edmunds Inside Line reviews the ratings of Top Gear America

Yes, those videos are older ones because I'm using them as examples on how videos build traffic over time. You're not even trying to understand the conversation I'm attempting to have with you - blatently ignoring context and specifics just to be argumentative. Like I said, I'm happy to discuss things, but Narf, you're just being an ass.

I'm just taking you up on obviously faked numbers. The 250k/week on average at YouTube you claim simply are not true.
I may be ignoring things you say, mostly because those things can not be verified or falsified - for example figures on platforms that do not publish figures and restrict their users from publishing their own. However, I can attempt to verify the claim you made about YouTube. That attempt failed.

Also, no need for namecalling.

I love how all threads will inevitably become an argument. Im guilty of this too.

I love how all threads will inevitably become an argument. Im guilty of this too.

Arguments are more fun anyways, that way you see how crazy some people are. Especially when you ask for facts and they give you BS.

I just ignore opinion based reviews, if I like it then I like it. Just like anything else in the world, there is nothing that will please everyone all the time.

I do feel that the hosts are not bombastic, flamboyant or animated enough, but I hope that these qualities will come with time. Also, the way Tanner ends the show seems downright militant. There absolutely has to be a more palatable way to bid farewell to the audience. I also feel that Adam Ferrara should watch the original version of The Thomas Crown Affair, with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway, in order to see exactly how Steve McQueen responds in the movie to seeing the Ferrari 275 GTB/4 NART Spyder.

Last edited:
Week 4 Ratings
Top Gear
- 1.272 million viewers
- 0.8/1 HH
- 0.6/2 A18-49

Episode 5's ratings will definitely be down a bit. Survivor Finale will have drawn a lot of viewers away.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2010/12/top-gear-usa-episode-4-your-take.html

Edit: Mike Magrath's opinions and ideas are basically garbage. This is a brand new show with people who haven't been involved in something exactly like this before. It needs time to grow. IMHO

you're right, his review is garbage. sounds like he should wear a helmet every time he reviews something.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2010/12/top-gear-episode-5-your-take.html

This guy apparently missed the beginning couple of Series of TGUK.

My guess is that
s42zrd.jpg

I agree that the hosts of TGA are really, really bland in comparison. However, the two shouldn't be compared because it's the constant British sarcasm that makes the UK version so good. The jokes are understated and witty, even in the early series' of TGUK, once they got rid of Jason Dawe.

I'm pleasantly surprised that they include negative comments on cars, because I think anyone familiar with American car shows was afraid it would be influenced by advertisers to the point of dishonesty.

However, I think the largest milestone TGUK achieved was the gender demographic of their viewership. The UK viewership is something like 40% women, which is amazing for a car show. That really says something about its appeal.

I have to say I am a member of this site for awhile now and I work at a sports bar. I have to say I pick money over TGA...but I have it DVR'd and when I get home I pass up free beer to watch it.

I hope TG USA sticks around. We need a decent car show here. They need to make some improvements, but I think it could turn out to be a popular show.

Week 5 (Dec 19):

Top Gear
- 1.359 million viewers
- 0.8/1 HH
- 0.6/2 A18-49

It'll be interesting to see Ep. 6's ratings since it didn't have to go up against football and most of the northeast was/is snowed in.

Week 5 (Dec 19):

Top Gear
- 1.359 million viewers
- 0.8/1 HH
- 0.6/2 A18-49

It'll be interesting to see Ep. 6's ratings since it didn't have to go up against football and most of the northeast was/is snowed in.

Did surprisingly well, considering the Survivor finale was on at the same time.

Catching up from Travis Yanan

Don't have Week 6 (12/26/10) yet.

Week 7 (CRZ/Car Salesman) - 1/02/11

Top Gear (HIST)
- 1.591 million viewers
- 0.9/2 HH
- 0.8/2 A18-49

Week 8 (LA to Vegas/Panamera/X6M) - 1/09/11

Top Gear (HIST, 10pm)
- 1.146 million viewers
- 0.7/1 HH
- 0.5/1 A18-49

Week 9 (Alaska Special) - 1/16/11

Top Gear (HIST)
- 2.054 million viewers
- 1.3/2 HH
- 0.9/2 A18-49

Good numbers for the last ep.

Week 9 (Alaska Special) - 1/16/11

Top Gear (HIST)
- 2.054 million viewers
- 1.3/2 HH
- 0.9/2 A18-49

Almost doubled their weekly viewers. 2 million viewers makes it officially 1/150 as good as the original. (Before another quantitative based flame starts, I'm being sarcastic)

I think they will probably be back. Top Gear seems to be one of the better cable shows.