Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

IP copyrights, as they are now, are a cancer on the once beautiful breast of the tech/gaming industry.

I'm gonna copyright the word "The" for it's usage in all of videogame, audio-visual entertainment, advertising and books.

Millions here I come.

I'm gonna copyright the word "The" for it's usage in all of videogame, audio-visual entertainment, advertising and books.

Millions here I come.

Well if Bethesda think they own the word "Scrolls" they might as well think they own the word "The", since they're both in the title. Err, I mean "In *** title". Please don't sue :(

Just placed a pre-order from ozgameshop.com :D

Oh my god, he just put away a strung arrow without firing it! :blink:

I'm liking what I see. Many similarities to Oblivion, which is fine, Oblivion was a great game in many ways. It's just a tiny bit too similar in my opinion (NPC behavior.... and the ground is just a bit too flat), but it still looks great.

This is only after the first video too.

Watched this quite some time ago. The music when he got on the horse... So beautiful!

I just want to know the system requirements so then I'll know if I need to SLi my beast

I like how they decided to put low res textures to the one thing that's always in your face: the shield. Looks good though, even if I really haven't played any Elder Scrolls games.

Well, that appeared to be the console version, so crappy graphics are to be expected :p

Well, that appeared to be the console version, so crappy graphics are to be expected :p

That is another thing I noticed, while it's great that the controls and menus were streamlined for the console, I hope they make it work well with a mouse+keyboard too, as that is how I'll be playing. Of course, this has never been a problem in the past.

I'm actually quite impressed with what they've been able to pull off, considering it seems to be the 360(?) version in the 30 minute demo.

I've got it pre-ordered, though I got cheap and did it from a place with not so fast shipping.. I might regret that at some point.. :p

It's going to be a console port on PC so don't expect many high res textures. On PC, it's a mostly DX9 game. I find it hard to believe that a PS3 or a 360 can't handle a high res texture on an item that's in your face.

It's the plague that has hunted PC Gaming for the past half decade or so. So limited by consoles. Sometimes I feel like tying a game developer to a chair and beating him up with a mouse while screaming "DO YOU SEE IT? DO YOU? ITS A MOUSE... USE IT!"
So many games' interfaces are such a complete cluterfuck, specially those which try to emulate the controllers with the keyboard. Prime example is FIFA 12 which tells you to press Right Throttle or Left Shoulder to do this or that... There is no motherf****ing Right Throttle in my keyboard!

</rant>

I did like the dragons coming out of nowhere and using monsters like chew-dolls

Well, considering where game makers make most of their money, it isn't really surprising it gotten to this. I understand the frustration though :)

6 gigs: New engine & we?re much better at compression (art/voice/data). It?s huge yet more optimized than we?ve had before. And faster.

I'll believe the compression when I'll see the textures.

6gb because console textures.