Someone Else's Problem: Ein Deutsches Wagen für Galantti (2011 Audi A7)

I am not a fan of brown interiors, but this one suits the car perfectly.
Congrats!

Congo rats! Love the interior!

I've always been intrigued with the A7/S7. They have the same road presence as the first gen Merc CLS for me. In white, they're storm trooper mobiles.

Wow, congrats! I love the look of the A7.

Danggit, now you've got me looking up prices of those things...

Had a quick look at this and I approve!

I can confirm that this rides and slides very nicely. AWD and studded tyres are an awesome combination. :thumbsup:

Today i fixed the parcel shelf holder on the drivers side, and instead of trying to source the plastic part, i got the whole trim (55eur@ VW centre, since Audi centre at that location didn't have parts area, 1 week deliverytime from germany), which was pita to install alone.
left side:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/pic.armedcats.net\/v\/vi\/viilaaja\/2018\/02\/10\/IMG_20180113_192945.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Right side what is it supposed to look like:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/pic.armedcats.net\/v\/vi\/viilaaja\/2018\/02\/10\/IMG_20180113_192956.jpg"}[/IMG2]

i went to pick up the part week ago saturday, the place was closed :mad:
i can buy whole vag product, but not parts for it on a saturday!

anyway, it took me 20mins to install and its awesome!

Yahoo! i
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/pic.armedcats.net\/v\/vi\/viilaaja\/2018\/02\/10\/IMG_20180210_194024.jpg"}[/IMG2]

now parcel shelf doesn't drop down when i open the bootlid!

As a special video, here is my vmax run at the airfield @ icetrackmeet! (closed course, nuub driver):

Last edited:
so like, summer wheels happened:

Reactions: TC
Summer wheels are a good thing.

Galantti;n3548854 said:
so like, summer wheels happened:

Nice! Those are great wheels for this car, double thumbs up!

since forums are working yet again (but pictures are down) i might as well do an update :D

Diudi (like my colleague calls it and every other audi), had basic maintenance at the rich guy service centre (audicenter) next to my work since my car demanded "Service Duel".

it had oil swap, brake fluid swap (in the "older than 7 year old car" -package), and new front brakes.

i also had them do wash and a wax over the car.

also here some cupholder 240fps goodness:

Last edited:
Finally some rain in finland, and i had to test the car in awesome preventative aquaplaning features (too wide tires for the grooves in the road filled with water) and i also understood that in finnish speeds the spoiler won't go up.

so manually raised spoiler it is!

Galantti;n3550420 said:
Finally some rain in finland, and i had to test the car in awesome preventative aquaplaning features (too wide tires for the grooves in the road filled with water) and i also understood that in finnish speeds the spoiler won't go up.

so manually raised spoiler it is!

But you are not bringing it to ringmeet :(

Ugh, every time I see this thread I go to CarMax and look at prices of these things. Despite knowing they don't meet my technological requirements for my next car.

BUT THEY'RE JUST SO NICE LOOKING. Especially in brown on brown.

loose_unit;n3550438 said:
But you are not bringing it to ringmeet :(

Yeah, i am saddened :cry:

WDWBen;n3550485 said:
Ugh, every time I see this thread I go to CarMax and look at prices of these things. Despite knowing they don't meet my technological requirements for my next car.

BUT THEY'RE JUST SO NICE LOOKING. Especially in brown on brown.

just buy one :lol:

I can't, not without CarPlay for one, and for two, the US gets an 8-speed slush box, not the 7-speed S Tronic I'd prefer.

Also, for the prices they're selling for here ($40k), I'd just get a gently used '16+ Golf R. It would have CarPlay, haha.

WDWBen;n3550513 said:
I can't, not without CarPlay for one, and for two, the US gets an 8-speed slush box, not the 7-speed S Tronic I'd prefer.

Also, for the prices they're selling for here ($40k), I'd just get a gently used '16+ Golf R. It would have CarPlay, haha.

We don't get the CarPlay, and as for 40k golf, you might aswell buy new one at that price :D

i did get a ad from audi "Here is new A7, starting at 97k" and i was like "yeah, about that, don't have the funds".

Last edited:
Went to Ringmeet with my A7, drove 4430km between home and campsite.

But here are the pictures from the track:
racetracker_5010422_74230f567643a6cc2a87e.jpg

racetracker_5014775_7422943e647defbf66924.jpg

racetracker_5018889_7422842d8602196da3f6a.jpg

racetracker_5019368_7423374aba4d2020d3914.jpg

ps. i had perfect 2 laps with no mishaps!