EOI: Adelaide (South Australia) Meet / Come And Try Hillclimb

tone76

Car(s)
05 Honda Jazz, 95 SAAB 900S, 97 Mazda 121
Hi fellow Adelaidian FGers.

I'm seriously considering going to a Come And Try Hillclimb day in April (date TBA, will confirm with SCCSA), but I haven't been able to rope in anyone I know IRL to try and get their daily driver or spare beater up a hill as quickly as possible. Then it occurred to me ... it's been a while since an FG meet has happened in our fair city. And if anyone I know of would be willing to dip their toes in the water for some amateur motorsport, it'd be guys from FG. :cool:

The hillclimb track is just outside Angaston, and it's all tarmac. The above link has more info and a cool vid showing the sorts of cars that do hillclimb - ranging from Evos and WRXs right through to shitty old 1980s Mazda 323s.

Other useful info:
- it costs $55 which covers a 1 day CAMS licence, 1 day membership of SCCSA, admin and insurance costs;
- cars will have to pass scruitineering before being allowed onto the track
- you'll need to wear an approved helmet such as a motorbike helmet, long non-synthetic clothing (i.e. cotton, wool or other natural fibres) and closed shoes/boots

I was thinking we should perhaps incorporate an early morning cruise, starting from somewhere like Maccas at TTP, going up through Chain of Ponds, then Mount Pleasant all the way up to Collingrove.

So ... would anyone else be up for this? :D :D :D