Dsemaj's 2001 BMW E39 530i Sport

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since I've been lurking around on ye olde FinalGear, but now that Uni has calmed down somewhat, I've gone out and sold the E34 and aquired a new beast!

Yes, it's an E39, but shock-horror, it's not a V8. But this silky smooth, revving I6 suits me just fine!

95K kms/55K Miles
M54B30
170kW @ 5900rpm
300Nm @ 3500rpm
Sport (Full M-Technik kit)
5sp Steptronic ZF Auto (Don't whinge, no manuals in AU!)
Servotronic (speed-varible power assistance)
17" staggered M-Technik wheels (8"/9" front/rear)

Compared to the old E34, it's an awesome evolution. Rack and pinion instead of recirculating ball steering. Proper sports suspension so rides infintely better than my H&R/Bilstein combo in the E34. Weighs a good 150kg less and has more power, so it's worlds apart! Steptronic is awesome and gives a lot more control than the old setup in the E34. Makes the old E34 feel like a boat... Besides, this is the first car I've ever owned which can burn rubber off the line and the first that I can steer with my right foot!

I was looking for a 540i, but they were damn near impossible to find here in decent condition, and there's no Sports around!

Plans? Dunno. It's perfect at the moment. Maybe wheels in the distant future, and I'm looking at a DICE Mediabridge for full iPod intergration.

But I'm utterly infatuated with it!

Oh, and there's my mates E34 540i there. The day I sold my E34, he got one too, haha!

Thoughts? :D

Hbriz

Ballroom Blitz
Car(s)
'07 Megane dCi
Nice! I love the E39, one of the best looking recent BMWs. There's something so menacing about an E39 in your rear view mirror, especially a black post-facelift Sport model. Perfect combination! :D

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
Congrats, not a shabby ride at 20!

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes
Awesome car, congrats.

In my opinion it's perfect looks-wise, even tinted windows wouldn't be an improvement.

But.... proof picture? :)

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
Oh, and there's my mates E34 540i there. The day I sold my E34, he got one too, haha!
He didn't wanna buy your E34? Bastard. :p

Anyway, VERY nice choice with the E39 ('01-'03s are the best because of the facelift)! :thumbsup:

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Divorcée Mobiles
I'll continue to say it: that's one of the best cars produced by BMW.

Good on ya. The 6 is a fantastic motor. Shame you can't get a manual in Oz, though.

Dsemaj

Car(s)
Proof photos, as required! Plus some bonus photos from my last outing into the hills. The engine combo with Steptronic is heaven!

Last edited:

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Divorcée Mobiles
How are you finding the seats? I'm curious as to how they compare to the E34 as well.

JipJopJones

Car(s)
1979 Cressida Wagon, 1981 Corolla Hardtop
Great car! I had one for about a month or so. (My mum's boyfriend sold it to me) It was a 5spd and a 528i not the 530i. Absolutely wonderful to drive, but it was in rough shape so I sold it for a profit. (Easiest $1000 I've ever made) :p

LeMans GTR

Your car looks positively delicious. How long did you have to save for it? Insurance must be through the roof for a 20 year old.

Dsemaj

Car(s)
Seats are awesome! Those leg bolsters feel awesome, I don't think I could go back to seats that are any less bolstered than that. They are a little bit on the wide side (obviously made to suit full-size-people...), but they are super cumfy and hold you in!

Save for it? Errrm. Didn't. Sold my old car for pretty close what I paid for a 3 years ago, so the changeover between the two cars wasn't massive. I work for a bank, so I'm able to get a awesome rate on a personal loan and I have very little expenses. I plan to have paid off most of it by Christmas time. And insurance? :lol: Let's just say the policy is very cheap, it's like I'm far, far older...

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Car(s)
Holden Commodore SV6 MY14
So when's the next Adelaide meet? :p

Though I still haven't gotten anything yet, just dunno what I want! One of those probably :p

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Divorcée Mobiles
Seats are awesome! Those leg bolsters feel awesome, I don't think I could go back to seats that are any less bolstered than that. They are a little bit on the wide side (obviously made to suit full-size-people...), but they are super cumfy and hold you in!
Yeah, BMW seats are quite well bolstered :D They look like they're not very worn either.

Dsemaj

Car(s)
Not much difference - just been detailing and getting ready for a Show and Shine my car club is running, so expect an onslaught of photos soon!

Dsemaj

Car(s)
I'm not sure about that, you guys might just get too jealous about my 285,000km, $1000 EL Falcon!