europe, so I guess it is US only, or probably Canada as well? Anyways, it felt pretty nice to drive around with it, firm suspension, nice steering. Ok, it got 270hp and only front wheel drive, which is absolutely stupid, but if you are not racing (and I am not), it's not so important. Once you're rolling it's not that bad anymore :D And even at higher speeds the ride is still nice and I felt safe, not scared at all, not american at all :D

Bah. I hate Acura. Not it's cars but for what it is. Honda's Luxury Division and their new naming scheme is stupid. TSX? RSX? WTF? I know Acura has a exclusive car just for the canadian market... a more luxurious Civic with the same engine and slight additions to the body such as foglights and so forth.

But I do know that the Accord Type-R was brought to Acura and had a name change. I think it was the TL?