Eggs!

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
Ok, there are hundreds of ways to cook eggs. From what I have seen most people have just one or two favorites that they make themselves. Even the humble scrambled egg should not be dismissed, as it's harder to make properly than people think (if you've ever had a properly scrambled egg, you know what I'm on about).

So what are your specialties and favorites? No poll because there are just too many options to list.

I have two.
The Cream Cheese Eggs - Bell peppers, green onions, and diced ham, sauteed in butter. Cover with scrambled eggs to make an omelet. Season with a few herbs or salt and pepper as desired. When done, serve folded over a spoon full of cream cheese, top with salsa - hot sauce is optional, but I like a dash of Cholula. (I found this is a hit after... uh, how do a put this - an "active" night in.)

The Open Face - Two slices of wheat toast, lightly buttered topped with three eggs over easy. Salt and pepper and Cholula or green Tabasco.

Ok, one more:
The College Breakfast - I taught the kitchen to make this for me when I was an undergrad.
One croissant, cut down the middle (like a sandwich bun) and placed on the grill to toast it. Make a sandwich containing one fried egg, a slice of cheddar, salt, pepper, a dash of hot sauce. A slice of tomato is nice in there too.

I like doing 2 scrambled eggs and a few strips of bacon for an easy breakfast, and maybe throw it between 2 pieces of bread.

I only like scrambled eggs, poached eggs (well done), or hard-boiled (my favorite). Deviled eggs are yummy too.

The College Breakfast - I taught the kitchen to make this for me when I was an undergrad.
One croissant, cut down the middle (like a sandwich bun) and placed on the grill to toast it. Make a sandwich containing one fried egg, a slice of cheddar, salt, pepper, a dash of hot sauce. A slice of tomato is nice in there too.

Wow....sounds absolutely DELICIOUS!

The Cream Cheese Eggs - Bell peppers, green onions, and diced ham, sauteed in butter. Cover with scrambled eggs to make an omelet. Season with a few herbs or salt and pepper as desired. When done, serve folded over a spoon full of cream cheese, top with salsa - hot sauce is optional, but I like a dash of Cholula. (I found this is a hit after... uh, how do a put this - an "active" night in.)

That sounds great - I'll have to try it.

My favourite is a variation of French toast: beat two eggs in a bowl with a dash of cream or milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon, dip two slices of fruit bread into the eggs and fry gently in non-stick pan with a touch of butter. Drool.

k, mine:
Melt some butter in a pan. Put a few slices of ham (cooked, parma, or even bacon, it's all nice) and fry for 1 minute. Break 3-4 eggs over it (depending on the size of your pan and your hunger) and let the eggwhites set over medium heat. When the whites have nearly set lay a slice of cheese on all the yolks in there. Serve on buttered toast.

I usually have them hardboiled, as I don't much enjoy the taste of other kinds. Just have to make sure to put them in some ice cold water after removing them from the stove, so you avoid that gaseous stink and gray ring that forms around the yolk.

Otherwise, I sometimes have them scrambled as well. I do them the normal way... beat them in a bowl and then do them up on the stove.

On a side note, have any of you guys actually thought about the fact that you're eating a chicken's ovum and embryo? I think this the actual reason I don't much care for eggs, but as I said I don't even enjoy the taste.

2 x eggs (sunny side up)
2 x pieces of toast
2 x thick slices of tomato
2 x rashers of bacon
generous handful of spinach
generous serving of pepper and a little salt

Absolutely delicious!

On a side note, have any of you guys actually thought about the fact that you're eating a chicken's ovum and embryo? I think this the actual reason I don't much care for eggs, but as I said I don't even enjoy the taste.

I had a tofu-munching hippie chick try to shame me about eating eggs.

"You do know that's a chicken's abortion, right?"
"Actually, it's unfertilized, so it's more like a chicken's period. Want bite?"

ok, my turn. Melt butter i pan, crack an eg in it, wait for it... eat on toast. It's genious basically

I like most all types of egg, soft or hard boiled with toast, poached, occasionally fried, scrambled, omeletted or in fried rice. I don't do anything special with them, apart from maybe putting ham, mushrooms or cheese into an omelette. Must try some of those things you've mentioned though, I'm sure getting the ingredients can't be too difficult. :)

mmm, i'd say:
French Toast
Cheese Omelets (with a bit of mozzarella <3)
regular Poached

and Half Boiled (my absolute favourite, half cooked boiled eggs so that the yellow is still liquid and the white is cooked enough not to make you sick, mix with nicely buttered bread / light toast, diced mushrooms, lots of freshly ground pepper, WIN!)

Egg in the Hole (also known as Bird in the Basket or Toad in the Hole).
1. Butter both sides of a piece of bread
2. Use a knife or circular cup to cut a hole in the center of the bread (or cookie cutter for fun shapes)
3. Throw the bread (and the 'hole') into the frying pan and crack an egg inside the hole. Flip once.

Really simple, fast, and yummy. Serve with hashbrowns and bacon or sausage.

That's really retarded right there. Sometimes I despise vegans, they give vegetarians a bad name :p

Since eggs used to be fertilized a lot of Brahmins had a practice of not eating them because it meant killing the baby chick. However these days since they're not fertilized most new Brahmins don't really care. I'm in that group, I eat cake and ice cream and any other dessert/sweet that has egg in it. However I've never gotten myself to eating regular old eggs (scrambled, omelet, etc). I think the reason is just that my mom was brought up in a place where eggs were never made. She can make omelets and she had made omelets for my uncle when he was sick and needed a high-protein diet, but since then she's never made anything with eggs. I tried them when I was in the dorm cafeteria one day. I think I had them scrambled or something and couldn't bear the taste. But I'm not giving up on them seeing that this was dorm food (#1) and that scrambled may not be the best way to try out eggs (#2).

Is there a certain method you think is best for trying out eggs for the second time? I'm thinking omelets with tons of added ingredients to sort of soften the blow of the egg flavor until I can slowly get used to it.

Try eggs on toast, or an egg sandwich with bacon and cheese. When I eat eggs I usually have them with some kind of toast because I don't really find they are tasty enough by themselves.

Reactions: LP

:lmao:
I bow before thee, Sir.:bow:

Eggs - FTW at Breakfast!

Pan of boiling water, a little white wine vinegar whisk into a swirl. Get a really fresh free range or organic (they do taste better) crack and break into the still swerling water and vinegar. Wait about three minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and place on hot buttered wheat toast (ours are nearly always wheat) a little melted cheddar over the top - yum.

I haven't done this since I was a senior in high school (a loooong time ago).
Basically, two eggs cracked open in a glass, with a milk chaser. I could make it through the entire school day w/o getting hungry again.

I also really like Bird in the Hole, as Vector previously described, especially yummy with a touch of salsa on top.

With onions, and peppers, and sausage, and salsa, and mozzarella, and cheddar wrapped in a burrito. :)

I am man with simple tastes, two eggs scrambled in butter, with enough black pepper tapped on to choke a horse.