Duke Nukem Forever...anyone still excited about this game?

What I don't understand is why... It's one of the greatest games of the 90s and it's not like it's a new business model that no one knows what will happen... It all sounds like the game was destroyed by a mad man.

[video=youtube;0-97N6jNKb4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-97N6jNKb4[/video]

My mind has been blown. Nice to see the football field fight again too.

I will be buying this for sure.

Gearbox Wants To Honor Old DNF Pre-Orders
Gearbox is looking into honoring all those gamers who pre-ordered Duke Nukem Forever over the last decade.
Riding the wave of Duke Nukem's reinvigorated stardom, Gearbox software bossman Randy Pitchford is now claiming to be working with retailers to honor the Duke Nukem Forever pre-orders taken over the last decade. He said during Thursday's London press event that he didn't want to let those gamers down.

"There are a lot of people who pre-ordered the game," Pitchford told the press. "We?ve been starting to talk with retailers because we didn?t take them directly, and 3D Realms didn?t take them, it was all retailers going 'I'm going to take this guy?s money.' We?ve started to engage them, saying 'Hey, you?ve got customers who you made a promise to, and any bad feeling they have will reflect on us, so can we work together to do something for those people?'"

He openly admitted that something needed to be done, but had no idea what that something would be.

For gamers like Slash000--who pre-ordered the game back in 2001--that could mean some kind of compensation for previously shelling out $10. But that would also mean gamers need proof of the purchase by digging out the original receipt. For many that's not going to happen, throwing receipts away believing that Duke Nukem Forever had gone vaporware. But for the very "patient, patient" Duke Nukem fans, that could be as simple as digging through wallets.

original article: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Duke-Nukem-forever-FPS-Gearbox-pre-orders,11440.html

Gearbox is looking into honoring all those gamers who pre-ordered Duke Nukem Forever over the last decade.

That just seems really weird when you read it.

I LOVED Duke Nukem 3D back in the day (who can forget the shrink ray gun or being able to pay the strippers to remove their tops? lol)- I had long ago completely given up on DNF (is it coincidence that those letters also stand for did not finish? lol)- thats a game that had pretty much turned into bigfoot or the lochness monster- but after seeing what Gearbox has done I am PUMPED! (I am still playing Borderlands- love that game as well)- I think I still have an issue of PC Gamer from 1999 that had DNF as it's cover story, haha- I will have to see if I can find it amongst the library

apologies for the bump, but new video trailer released.

[video=youtube;1-b78TKZIyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-b78TKZIyw[/video]

fucking amazing

The King is back

Hell yeah! Censorhip FTL, The Prodigy FTW. I wonder if there's more of their music in the game...

Hell yeah! Censorhip FTL, The Prodigy FTW. I wonder if there's more of their music in the game...

censored version is the only one i've found so far, still better than nothing. agree on the choice of music though.

This looks fucking brilliant!

(I think it would be really funny and cool if in the game they make more references about the past Duke Nukem Forever attempts. Like posters on walls with old screenshots, and old release dates)

Me, after watching that trailer:

tumblr_kovgzvMLWH1qziyd9o1_500.png

Oh, uh, it's the pleats... the pleats in the pants. It's an optical illusion. It?s the pattern of the pants. It?s not flattering in the crotchal region. I was just about to take them back... to the pants store. Don't act like you're not impressed!