Egyptian Protests

Gee, what else did you expect from the supreme fear-monger-in-chief...? Glenn Beck possesses a unique ability to make even the smallest event sound like the beginning of the end to our society, and we're all going to get slaughtered. He must be the resident Faux News doomsday prophet, or at least he sure know how to sound like he is...
Actually I think he's slipping. That was the least coherent conspiracy theory I've heard from him yet. Shit, it wasn't coherent at all. It's utterly pathetic that one, he propagates this bullshit expecting people to believe it, and two, that people actually do.

Actually I think he's slipping. That was the least coherent conspiracy theory I've heard from him yet. Shit, it wasn't coherent at all. It's utterly pathetic that one, he propagates this bullshit expecting people to believe it, and two, that people actually do.

his ratings have fallen from above 3 million viewers last jan/feb to barely getting over 2 million this year so far.

That's good news. Just like when people stop driving drunk, and just driving when they're insomniacs.

Some good news, the process of change continues. :cool:

Aljazeera News ? High turnout in Egyptian constitutional poll

Aljazeera News said:
State television says vote counting begins after a landmark referendum aimed at returning country to civilian rule.

Millions of Egyptians have turned out for today's constitutional referendum, the first vote following the overthrow last month of Hosni Mubarak, the country's long-serving president.

Voters are deciding on a package of nine amendments, about half of which deal with the conduct of elections. One would make it easier for independent candidates to run for president; another would re-establish judicial oversight of elections.

The amendments were drafted by an eight-man constitutional committee, which was appointed by the ruling military junta. They must be approved or rejected as a bloc.

There were early reports of high turnout, with voters in some districts predicting an hours-long wait before they would be able to cast their ballots.

Continues

The TV report showed a happy 30 year old woman who had never been able to vote before. Younger voters want a new constitution, older ones want to change the existing one.

Ah, politics!

Well done Egypt. :cool:

Just as a little funny, the retiring editor of Norway's largest newspaper spent time in Egypt during one of those elections in the 80s. He voted for Hosni Mubarak three times. In one day.

:D

Just as a little funny, the retiring editor of Norway's largest newspaper spent time in Egypt during one of those elections in the 80s. He voted for Hosni Mubarak three times. In one day.

:D

Well, it's time to retire, I think... :D

BBC News ? Egypt referendum strongly backs constitution changes
Note: Changes to existing constitution NOT new one.

BBC News said:
Egyptians have strongly backed constitutional changes that will allow the country to move quickly on to elections.

Official results show that 77% of voters in Saturday's referendum backed the changes.

Continues

Ah well, that?s politics in a democracy.

The younger voters, who felt they led the charge in the Egyptian Spring Revolution, have lost out in the referendum by 20 to 80 percent. The older generation want a stable civilian government, as soon as possible with a return to normal life.

Welcome to real democratic politics, Egypt! :cool:

Last edited: