Endurance racing 2016

#8 Toyota just went into the garage. Cooked brakes?

Maybe sticking calipers or something with the hybrid energy harvesting system, currently it's unknown.

Toyota #9 is now 3rd, they might be slower but maybe they are deliberately on a safer configuration so they are more reliable. :dunno:

Looks a lot more serious than a stuck caliper.

Also impressed with the C7.R's spin in pit lane.

Just saw telemetry for the #9 Toyota. Is it really pulling 3Gs in the corners?

The flying butress illumination on the Ford GTs looks badass.

Last edited:
Looks a lot more serious than a stuck caliper.
Yeah, they are changing the electric motor on the front axle so the same thing as Porsche #2.

Just saw telemetry for the #9 Toyota. Is it really pulling 3Gs in the corners?
Considering that the LMP1s are doing 260+ kph (160+ mph) in the Porsche curves they might do.

In GTE Pro the #92 Porsche overtook the #67 Ford on the track after a couple of aborted attempts.

Toyota #8 is tumbling down the list while Porsche #2 already overtook all GTE Am contenders, it's currently 34th, the lowest was 54th.

Additionally, Toyota #7 and #9 are under scrutiny for some kind of infringement so Porsche #1 might be in the lead in the foreseeable future...

Last edited:
Well, the best P2 is currently 4th overall, I won't be surprised if the P1s run into trouble (those hybrid systems are anything but reliable) and one of them wins.

That's a real possibility...

Meanwhile, Porsche #2 now has more laps under it's belt than Toyota #8 so they are 32nd, Toyota #8 is currently 34th and still plunging down the order while standing in the pits.

"Team manager of car #66, can you please ask your driver kindly to not spread gravel all over the track?" :lol: - After Ford #66 was in the gravel trap at Indianapolis and was weaving around to shake as much gravel as possible out of the car. Now the safety cars are out so the track can be cleaned from the gravel...

What a jerk! Hehehe. Should let cars unlap themselves, wait until everyone is in the lead lap. Yeah just kidding.

And the Leading Toyota (#7) is having gearbox problems and Porsche just passed for the lead.

I admit I am pulling for Toyota this year so this is frustrating for me.

Last edited:
#ToyotaReliability.

Have all Toyotas been recalled today? :p

- - - Updated - - -

I just thought of something, what if LMP2 car takes 3rd overall? Do they stand on both podiums?

That's surprising, couldn't they just tow it back and at least take a look?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but its my understanding that if a car can't make it back to the pits under its own power, its out?

I thought it wasn't like that, at the very least they're craned back. Also, the #9 Toyota is fucked up now. Damn it!

I thought it wasn't like that, at the very least they're craned back. Also, the #9 Toyota is fucked up now. Damn it!

Or maybe if the driver gets out. Or something.

On other Toyota topics, #9 shooting flames now. Toyota garage looks royally pissed.

They can bring it back, but I am guessing Toyota determined it was not repairable.

And now the #9 is on fire. ARGH!