Electronic car key fobs fail on entire street

_55998597_keyfob_121011_rushes.jpg

Poor Panda. :(

Might be a tad impractical when you're unable to lock 3/4 doors though.

Sounds like someone is testing out localized EMP pulse gun

So that's where the British-built 315/433mHz jammer I ordered went. Stupid RoyalFail.

Smart people buy cars that only require a key to be opened. Really smart people also buy cars with the option of being started using a starting-handle. :p

You forget the smartest: those that don't need machines at all to start their car and prefer 'EMP-proof' horses.

You forget the smartest: those that don't need machines at all to start their car and prefer 'EMP-proof' horses.

The smartest of all are running around on carbureted bikes that can be run off points and don't care about EMP or shoveling horse crap.

Might be a tad impractical when you're unable to lock 3/4 doors though.

Your Astra should have a button inside for that. Not the most user-friendly option of course, but here's what you do: Exit the car through the driver door, as you would normally. Lock driver door. Open passenger door. Press lock button. Close passenger door. Pray you didn't leave the key inside. ???. Profit.

Correct you are (as always), and it is mentioned in the user manual as well. Of course you and I are the only two people, in the world, that reads their manual... ;)
Physical key lock only operates the drivers door, even with power, which is a bit odd I think.

Clearly the UK government is testing their new surveillance and control equipment on this street, making sure that people who have recently watched anything unchristian are not able to transport themselves with relative ease to an area that might have a probability of containing children, who would then be exposed to the appearances of an ungodly person.

Smart people buy cars that only require a key to be opened. Really smart people also buy cars with the option of being started using a starting-handle. :p
I knew all along Lada owners were the smartest people!

Last edited:
Obviously the solution is to buy an old mechanical Diesel with a manual transmission ensuring to park it facing down a hill at all times. When the Man comes after you you can drive away. The only issue is that most anyone can walk faster than your car can drive.

I think we can all agree that the only solution is to not buy a car to park on your street, and instead stay indoors at a treadmill for all hours of the day. Then when the Man comes, you can run really fast.

Negative, when messing with the Man, this is the car you need :

77tabig.jpg

That or a Semi and a dog......

Correct you are (as always), and it is mentioned in the user manual as well. Of course you and I are the only two people, in the world, that reads their manual... ;)

:blush:

In my case it's more trial and error. True story: Last spring we were at the Olympiazentrum stepping our boat's mast with three drivers and three cars (don't ask why, long story...), two of them Astra H estates (again, don't ask... estateness runs in the family apparently). One Astra leaves in the afternoon, taking all Astra keys with it :jeremy: the remaining Astra is sitting there unlocked. How to lock it without a key? Can't do that while the driver's door is open, hence use the passenger's door to push the button.

Physical key lock only operates the drivers door, even with power, which is a bit odd I think.

Odd? yes. Cheap? Awww yeah.
You need the button on the dash anyway to allow you to lock while inside. Why connect up the driver's door lock to the central locking if people usually do not even get to enjoy said connection in action? Save a few dollars instead. After all, it still is a GM product.

Last edited:
Negative, when messing with the Man, this is the car you need :

<Pontiac>

That or a Semi and a dog......
That is an ideal vehicle for messing with the Man for a limited time until you have to stop to refuel. Ideally if one were both inclined to messing with the Man and equipped with a vehicle of that character one would be wise to position one's dwelling in such a position relative to a geographic boundary of political entities that the operational range of the vehicle would facilitate a traversal over said boundary without the need to refill the onboard container where the flammable liquid that powers the vehicle is stored while engaging in direct confrontation with the Man.

Why connect up the driver's door lock to the central locking if people usually do not even get to enjoy said connection in action? Save a few dollars instead. After all, it still is a GM product.
True that. Then they went ahead and used those savings on installing an AUX-cable, but saved a few cents again by not installing the 3.5mm connector at the end of it. Weirdly, on the Saturn Astra they added traditional door push pins for manual locking.

This thread is now about sticking it to the Man and GM resource allocation.

Obviously the solution is to buy an old mechanical Diesel with a manual transmission ensuring to park it facing down a hill at all times. When the Man comes after you you can drive away. The only issue is that most anyone can walk faster than your car can drive.

Clearly the answer here is a 4BT swapped FJ40.

My Saab has a real key inside the key that you can operate the passenger door with. Unfortunately it doesn't deactivate the alarm at the same time.

Even smarter people buy cars that require 3 different keys. :D

And I do carry a starting handle in the back at all times.

Clearly the answer here is a 4BT swapped FJ40.

Swap FJ40 for Defender and we have a deal. :p

Last edited: