Email from Applause

tomd89

Car(s)
Ford Puma
Has anyone here been to a Top Gear recording?

Just received an email from applause to say that I have been selected from the reserve list, and that I can book tickets for Top Gear. I have followed the link and booked 4 tickets for the 1st July. I then received an email thanking me for booking the tickets, and then it says that to confirm that I have actually got a place, someone from Top Gear will either phone or email me, but this can happen up to a week before the show is recorded.

What I would like to know is was has been peoples experience with this, have you had a phone call a week before the show, or if I don't get a phone call/email soon should I not get my hopes up?

Cheers, Tom.

Tom, Applause will phone you the week before if you have been successful and will then email your tickets to you. Good luck!

I've received this email as well. The problem is, I actually live in Brazil, so being told a week before that I've got tickets for the show leaves too little time to actually get to the UK...:no:

I've received this email as well. The problem is, I actually live in Brazil, so being told a week before that I've got tickets for the show leaves too little time to actually get to the UK...:no:

Are they transferable? Offer them to someone in the UK you know.

I got the email too, I sent off for the 8th July (I've got exams before then). Hopefully I'm successful

Are they transferable? Offer them to someone in the UK you know.

If I do get the tickets, I'll try my best to get to Dunsfold in a week's time. If that's not possible, then I'll definitely try to transfer it to someone else (maybe someone from the forums, who knows? ;))

Congratulations! Have fun at the filming! :D

They will contact you anytime between now and 10 days before the filming takes place, I have mine already.

(maybe someone from the forums, who knows? ;))

It's my birthday tomorrow, and my dad will fly me to see TG if I get tickets....

Please... :cry::)

Oh so for your birthday you get to see Top Gear, and for mine, I get to watch my favourite football club get completely screwed over by a blind ref. No fair, I hate you. :p

How do you manage to get in so frequently?

I've heard that some people have been to the filming 7 or 8 times. I'd say luck plays a part, but that is all I can say.

Tip: Let's not forget that Applause Store has actually changed their ticketing system for Season 13. It's first come first serve! Unlike the last 12 seasons when they used to give tickets out to anyone on the waiting list.

Your best chance would be to apply for tickets for one of the last few dates for season 14 as soon as you receive the email. That's unless you've chosen a date already for season 13 as soon as you received the email.

Good luck young padawans:p

Last edited:
If I do get the tickets, I'll try my best to get to Dunsfold in a week's time. If that's not possible, then I'll definitely try to transfer it to someone else (maybe someone from the forums, who knows? ;))
maybe a raffle or a contest?
:thumbup: :rolleyes:

no really i hope you manage to go

I got an e-mail telling me to click on the picture, which had no picture for me to click on. :(

(I have been once already, so I'm not making a fuss. But seriously, FFS Applause Store.)