E-Legend EL1, Audi Sport quattro inspired 800+ hp electric car

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Mazda MX-5 NB ringmeet fashion accessory
Shame about the price, because I love the look of that.

That indeed looks gorgeous.

That looks fantastic.

But I've grown bored by random startups noone has ever heard of before announcing electric cars with a gazillion horsepower, I have to say.

I know very little about EVs, but if they had a decent amount of power, let's say 250-300hp, would they have more range? Or maybe the same range but with less batteries?

I know very little about EVs, but if they had a decent amount of power, let's say 250-300hp, would they have more range? Or maybe the same range but with less batteries?
Not necessarily, but I think in general this should mostly be the case (far less so than with ICEs).
In some EVs the AWD version is more efficient than the corresponding (less powerful) RWD version, because the two motors can be tuned to best efficiency at different speeds. This is mostly an exception though, I think.

I see, thanks.

I think it looks great, shame I'll probably never see it or drive it if it does actually become a reality. I'd love to have a modern take on the Sport Quattro as my daily driver.

Anyway the only thing to take away from EVs having theoretical massive power is that the motors will inevitably be bigger and heavier than those in a less powerful EV, controllers and their cooling systems would also be uprated to compensate meaning more weight. Otherwise, driving them 'normally' could result in better efficiency than an equivalent single motor EV with less power.

Edit: Man, even an electric old Ur Quattro would be so good. That's probably a case where an artificial 5-pot engine noise would actually be good.

Last edited: