Eminem is a piece of shit, im pirating his new CD.

Wasn't rap all about politics once, and expressing opinions? Public Enemy of course, but also Ice-T etc. Nowadays, the only rap you hear on the radio comes from dorks talking about how they put spinners on their Phantom or whatnot. The fast cars and so on have always been featured in rap lyrics, but it was used to make a point, namely that (black) men with no future whatsoever can come out of the ghetto and make something of themselves. Anyway, there's absolutely no point in the big artists' rap lyrics anymore, which is plain sad. So thanks to Eminem for trying to bring some of it back. I haven't heard the new album though, so I can't comment on the way he does it. And I have to admit one line on The Eminem Show annoyed me greatly: "Saddam's got his own Laden". Right, what the hell was that supposed to mean?

This is all just a classic case of liking someone who constantly disses people (either seriously or in a joking manner), until they start dissing something which is dear to you. Pretty sad attitude, I say. I mean, where were you when Eminem was bashing gays, or his own wife, his mother, or everyone else, really? Exactly, you didn't care, so it was alright for him to do so. But now, oh nooo...

In sum, just let him.

Can't stand most rap - all about 'bein in da hood' and 'fucking ur mother'! it's a load of shite in my op.

MercedesAMG said:
justin.. would you be saying this if he was saying bad stuff about kerry? i doubt it
Exactly.

SPG900 said:
Wasn't rap all about politics once, and expressing opinions? Public Enemy of course, but also Ice-T etc. Nowadays, the only rap you hear on the radio comes from dorks talking about how they put spinners on their Phantom or whatnot. The fast cars and so on have always been featured in rap lyrics, but it was used to make a point, namely that (black) men with no future whatsoever can come out of the ghetto and make something of themselves. Anyway, there's absolutely no point in the big artists' rap lyrics anymore, which is plain sad. So thanks to Eminem for trying to bring some of it back. I haven't heard the new album though, so I can't comment on the way he does it. And I have to admit one line on The Eminem Show annoyed me greatly: "Saddam's got his own Laden". Right, what the hell was that supposed to mean?
I completely agree with you. Rap started as a way of fighting back against the system (as cheesy as that sounds) but has turned into 3 and a half minute long sneaker or SUV commercials. It started as a form for the disenfranchised and now it's used just to show off the nouveau-riche's latest Escalade.

However, there is a growing backlash against that right now and there is some damn good music coming out of it. I'd say that Eminem does go against the whole commercialized\non-political form of rap a bit, but he's a bit too far into the system to do it effectively.

Here's some groups to check out:
- Buck 65 (he's Canadian and my favourite)
- Atmosphere
- Sage Francis
- Busdriver
- Deltron 3030 (old, but still damn good)

If you're sick of the current state of rap and want to listen to something fresh, check any of those out. They're political, they're not commercialized, and they're still underground. My highest recommendation would be Buck 65's album 'Talkin' Honky Blues'. Enjoy. :)

i dont care about this anymore.

He obviously couldnt mobolize his great army of young ppl and young ppl didnt vote again in this election.

voters 18-27 were 17%. :lol: Way to move and inspire young ppl eminem. LOL

it was 17% in both 2000 and 2004 elections.

most young ppl just dont care. fuck them. :wink:

justin syder said:
it was 17% in both 2000 and 2004 elections.

most young ppl just dont care. fuck them. :wink:
Ya, I was extremely impressed by the overall voter turn out, but even after all the "Vote or Die", "Rock the Vote", "No Sex for Non-Voters" and Eminem antics the numbers of young voters still didn't increase. :roll: I'm not really sure if anything could increase the nubmers of young voters. :( I think South Park has one of the best takes on that though(Episode 808 - Douche and Turd). :p

Ya, I was extremely impressed by the overall voter turn out, but even after all the "Vote or Die", "Rock the Vote", "No Sex for Non-Voters" and Eminem antics the numbers of young voters still didn't increase. I'm not really sure if anything could increase the nubmers of young voters. I think South Park has one of the best takes on that though(Episode 808 - Douche and Turd).

Because they just dont care about politics and that lack of enthusiasm or interest in politics is typical in american youth.

i find it comical that the very vote the democrats try to seek year after year is never there for them.

im sure the number of republican voters is far higher than democratic voters.

... too lazy to read the whole thread...

got his new cd already. great album weird songs though... but that is kinda the norm for emimem

his new album sucks cock, i jsut downloaded it off suprnova and i dont like n e of the songs.

save myself like 120 hkd :p

He only has two albums worth buying... Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP. After that he started singing more often, and it's just horrible. I wouldn't mind the singing if it could outclass anything you might hear in kindergarten. There still are some interesting bits in Evil Deeds and My 1st Single for instance, but on both tracks the chorus ruins it. The preacher thingie in Rain Man is alright, but it's nothing we haven't heard before, and better, in Criminal on the MMLP.

"You can't teach me a goddamn thing cause I watch TV and Comcast cable." Ah, those were the days...

the song for haily was ok, for some reason it was quite touching in some bits you know.............

SPG900 said:
He only has two albums worth buying... Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP. After that he started singing more often, and it's just horrible. I wouldn't mind the singing if it could outclass anything you might hear in kindergarten. There still are some interesting bits in Evil Deeds and My 1st Single for instance, but on both tracks the chorus ruins it. The preacher thingie in Rain Man is alright, but it's nothing we haven't heard before, and better, in Criminal on the MMLP.

"You can't teach me a goddamn thing cause I watch TV and Comcast cable." Ah, those were the days...

i think his best albums are "fucking crazy" and "off the wall"...