E92 M3...

Looks way too sedate, I liked the aggressive look of the concept pics. While I like a slightly understated looking performance car, this is just too bland. The outgoing M3 looked far more aggressive, I think.

V8 I believe ;)

It has the engine from the previous M5, so V8 is correct! The noise the noise.... damn!!

Do I hear car of the year 2007? (Mark my words!!)

haz

ill miss the e46 M3, it seems BMw went back to the long thin look of the e36 series with the current 3's.. too bad, i liked the wider look of e46

this m3 just doesnt look good to me, the hig belt line of these cars just makes the doors look too big, and i liked the fender vents of the e46 M3, reminded me of the old classic 3.0 csl

Last edited:
How can you be complaining that an M3 looks too sedate? That's the point. It's a Q car, not a loud shouty thing.

Case in point:
E30 318i v E30 M3
1983_318i_large.jpg
e30m3.jpg

E36 318i v E36 M3
W77687100865.jpg
BMW_M3_E36_coupe.jpg

E46 318i v E46 M3
t21130855817-autobazar.jpg
le_baron_rouge_1138364396_2.jpg

So the new one bucks the trend how?

you need to compare coupe vs. M3 coupe .... not 4 door sedan vs. M3 coupe ....

haz

you need to compare coupe vs. M3 coupe .... not 4 door sedan vs. M3 coupe ....

haz

He makes a good point though. M's are usually just have very subtle styling cues to differenciate them from the lower models, although they are a bit more shouty than earlier.

Regardless, I beleive this is the first time the sedan and coupes are actually different looking other than just having extra doors.

I honestly don't think it'll be better than the RS4.

The sound of that V8 makes me keep thinking it'll have massive performance, perhaps better than the RS4, IMO, Peter3hg. Thing is the M3 has always been the one other companies, such as Audi, aim to when developing their products. It's a reference in this segment and BMW knows that. If it looks odd for some people, it's performance should be enough to make them forget the way it looks...

That's not how the final M3 will look like, trust me on this one. :wink:

Just one thing, with the new 3-series CC looking so similar to the coupe, it might be the first time that M3 Cabrio > M3.... although there is still the weight problem.

snap, it sounds gooddd...but not as good as the RS4XD...and as for which will be a better drive, well i havent read a bad review of the RS4..so it should be a good fight this time>=)

but RS4 ftw!

Hey Bangle,

http://img238.imageshack.**/img238/8118/1165464518386hh7.jpg

Based on your bulletproof facts, you've sold me on this one.

Really what facts, because this is another reason for me not to like BMW.

RS4 FTW :p

I think it looks great. The back is maby abit too long but the looks are just fine. ThumbsUp!! :p

Question is: will the new M3 be a better car than the RS4.

Also, the RS4's V8 is direct-injected and it sounds god-like!