• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Endurance Race!

pdanev

Forum Addict
Lets continue here with the idea of endurance race. :)

Track: Aston Club!
Car: Any GTR!
Laps: min 20
Pit stops: at least 1

this would be my suggestion, since a couple of us already did quite some practice today there and made setups for that track.

the track is short, ~1min, not many corners, easy to memorize.
however its a bit tricky, hence challanging and fun.

its tight, which makes overtaking hard, that way the race should be fun.

take any gtr, since we dont really have world record class setups for them, we cant take out the full potential of those cars anyway, at least not now, so we should be in a similar range of time. (we arent mature and skilled enough for formulas, we are familiar with s1 cars already - time to move on to something new, and the mini is too damn slow -> GTRs)

we really need to keep it CLEAN and civilised, otherwise we will have countless restarts :thumbsdown: :x meaning, dont try to get pole in the first corner by any means,back off a bit and line up instead of taking everyone out with late braking and stuff.

as for time, we can agree on anything, i think most people are free now, no uni and school, so that should be something easy to agree on.

we should agree on the track though, so that everyone can start practicing there. if everyone is fine with this track then we can start practicing righ away ;)

so what do you guys think?

edit: the track is not very fast, so if we dont ram each other on the straight like maniacs, and dont try to overtake in the middle of the chickane, fatal crashes shouldnt occur. probably there will be some minor bumps and spins at hairpins, but those wont destroy your car and f**k up your race. you'll loose a few seconds, but since its a relatively long race, hopefully that wont come at a high price.

I don't agree on the track, it's a slow track, especially for GTR. I suggest the Oval 2nd or 3rd track. That's it perfect, it has fast and curvy parts.

I'll sticky this and hope this is gonna be a weekly blast!

Pdanev said:
we arent mature and skilled enough for formulas

What? :eek: You mean you aren't mature enough? :lol:

I am!

^ yeah sure, im taking the inside of the oval, almost touching the grass, but u still though you can pass me from the inside... well, you actually did, but knocked me out from the race :lol:

the problem i see with the fast track there and gtrs, is that
1, its too damn long, and once the grid starts falling apart, everyone will be miles away from each other
2, since its so long, some people might dislike the idea and might take quite some time to memorize braking points etc
3, since those are fast tracks, overtaking will take place at high speed where the smallest mistakes will completely destroy both your and the competitors cars

Nonono You were not on the grass, almost, but normally you overtake on the left, and when I see somebody coming in my mirror (out of my slipstream) and way faster than me, I go to the right so he won't hit me, but oh no, Pdanev wants to block me :lol:

And you took a risk, never block Josty, it'll kill you :evil: :mrgreen:

It's true that we'll fall apart, but with V8 for instance it's very cool, you catch up very easy.

I prefer the Aston Club track... me and josty had an amazing run for about 2laps before josty pulled a stupid overtaking move and screwed us both up :p ... and the Aston Club track is nice because it is pretty hard to overtake as its quite narrow, I only see places of overtaking is coming out the corners... plus if its an endurance race, we would actually take more time to overtake rather than do it in the next corner... and pdanev, 20laps in the Aston club is very quick, 1 lap on average takes about 1:03-1:04

go try it... memorize the braking points and develop a setup for that track and it will kick ass ;) ... whats wrong with it ren?

Well I gotta agree with Renesis, this track is tricky with GTR. It's not a fast track. I still prefer one of the Oval tracks, 2 or 3.

this is what makes it challenging... even with the FXO, the car is unbelievably twitchy at the chicane and the final hairpin because of the uneven surfaces... plus now we can change our pit strategy so if we happen to damage the car or unexpectedly used more fuel than normal... we can pit earlier or later depending... the only problem I see with this track when you play with 20people online is the first chicane is too slow and there is usually a huge pileup

andy said:
plus now we can change our pit strategy so if we happen to damage the car or unexpectedly used more fuel than normal

The problem with this track is, if you damage your car, it will be totalled, and often you can't drive to the pits.

but the only part I see damage coming from is the chicane where you hit the wall... other than that, if you're not side-by-side racing, I can't see any accident anywhere else, plus the corners to the entries are pretty wide, you can brake about 20m late and still make the corner without running off the track

Jostyrostelli said:
Nonono You were not on the grass, almost, but normally you overtake on the left, and when I see somebody coming in my mirror (out of my slipstream) and way faster than me, I go to the right so he won't hit me, but oh no, Pdanev wants to block me :lol:

And you took a risk, never block Josty, it'll kill you :evil: :mrgreen:

It's true that we'll fall apart, but with V8 for instance it's very cool, you catch up very easy.

i saw you sniffing on me slip stream already at corner exit, so i went as left as i could go, as close to the inside of the oval as possible. so that when u draft you would have to overtake me on the right meaning that you would take the next corner up on the oval which would slow you down so that i could get away afterwards. i did the same the other race with bihus, he was always drafting, but i was driving a defense line on the inner part of the oval so that whatever advantage he gained by drafting he would loose it in corners. but noooo, mr. mature here though he could cut infront of me even though im on the inside, so you wet a bit offroad, lost control at that speed obviously and bounced my car up to the wall :lol:

pdanev said:
but noooo, mr. mature here though he could cut infront of me even though im on the inside, so you wet a bit offroad, lost control at that speed obviously and bounced my car up to the wall :lol:

:lmao: :lmao:

josty, josty, josty... grow up :mrgreen:

andyhui01 said:
pdanev said:
but noooo, mr. mature here though he could cut infront of me even though im on the inside, so you wet a bit offroad, lost control at that speed obviously and bounced my car up to the wall :lol:

:lmao: :lmao:

josty, josty, josty... grow up :mrgreen:

:lmao: you guys crack me up everytime... :lol:

20laps in the Aston club is very quick, 1 lap on average takes about 1:03-1:04

that's why i wrote at least 20, i dont mind doing more ;)

this track is tricky with GTR. It's not a fast track
thats why its a challange and sort of safe on the other hand, not fast -> you wont total your car.
the only problem I see with this track when you play with 20people online is the first chicane is too slow and there is usually a huge pileup
there'll never be 20 of us unfortunatelly, so i'd corss out that scenario. but you are right the the first corner can be a big pile up, but if everyone behaves it should be no problem. just look at the races we had with a full starting grid on bw. first corner is also tight immediately followed by a chicane. if everyone behaves and keeps it clean, there's pleanty of room for everyone. if ukd & co decides to go nutts and take pole at any price....thats when things go sideways :)
The problem with this track is, if you damage your car, it will be totalled, and often you can't drive to the pits.
thats not true. this was exactely my point, that its not a fast track, and you wont smash your car to pieces while doing 270+kmph. the track is not fast, and is relatively short, so you can make it to the pit. whereas take the 3rd part of the oval, which is btw the longest track in s2 with 8+km length, you wreck your car doing few hundred kmph, 1 -> it will be 100% junk 2, you will be lightyears away from the pit and wont even have a chance to roll in

the problem with the 2nd track of the oval, is that it has an even more dangerous 1st corner at the end of the oval where everyone is speeding pretty much, so if any crashes were to happen in the 1st corner that track would call for even more victims.

dunno, i really like the oval tracks as well, but from a racing point of view, taking into account our skills and our "experience" with s2 so far, i dont think a long fast track is the way to go. we'll end up with 10cars cruising at 10 random places on the track being ages away from each other. be realistic, we make lots of stupid mistakes, and someone always has a bad day and ends up crashing everyone unintentionally. the consequences of this are much worse on a fast long track, then they are on a small not so fast track.

pdanev has a good point about the oval track... we can do that in a few weeks time when we get more familiar with the cars... btw, we have to work out the blueflag rules since its a short lap there are bound to be loads, do we move away when we see the blue flag on our screen?... or do we do the judgement on our own?

i think you can just let off the throttle a bit and move down the straight, or run wide in a hairpin or so

Okok, we'll do the race on your track then. But 20 laps is way too much, let's try 10 first, yesterday we didn't even finish one 10 lap race.