• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Early presenters

Moz

I'm currently trying to update a few things on Top Gear's page on IMDB.

Does anyone happen to know what years any of the early presenters appeared on the show from and till?

eg. Edmonds, Rippon, Woollard, Goffey, Mason etc.

It;'s about time, the IMDB page is missing some presenters, you need to include John Bentley, he was a presenter and was also producer of Top Gear for several years, he is now a presenter on Fifth Gear.

I've added all the people that have been the 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' recently.

Jason Dawe and Steve Berry will be appearing before too long as presenters.

I'll add Jon Bentley in aswell, but can you tell me when he was on it?

In the October 1999 issue of the magazine there is a Happy 21st item.
It lists;
Jeremy Clarkson 1989-1998 (since then some things has changed)
Chris Goffey 1980-1996
Noel Edmonds 1978-1980
William Woollard 1982-1990

By the top moments they mention in 1978 a Angela Rippon and in the 1998 moment Andy Wilman.

Thanks a lot for that.

I've got dates for most of them now, but have still got a few to find.

Julia Bradbury
Steve Lee
Steve Berry
Tony Mason - I know he finished in '99, but don't know when he started.
Angela Rippon - I could do with the year she finished, but I'd guess it's the same as Noel Edmonds.

And if Jon Bentley did indeed appear in front of the camera aswell as behind it, I could do with years for him too.

Moz said:
I'll add Jon Bentley in aswell, but can you tell me when he was on it?

Well he was the producer that hired Clarkson and he used to present from time to time until he went to do Fifth Gear. So he left when Fifth Gear started so you can get the date from that, but as for when he started, I don't know because he was there a few years before Clarkson. Theres not much about him on the internet.

^wasn't there a limit on the size of a sig, even for girls?

^Last I checked there were......uhhh still is
Viper in the rules said:
Signatures: They shall be no taller than 175pixels, no wider than 600 pixels and may not contain nudity (tits and stuff from down south).

Ohh, and you forgot Mark Webber :)

Mark Webber presented Top Gear?

That Jon Bentley guy is such a douchebag.

^No he was a guest

TGG's sig is 338x102, and if my mental math serves me correctly that is well under the 600x175 limit.... Is there something we don't understand here?

VWKafer said:
TGG's sig is 338x102, and if my mental math serves me correctly that is well under the 600x175 limit.... Is there something we don't understand here?

yea, that the sig-rules clearly states "no cheesy sigs" and "join me or die" easily classifies ............................... :puke:

haz

VWKafer said:

Now it does, but there were another pic under that.