Entire field of MotoE bikes destroyed by fire

where the hell do you live?
there is LOADS new battery tech comming

https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/wv-quantumscape-investment#gs.23i16u
Been around for 9 years working on SSBs and are nowhere near one. If you look upthread there is a video mythbusting SSBs and I also quoted a post saying that it's one of those it might happen tomorrow or never techs. And BTW the article you posted is from nearly a year ago and a quick Google search doesn't turn up anything significantly more recent, wonder why...
Silicon anodes aren't new on any level and come with their own issues.
Sulfur isn't new either and while it allows for a larger capacity batter it reduces useful lifespan.
https://www.prietobattery.com/
http://sakti3.com/
all different companies developing new solid state batterie technologies, you realy think none of them will get anywhere and we already reached the top?
See above about SSB.

Battery is nothing but an energy storage mechanism, it is always going to be limited by:
a) The amount of electrical energy available for charging
b) Chemical properties of the materials
We know what B is and what the limits there are, and no amount of research is going to surpass that.

Yet again battery tech improvements are largely irrelevant for ICE replacement, the issue is power generation. Fossil fuels are basically "free" energy in that we get a lot more out of it than we put in since geology, biology and the Sun have taken care of all of that long ago. Batteries will give us back significantly less than we put in and that requires a massive overproduction of energy.

:wall::wall::wall:

Yes, batteries will never, ever improve in any way./sarcasm

Stop smoking the blue meth.

@prizrak I think the point that people are trying to make is that battery technology cannot advance without research. There are physical limitations with the current line of chemical batteries, but that doesn't mean a new material or new technology won't change the landscape in the future. If we accept that battery technology is at it's peak today, then we will be right due to defunding future development.

For a huge number of people in the world, a shift to electric vehicles would be a godsend - it would mean developing improved infrastructure, cleaner air, and a decentralized grid that would be more adaptable than current models. Right now, developing nations are starting to surpass the US and other Western nations in infrastructure development, especially with data connectivity. The West has developed the concepts for the last 50 years, but now these nations have a blank slate to implement the best of what we have developed so far while the internet at my mom's house is still coming in over 70 year old copper phone lines.

I support continued research and development in battery technology so that we can get something better. I would bet that most the developments are not being published either as trade secrets or strategic secrets; none of us, not even you, can know what is coming down the pipeline. I say, stand out of the way and let the researchers and material scientists do their jobs.

:wall::wall::wall:

Yes, batteries will never, ever improve in any way./sarcasm

Stop smoking the blue meth.
Yet again you missed the point entirely, there is a basic physical limitation to how much energy a battery can store. We haven't reached it yet, but we are much closer than you seem to think. A Lithium atom only has so many electrons it can give.

Look at it this way, we know that speed of light is maximum possible speed. No matter how many advancements we make in motive power we will not be able to exceed the speed of light. Now imagine that in two decades we go from our current fastest speed to 90% the speed of light. Now imagine that people keep saying that "nah we aren't anywhere near the maximum speed".

think the point that people are trying to make is that battery technology cannot advance without research. There are physical limitations with the current line of chemical batteries, but that doesn't mean a new material or new technology won't change the landscape in the future. If we accept that battery technology is at it's peak today, then we will be right due to defunding future development.
That is fair and I am not suggesting we defund research, though I don't agree with you on materials since we have filled out the periodic table rather well at this point.

You already admitted you were wrong about capacities not increasing, why continue trying to split hairs?

You already admitted you were wrong about capacities not increasing, why continue trying to split hairs?
How was I wrong? I specifically said capacity haven't increased since Li-po came out, Li-po came out 15 years ago and the jump you saw in batteries was when it started to be widely implemented.

Besides the whole point is viability of EV replacing ICE as the main mode of transportation and, well... it isn't.

Last edited:
You keep your head stuck in the sand. I am done.

Lithium only has so many bonds, true, but there is always the possibility of new compounds, or even physical structures that can store energy in ways we can't even imagine right now. Even with current technology, building infrastructure to electrify urban transportation would revolutionize how we manage energy and transportation.

Lithium only has so many bonds, true, but there is always the possibility of new compounds, or even physical structures that can store energy in ways we can't even imagine right now. Even with current technology, building infrastructure to electrify urban transportation would revolutionize how we manage energy and transportation.
Suppose time will tell.

Translation: I ran out of arguments but can't admit that (not that it's different)

Your transllation sucks.

This is not the first time we have gone in circles on batteries, BEG/hybrids, and how capable they are. I am tired of hearing your arguements, especially after you admit you were wrong but still try to save face, or just argue for no reason.

For the last time, battery capacities have increased. There are others things to do with efficiency of hat have also helped, but that does not change the fact that they have more capacity from less materials.

Have fun with whatever you are trying to do.

Your transllation sucks.

This is not the first time we have gone in circles on batteries, BEG/hybrids, and how capable they are. I am tired of hearing your arguements, especially after you admit you were wrong but still try to save face, or just argue for no reason.

For the last time, battery capacities have increased. There are others things to do with efficiency of hat have also helped, but that does not change the fact that they have more capacity from less materials.

Have fun with whatever you are trying to do.
We go in circles because your understanding of underlying technology and science is no existent, which doesn’t seem to stop you from trying to argue your point. You are like those videos from the 50s and 60s talking about the world of tomorrow expecting atomic powered flying cars in the next 20 years.
For the last time rate of change UP TILL NOW doesn’t mean anything in terms of future progress.

flat earthers say the same thing when scientist just don't want to continue the retarded discussion...

is it?
Scientists provide supporting evidence GRtak doesn’t.
Yep I read that article last night and it’s not actually confirmed.

We go in circles because your understanding of underlying technology and science is no existent, which doesn’t seem to stop you from trying to argue your point. You are like those videos from the 50s and 60s talking about the world of tomorrow expecting atomic powered flying cars in the next 20 years.
For the last time rate of change UP TILL NOW doesn’t mean anything in terms of future progress.

Just because I won't capitulate to your view, I am ignorant...

It doesn't change the fact that battery capacities have increased over the last 20 years. That is the whole point I was arguing, you are the one trying to make it more than that. You continue with your mantra that batteries are done going forward, and I will watch them inch along for that last little bit, or the next big leap.

Just because I won't capitulate to your view, I am ignorant...

It doesn't change the fact that battery capacities have increased over the last 20 years. That is the whole point I was arguing, you are the one trying to make it more than that. You continue with your mantra that batteries are done going forward, and I will watch them inch along for that last little bit, or the next big leap.
Fair enough.

where the hell do you live?
there is LOADS new battery tech comming

https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/wv-quantumscape-investment#gs.23i16u
https://www.greentechmedia.com/arti...or-silicon-anode-battery-technology#gs.23i3ie
https://www.greentechmedia.com/arti...ts-50m-for-lithium-sulfur-batteries#gs.23i992
https://www.prietobattery.com/
http://sakti3.com/

all different companies developing new solid state batterie technologies, you realy think none of them will get anywhere and we already reached the top?

I'd recommend watching the video I posted above, assuming these battery technologies come to fruition there is still the safety aspect. Battery fires can't be put out like gasoline fires (all the combustible material is in the battery). The more powerful the battery the bigger the fire/explosion if there is a short circuit.