Endurance racing 2016

Porsche seem seriously worried as well, I'm getting the feeling the #1 car isn't running 100% as well.

Perhaps, but with Toyota now out they're going to dial back the performance which should keep them running till the end.

Last edited:
Hope they can bring the #9 back and do something, it's just too early for it to be all over...

Hope they can bring the #9 back and do something, it's just too early for it to be all over...

Looked like the driver got out of the car. If so, its over.

I'm depressed. :lol:

The Toyota's are done, the Corvette's are done, including the lone pole sitting GTE-Am Vette. There is no one left for me to root for.

Yeah - first time in years I have been able to watch the entire race thanks to YouTube streaming and 10 hours in it was over for me. :cry:

I went to bed around 0:45h so I missed all the drama... :shakefist:

Ah well, it seems at least two LMP2 will be on the overall podium, and it really is possible that an LMP2 will win overall... :D

Got some sleep, wake up and GT Pro top 5 are still separated by barely 1:50 min. Crazy race in GTPro

Looked like the driver got out of the car. If so, its over.
Iirc they're allowed to get out of the car (to assess damage etc) but they have to stay within 10m of the car, or they've for fitted.

Some team even go as far as putting a 10m cord in the car. If the driver gets out, one end goes over the handbrake/gearshift, the other end around the drivers wrist...

Is it bad I'm hoping for the final Porsche to also fail? An all lmp2 podium would be awesome!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Got to give credit where it's due, I think the ACO might have done a good job on the BoP this year.

Here are the GTEPro best lap times so far, all pretty damn close to each other.

bestlap.jpg

Still sucks!

So, Porsche, you made a new mid engined 911? That's nice, now well limit your performance so that 8yo Aston Martin can keep up.

What's the point? Someone should make a gte aixam! Should be a hoot to see the Corvettes with a 1 cm air restrictor

If you want to make it fair for the drivers, make it a spec class!

I think it's cool they running around, and in the way of the lmp's, but besides that, they're completely meaningless

Last edited:
Leading Porsche going slow because of loss of oil pressure!!
Could it be? :D

Oh my god, 5 min to go and that Aston dives in Arnage??? You don't do that! I know the Vette has the straight line speed and you can't get em there but Arnage? really? You're far more likely to stuff it there than you are of ever making the OT :(

- - - Updated - - -

HOLY HELL! What a frikkin final lap!! that Vette driver went berserk, WTF happened there? he was perfect and then he can't hold the race line, I think he thrashed his own tires when he missed the chicane.

Aston! Hell yeah!

Well that was one epic recovery drive for that #2 Porsche. What a race! Huge finish for the GT Pro, but no Ferrari in sight, come ooooon!
GT Am different story, Ferrari 1, 2, 3.

Glad I set my alarm to see the end

Wow, I was not expecting to see a Corvette battling for the class win that late in the race when I woke up this morning to watch the last 20 minutes. Even though it ended in a bit of a heart break, it was just nice to see them have a legit shot at it, so no regrets. A big congrats to the Aston Martin guys for running an awesome race. Who knows if we will ever see another 2 front engine, rear drive, naturally aspirated V8 racing cars battling for the win at Le Mans ever again.

The V8 Vantage is leaving production and the new car is rumored to have a turbo V8. And we know GM is working on a mid engine Corvette, so just like Porsche it looks like Chevrolet's next all new GTEPro car will go mid engine as well. Shame really. I really enjoyed seeing mid engine cars going up against front engine cars going up against rear engine cars. V8's, V6's, V10's, Flat-6's, etc. I sure hope the glory days aren't behind us.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my god, 5 min to go and that Aston dives in Arnage??? You don't do that! I know the Vette has the straight line speed and you can't get em there but Arnage? really? You're far more likely to stuff it there than you are of ever making the OT :(

- - - Updated - - -

HOLY HELL! What a frikkin final lap!! that Vette driver went berserk, WTF happened there? he was perfect and then he can't hold the race line, I think he thrashed his own tires when he missed the chicane.

Aston! Hell yeah!
The commentators here suspect the Corvette got a slow puncture after that contact with the Aston. It's probably what caused him to go off at the chicane. It's a shame, because that was a fun battle and it looked like it wasn't quite over. Still, happy to see the Corvette manage to stay on the podium.