Eminem - Mosh Music Video

You send out the poor and naiv to fight a war that you dont need. Its fucking stupid.

this is why i keep going, that statement is false. Are all youth Naive and young? Then we shouldnt be able to drink or drive or vote right? :roll:

and for the last time, we dont send anyone to the military, THEY VOLUNTEER.

you can lock this cause ill let America speak for me when Bush is voted in.

I think letting America speak for you is the best way for you to express yourself, yes!

He won't win btw.

haz

we will see, and im done with this.

ill wait til after he's re-elected to post on politics.

Then there's two of us! (AND that awful sig is a gonner as well after the elections..)

haz

They Volunteer yes, but WHY do they volunteer? Because the army is a good gateway if you want an education. But nothing is what it seems like, you cant read how it is like down in Iraq, you dont know 'till you go. And NO they are not all young and naiv, but some and many are. Come on Justin, I know that you have some points, cant you see anything wrong about the war? :|

yes, its a bit messy, we dont have enough troops on the ground for peacekeeping, fighting the terrorists. we also didnt plan well enough to forsee the terrorists uprising, we havnt kept iraqi boarders tight.

there are things wrong but overall it is going well enough. look at afghanistan, they just had elections without terror attacks and elected their first president already.

i never said the war in iraq was perfect but some ppl make it out to be a disaster. thats wrong.

Then there's two of us! (AND that awful sig is a gonner as well after the elections..)

yes ill return to the Zonda SL stuff promptly on Nov 3. :wink:

"but some ppl make it out to be a disaster. thats wrong." - justin syder

Well, I see what you mean, it is not all hell down there. BUT,, what you have to ask yourself is why the heck the US sent Troops down there. Might it have something to do with oil? If it is all about threat, North Corea is more of a threat and there sure as hell are easier countries to "free".

BTW, WTF are you posting for? is your PS2 broken? Is your house in flames? Or worse, is San Andreas already boring you!? :lol: :wink:

i paused it and im on my comp eating lunch posting. on and off doing like 3 things.

if we were there for oil then are gasoline prices would fall and they havent. we were there cause we , along with Israel, UK, Russia, and some other nations and even Prez Clinton, Senatro Kerry thought he had WMDs. You do know he attacked Israel during the first war right? Well we didnt want him doing that with WMDs and he basically was telling the UN to fuck off as they got nothing done but give him more time to build up and arsenal.

and you could do this urself, look up where we get our oil from and the highest amount of oil we get is from canada. :wink:

I know, but you want the oil for yourself. Part of the reason why the Iraqi people burnt shitloads. Going against the UN was also super stupid. If a country like Norway would do that, we'd be in trouble.

BTW, have you seen that outfoxed documentary? If not, get it from suprnova.org Its crazy. I cant see how anyone can take FOX News Channel seriously after seeing it. :)

justin syder said:
And Zenon, if I didnt have much of an argument Id also get frustrated and decided to stop with this too. Bush will be back in for 4 more yrs!!! :)
Ok, now that is just being rude. I said I'd stay out of this, but now you've got me really pissed off.

First of all, not all soldiers are young and naive. Not all are unwilling to serve and to die. However, there are a lot of soldiers who willingly signed up for the military pre-Iraq thinking they would serve in ways that would make the world a better place. Attacking and occupying Iraq is not making the world a better place - it is just another exmaple of the US governments imperialistic and colonial attitude towards the middle east. It is very hard to fight a war you don't agree with and a lot of young troops are having really deep issues with that. Sure Saddam was a threat, but an unprovoked attack with the aim of occupying a country will do nothing but destabalize the middle east. It could have been done in a manner that wouldn't have cost nearly as many lives, and wouldn't have severed the US' relationship with so many countries.

Now all of these soldiers did sign up and should be willing to fight in any war they are called to serve in, but you can not blame them for having reservations about going to Iraq! If you were todl that you had to go to a war-torn country without adequate body armour or armoured vehicles and fight against people who want nothing more than to see you dead, do you think you'd be happy? I think what you see in that Eminem music video represents the feelings of a lot of soldiers. (By the way, there have been many soldiers who have gone AWOL and come to Canada - not nearly as many as during Vietnam, but I can definetly sympathize with them)

Secondly, with the weapons of mass destruction fiasco, all of those senators and politicians believed Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (I refuse to call them WMDs) because of inaccurate and false intelligence! Anyone would! The difference is, most of them have admitted they were wrong. That is the one thing the Bush administration is completly incapable of doing - admitting they were wrong. They stubbornly continue along without offering even the smallest apology to the American people.

Thirdly, saying that the attack was not motivated by oil is outright ignorant. I'm not saying it was the only reason, but it was a very large influence. It is also not suprising at all that gas prices haven't gone down - I never expected them to. The point is, the US has become so overly dependant on fossil fuels, that to merely maintain the prices - not lower them - they need more direct control over and stability with the middle eastern oil reserves.

Also, if you are bringing up the point about the US getting oil from Canada, you obviously know nothing about oil. The oil found in Canada - mostly in Alberta - is a form of sludge oil that can not be refined to a point where it can be used for common fuels. If you're only watching the news or reading Wired magazine, you'd think Alberta is the new Iraq, but this is one of the great examples of how retarded mass media can be, and how uninformed people who use mass media can get. The oil found in Alberta definetly has its uses, but as it can not be used for things such as gasoline, it doesn't effect the prices of common fuels at all.

I'm still going to try my hardest to stay out of this conversation, but really, think or read (something other than a mass media source) before you post. :(

Jostyrostelli said:
TOTAL DESTRUCTION!! :p :p :p :p

Now just wait for the fall-out :p
I'm sure that sounds great to you because it happens to validate your position, but from my point of view, Zenon mostly stated opinions.

Look, nobody's going to convince anyone, because both sides are stating opinions or selective facts that only support their side.

The issue boils down to what you believe the motive of the administration for going to war was: Was it well meaning and just or malicious and self-serving?
Both sides I think already made their minds up on what the motive is and it's doubtful anything is going to change that.
Both sides also look at all facts with the motive in the back of their minds, so they look at them completely differently.
Motive is something that is very difficult if not impossible to conclusively prove with facts, so IMHO, the whole argument is a bit futile.

I don't know why we have these topics about Iraq...nobody is going to change his opinion...but it's still entertaining... :D

ESPNSTI said:
I'm sure that sounds great to you because it happens to validate your position, but from my point of view, Zenon mostly stated opinions.

Look, nobody's going to convince anyone, because both sides are stating opinions or selective facts that only support their side.

The issue boils down to what you believe the motive of the administration for going to war was: Was it well meaning and just or malicious and self-serving?
Both sides I think already made their minds up on what the motive is and it's doubtful anything is going to change that.
Both sides also look at all facts with the motive in the back of their minds, so they look at them completely differently.
Motive is something that is very difficult if not impossible to conclusively prove with facts, so IMHO, the whole argument is a bit futile.
I do completely agree with you. I originally said I was going to stay away from still posting in this thread because it's not like anything is going to change with arguing about politics this close to the election. Justin's comments just really pissed me off though.

I'm still going to try to stay out of here. Less than a week and this will finally all be over! :D

^ How about a popsicle stick and a bird cage? :p

I'm sure he'll flip you the bird when you try to collect that $10.