Engineers! UNITE!

Jyv?skyl? University of Applied Sciences
Software Engineer
Graduating in 2010 most likely.

TBH, I've got another year or so until I need to chose, and I've only visited Coventry and Hertfordshire. So its not exactly final, but I have also been looking at Loughborough and occasionally others, but I want something I feel happy with, and Coventry gave me that, whereas Hertfordshire just didn't. Birmingham does look OK from the website, but I would prefer to visit. Did you visit it (coming from Cornwall - you must have been pretty sure of it...) and what do you study there?

Yeah I kinda jumped in at the deep end and only really saw the uni but I'm really happy that, I'm studying Computer Science/Software Engineering (which basically is just slightly different CS). You defiantly should go on open days, I only went on one (but its expensive to get to most of the unis from Cornwall) and got lucky. Avoid former polys tho, You won't be as competitive when it comes to looking for work when you graduate. But you've got plenty of time to decided but it doesn't hurt to think about it early, I certainly wish I did.

Yeah, I deliberately started looking early, as I don't want to have a bad(ish) further education. I guessed that open days are the only way to get a good feel for everything. Especially as the videos on Coventry's website show their main hall as being pretty good, as they don't show the shit bits and give everything else the so called 'myspace angles'.

Go to open days and don't be afraid to ask questions

University of California Berkeley
Mechanical Engineering Major
Electrical Engineering and Computer science minor
Class of 2011

I may double in Mechanical and Electrical engineering or apply for a 5 year masters program...if I took any f these paths I'd probably be class of 2012. =\

And to all those people who say engineering is boring and such...It defiantly isnt! Thats the last thing id expect to hear here, i mean its a CAR forum!

California Polytechnic University of Pomona
BS - Mechanical Engineering.
2 1/2 years left!

I guess im the only Pomona guy here. Bunch of SLO guys though.

Already graduated with an MPhys in Physics from the University of Exeter, now studying for a PhD in Nanotechnology with the engineering department in Swansea University.

California Polytechnic University of Pomona
BS - Mechanical Engineering.
2 1/2 years left!

I guess im the only Pomona guy here. Bunch of SLO guys though.

Lol the other "Cal Poly" as the snobby Poly kids put it. I was considering going there, but chose SLO since its so much closer to the Bay Area, but not close for the parents to say "whats up".

Carnegie Mellon University
Mechanical Engineering
Class of 2012.

Also a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers, and joining the American Society Of Mechanical Engineers.

Cal Poly Pomona,
BS. Comp Engineering
(Why have there been no Cal Poly SLO vs Cal Poly Fast jokes?)

Monash University
Aerospace Engineering and Commerce.
Also on the Monash Motorsport FSAE team.

Hell yeah, you guys better win us that FSAE cup! Though they use pretty retarded ways to determine "winners" from memory

monash1rgb.jpg

Last edited:
Queensland University of Technology
BEng (Mechanical)
2nd Major in Motorsport

finishing in (early) 2011

FSAE is also heaps of fun, hope our car completes the event this yr..
QUTMS FTW!

California State University Sacramento
Major: Civil Engineering
Minor: Mathematics
Graduating.....eventually.

Dyslexics! UNTIE!

Dyslexics! UNTIE!

I'm not currently studying to be an engineer but I'm going to reply anyway, simply because I'm happy to be in college and pursuing a degree after working low-paying shit-jobs for so many years. Besides, the field I'm entering is involved in the automotive industry in countless ways. :)

Purdue University, sophomore
B.S. in Computers & Information Technology
hopefully 2012

Hell yeah, you guys better win us that FSAE cup! Though they use pretty retarded ways to determine "winners" from memory

monash1rgb.jpg

The event encompasses a great deal and they try and turn it into more of an engineering exercise than pure racing.

UCSD...finally gave in the Intent thing 3 days ago.
Class of 2013, or 2014 depending on if I feel the need to get a masters
Major: Computer or Mechanical engineering (applied as computer)