Edit Limit Or No?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
In phpBB, you could edit any of your posts at any time. In vB, the default is only being able to edit them for the past 15 minutes. I kinda like this as it stops people from changing the content of their posts later on, but others want it like phpBB was.

So, vote!

In general, I agree that 15mins should be a limit. However sometimes first post of the thread provides information that changes over time. Like some threads in our LFS forum, or contests.

I don't know if it requires a mod, but maybe allow creator of thw thread do it indefinitely, but all others who reply can only do it for 15mins?

I don't know if it requires a mod, but maybe allow creator of thw thread do it indefinitely, but all others who reply can only do it for 15mins?

That's actually my desired behavior and I'll look into seeing if I can get that to happen.

Been poking around and I think I can manage to pull it off via a mod. You guys will have to give me a bit though as I'm new to vB. ;)

People editing their posts well after posting was never a real issue to begin with, IMO, so I don't see why we should limit it now.

At this forum, I don't know of anyone who edits their posts long after they were made, for WRONG reasons. They do it because they might have subsequently realised they had a big spelling/wording error and have to fix it so why make it more inconvienient now?

I think you should be able to edit whenever and however many times you like.

I have a problem where my brain works faster then my fingers, so sometimes I miss out words and things in posts that I type. I usually don't notice until I read them back later and on other forums I have found it quite annoying that I can't go back and correct what I have written.

In fact I recently edited a post I made here and was thinking that it would be nice to have it like it was before.

Alright then, screw the mod and the limit. If people start abusing it, we can bring this back up again then.