EOS M: M for Mirrorless

evoWALO

EOS M: M for Mirrorless

canon_mirrorless_f1.jpg

With a 22mm lens. Thank goodness I didn't buy into other MILC systems. :D

http://www.slrlounge.com/hot-off-the-press-canon-mirrorless-eos-m-revealed

Canon-EOS-M-01.jpg

HOT OFF THE PRESS! Canon Mirrorless EOS M Revealed!

Contrary to previous information, it looks like that the EOS M may have an APS-C sensor instead of the smaller 1.85x crop sensor from the Canon G1 X. Mounted on the camera is the EF-M 22mm f/2 STM pancake lens (36mm full frame equivalent). The new mount type is said to be designated as EF-M. One thing that worries me though, is that there is no built-in EVF. I have the Panasonic GH2 and am planning to get the Olympus OM-D very soon. One thing I love about them and also the Sony NEX-7 is that all of them have stellar built-in EVFs. As someone who uses wireless triggers to fire strobes, this is a must and I can?t go back to having to choose either an EVF or a wireless trigger.

We?ll continue to bring more information as they come around. Don?t forget about Canon?s big July 23rd Event, possibly for this EOS M.

Readers, are you looking forward to buying the Canon EOS M?

I'm fully invested in m43 right now, but I have no doubt this system will turn my head with every body and lens release. Your move, Nikon.

I'm keeping a close eye on this, I've always liked Canon's ergonomics and UI and they've been my main reason to sticking with them. At the right price this might just be what pushes me over the edge into getting a lighter weight system than my DSLR.

How do ppl feel about really small, streaming compact sized bodies being paired up w lenses out of proportion with the body itself? I think Canon is taking a smart approach with the smaller, P&S style bodies, but an unfortunately consequence is really awkward proportions when paired up with zoom lenses...even worse the longer they get. I don't much like the look of the longer zooms on the Sony NEX bodies but at least its designed with the prominent handgrip for righties to help offset the weight of their longer E mount zooms.

this one does appear to have as much hand grippy surface, especially for larger handed people.

http://img577.imageshack.**/img577/6893/canoneosmhandsona2vert.jpg

It's like a dwarf with a massive penis.

It really doesn't work, at least not without a tripod.
Fullscreen_capture_7202012_101557_PM.bmp.jpg
Here's me with my E-M5 on somebody else's 300mm f/2.8. Slow AF and heavy as fuck.

Considering my existing lenses are Canon, I was thinking of getting this camera as well to have a more portable setup, while still retaining access to my current glass should the need arise. I know I would need to buy a separate adapter but at least it's possible. I'm definitely waiting on real world feedback to see what other people who have had "hand's on time" think.