Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Jaguar XJ R

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Audi RS6

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • other

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters
None of those, I'd choose a Toyota Mark II Tourer V. You get the twin turbo 1JZ-GTE, RWD of course, a torsen LSD, 5-speed manual, its far cheaper than any of the cars in the poll and its even more of a sleeper than an M5. Why did Toyota never release this out of Japan...you ask them.

jzx90mkIItourerv.jpg

Last edited:
If it were the 21st century Quattroporte, it would have a real chance. But that one... it's a Maserati, but an awesome name alone is not enough to beat the legendary E34 M5.

I'd do bad things to own a Lotus Carlton. Well, there's my answer, I guess. E34 M5 as a close second though!

500E, not a shadow of a doubt. Comfy cruiser with a beast of an engine (I've heard owners complain that the engine's quite vicious throttle response combined with a very sporty auto box is not a nice thing to have in traffic jams, but who cares) overengineered by M-B, built in a combined effort between M-B and Porsche (travelling back and forth between production locations, taking over 2 weeks to build), it is one of history's most awesome cars ever.

M5 followed closely by the Lotus Carlton (even if we never got the Carlton here)

1. The black XJR is not of the period (it's late nineties, when the goalposts had moved).
2. The 4.0 XJR (series 1 and 2) had 251 bhp, and had uprated and lowered suspension, wider wheels (the XJS ones above would be a downgrade), LSD, and was lighter than the standard XJ40 mainly due to the loss of the unnecessarily heavy bumpers. Sadly the series 2 (moroccan red one above )had these back again.
While the V8 XJR did have more horses, it has been said that the earlier ones were more of a driver's car. V12's are indeed potentially faster and are usually used in racing, but in an XJR chassis. BTW they eat M3's for breakfast on the track...

Why did Toyota never release this out of Japan...you ask them.
Toyota almost always keep their fun models to themselves.

Here's their family hauler from the late 90s, the Avensis. They started at 1.6 and you bought the 2.0 if you felt adventurous. IMO, there's absolutely nothing to like about this car except the reliability.
YLXzX.jpg

In Japan, they had this:
kAHyb.jpg

It's called Toyota Caldina. They had a GT-T model with a two-liter turbo from the Celica and four wheel drive.

Last edited:
269f5771036e52b3e754a1a04f3b70c3.jpg

Ford Taurus SHOW. 222hp from a rev happy Yamaha V6.

Attachments

• 269f5771036e52b3e754a1a04f3b70c3.jpg
    269f5771036e52b3e754a1a04f3b70c3.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 40
Damn you autocorrect.