Engine ringtones

dice

Car(s)
'00 VW Golf
Anyone know any good sites where I can find .mp3's or other filetypes of engine revvs/roars?

I need some nice ones to make myself a pretty unique ringtone ;)

I remember someone uploading some a while back, I think I downloaded them but I can't seem to find them :dunno:
Maybe someone else still has them :|

I used to have the BRM V16 as a ringtone. (Rightclick, save as...) But that didn't work well, as for easily explainable reasons I never picked up the phone... :oops:

i've tried to create some myself in the past, but it never worked

the speaker in the phone doesn't reach those frequences, and you only hear some rattling

would love to have a bov as sound for received messages
(now it's the horn of a giant boat -WOOOOOOT-, and the instrumental version of wu-tang - tearz (awesome song!) when someone calls me)

how do these sound on a phone? i would expect them to sound like shit coming out of the phone's speakers

Well, all I do is to get a .mp3 file, transfer it to my Samsung SGH-D500 with a cable and then just play it. The speaker on it is actually pretty good.

i have some nokia that can't play mp3s, and i tried to record on it a mcmerc SLR but all you could hear was some muffled noise. but i got an excellent message tone from TG [08x01] at 40:23, hearing the koenigsegg roaring past. makes getting a message a real joy, especially in the middle of some boring class when it wakes up my classmates :evil:

I would also expect this to sound pretty poor. You're only pretty much playing one frequency, which coming out of your phone is not going to sound too crash hot.

It will just end up hitting the limits of the phone nspeaker and come out as noise.

It would be cool if you had a proper speaker phone though. 8)

someone should try and make the nokia theme out of engine sounds. for the sheer crack.

osabros said:
i have some nokia that can't play mp3s, and i tried to record on it a mcmerc SLR but all you could hear was some muffled noise. but i got an excellent message tone from TG [08x01] at 40:23, hearing the koenigsegg roaring past. makes getting a message a real joy, especially in the middle of some boring class when it wakes up my classmates :evil:

May i ask how can i get the sound from the clip? any programs out there?

-=SLR=- said:
osabros said:

You are able to use Audacity to record sound off your PC. i used it befor but now i am on a MAC :lol: i believe that you just have to change the imput that is on the toolbar. it is easy to use.

-=SLR=- said:
osabros said:

i just used the sound recorder on my phone. put it next to the speakers, cranked up the volume and recorded for 3 seconds.

Wow. What a coincidende. I just bougth the data cable for my phone and started searching for engine sounds to use as a ringtone!
I am using the scream of a 360 Modena at the moment. :evil: