Epic Texas FinalGear Meetup!

equiraptor

Car(s)
Many cars, mostly very vroomy
Ok Texas Folks, time for us to pick a place, a time, an event to gather, meet, show off our rides, and maybe even throw down the gauntlet with some karting!

Lets get some ideas about a general timeframe and location for meetup going, let us know when you're busier, when your less busy, which areas of Texas are best for you to reach and worst. Ideas for greater epic-ness and greater Texas-theme-ness are absolutely fantastic!

texas-flag.jpg

Well, I'll be in Austin at easter time, but even if the meet was then, not sure I'd be able to make it this year. Good luck though.

As much as I would like to attend, at the moment my schedule is not looking really clear. I'm managing the support of two and hopefully soon to be six dealerships, with the potential of having to make many trips to Houston at odd hours.

By the way, we actually have a Texas group or forum on FG for this. :D

I have nothing planned as of yet. :(

Sooooooo...karting, anyone? Where are the karting places in TX?

Karting (...and queso afterwards?) sounds like fun.

Last edited:
There's uh...Zuma "Fun Center" in Houston near the Lambo/Spyker dealer. But it's a dump. Also, the carts suck and were not built for humans.

I'd be down for a meet, but I'll be in Germany all summer and I'll probably be busy. Just give me plenty of notice :D

Got one kid that turns 2 on April 23, and another that turns 0 in May sometime. My schedule will be pretty full this year. But put up enough notice, make it Austin and not Houston, and I might could swing it...

MSR-Houston has a kart track that's actually half-decent (ok, the kart track's fine, the karts are kinda-ok-ish). You can also bring your own kart, if you have one. However, MSR-H is south of Houston, making it even further away for those from further north, etc.

Unfortunately, Austin is a bit light on karting options, unless things have changed. However, H2R is near Austin, which is certainly a great place for gearheads. If we could find karts to get out there, I'm sure they'd let us play (we might have to actually rent the track, though - eeeek, costs).

What options besides karts do we have for group-fun, for a bunch of FinalGear fans, in the Austin area?

Also, IMO, people not-in-Texas are certainly welcome, as well. Which people from outside of Texas want to come, and would be more able to come if the meet were in DFW, Houston, wherever else? (no, not El Paso, sorry people-out-west, not doin' that!)

We could go gator wrasslin' outside Longview!

(I got nothin'.)

Let me rob a bank first :p

Speedzone in Dallas has pretty good karts and a variety of tracks.

As for the scheduling thing, I'm good pretty much any weekend until may.

I'm in (north-easternish) Texas (and DFW if need be). Weekends are free. Hurrah.

I can do most weekends now till may in most any city of the urban triangle. My gut is Austin for its centrality but what to do there is the question? Though admittedly a large portion of people are from the metroplex so that may be a better option.

My schedule is sort of 'to be determined' as I might not have a single day off until spring break...:/

Well, two days has come and gone...and I still need my goat back!

I know a few of us will be at LeMons on the 26th and 27th, but that's after that, I'm completely free. (Come to LeMons...you know you want to...)

Equiraptor and I will be instructing at the Velocity Adventures HPDE at Harris Hill Road (Austin) on Saturday February 19th (there might still be room if you want to sign up). Since it's just a one-day event, though, the track is open all day on Sunday.

How about if we all storm the track on Sunday the 20th? We can head into San Marcos for food, or just order some pizzas or something. Catch rides with any members who show up, and if you want bring a car and drive a session or two on track that'd be fine too. Coco and Equi will probably be working on the bunnycar, so everyone can kick the tires of the Lemons car. GT3 RS and Autobianchi A112 rides, who could ask for more?

That following Monday is President's day, so some of us might even have a three day weekend to play with too.

Bring a helmet if you can, otherwise you have to borrow one of the sweaty community helmets for on-track shenanigans.

Last edited: