EPL 2009/2010

Yeah, wasn't that like 2 extra minutes over the allotted time?

Bellamy scored right at the end of normal play, after the 4 minutes was announced, and preceded to take 2 minutes celebrating his goal. Therefore it is only right that an extra 2 minutes was tacked onto the injury time.

^ agreed.

?The big four? were all winners at the weekend & have slowly drifted to the top, Arsenal being a bit tardy.
Looks to me like Villa, Man City and Spurs are going to be runners up, Everton & the Hammers are yet to get going really.

Portsmouth and Hull are looking like two of the three teams set for relegation, even at this stage, both look awful & doomed. (Sorry to any of their supporters tuning in,)
If so, this could be good news for the newly promoted teams of Burnley, Birmingham & Wolves.

A clearer picture will emerge, after game ten in a couple of week?s time.

2vkz2u8.jpg

This week's matches & my picks

This week's matches & my picks

Saturday, 26 September 2009

Birmingham v Bolton
Blackburn v Aston Villa
Fulham v Arsenal
Liverpool v Hull
Portsmouth v Everton
Stoke v Man Utd
Tottenham v Burnley
Wigan v Chelsea
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 27 September 2009

Sunderland v Wolverhampton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 28 September 2009

Man City v West Ham

:)

Arsenal wins every game they play, don't lie to me about Fulham.

Thanks Heathrow for posting the matches and covering up from my slacking off. :)

Saturday, 26 September 2009

Birmingham v Bolton
Blackburn v Aston Villa
Fulham v Arsenal
Liverpool v Hull
Portsmouth v Everton
Stoke v Man Utd
Tottenham v Burnley
Wigan v Chelsea

Sunday, 27 September 2009

Sunderland v Wolverhampton- draw

Monday, 28 September 2009

Man City v West Ham

Arsenal wins every game they play, don't lie to me about Fulham.

:lol:, this week most ? of the games look fairly predictable on paper.

Fulham normally go unnoticed & underrated and can give anyone a good game and win.
I am just having this one as a wild card ?this is one which Arsenal could loose? if there have not got their game together today. :)

Classy Wigan did my bidding for me. :lol:

Arsenal up 1-0 on Fulham right now.

I can't tell everyone how happy I am to see Tomas Rosick? back on the pitch.

Torres with a hat trick! (And his sub Babel had 2 as well!)
Robbie Keane- where the fuck was that stuff when you were with us, you wanker!? (he had 4 today)
And Wigan!!! Outclassed, outperformed Chelsea.

Portsmouth 0-1 Everton
Blackburn 2-1 Aston Villa
Tottenham 5-0 Burnley
Birmingham 1-2 Bolton
Wigan 3-1 Chelsea
Stoke 0-2 Manchester United
Liverpool 6-1 Hull
Fulham 0-1 Arsenal

Torres with a hat trick! (And his sub Babel had 2 as well!)
Robbie Keane- where the fuck was that stuff when you were with us, you wanker!? (he had 4 today)

Burnley FC. Giving shit, out-of-form strikers massive boosts in confidence since 1888.

I don't know what the fuck is going on here, but I know that I want to watch it:
[YOUTUBE]_z-hW6-gsJw[/YOUTUBE]

This weekend's matches

Saturday, 3 Oct.

Bolton v Tottenham
Burnley v Birmingham
Hull v Wigan
Wolverhampton v Portsmouth (Note: Portsmouth have announced that they're broke and some players haven't been paid this month!)
Manchester United v Sunderland

Sunday, 4 Oct.

Arsenal v Blackburn
Everton v Stoke
West Ham v Fulham
Chelsea v Liverpool

Monday, 5 Oct.

Aston Villa v Manchester City

Bets on when Portsmouth will get their first point, anyone?

I am starting to feel a bit sad for Pompey, but suspect they will eventually surprise us and draw or win against one of the top clubs.

.. And on player?s salaries & financial solvency, I believe that if they go into legal administration or go bust and continue to play, they also get a points penalty from the Football Association. :?

First point(s) on 17 October, er maybe. :D

Bets on when Portsmouth will get their first point, anyone?

I am starting to feel a bit sad for Pompey, but suspect they will eventually surprise us and draw or win against one of the top clubs.

.. And on player?s salaries & financial solvency, I believe that if they go into legal administration or go bust and continue to play, they also get a points penalty from the Football Association. :?

First point(s) on 17 October, er maybe. :D
10 points deduction for going into administration, further points added if you do not follow league procedure for coming out of it.

Maybe a club from the greed league going into administration will wake up people to what is happening to the lower leagues!

Saturday, 3 Oct

Bolton v Tottenham
Burnley v Birmingham
Hull v Wigan - draw
Wolverhampton v Portsmouth
Manchester United v Sunderland

Sunday, 4 Oct

Arsenal v Blackburn
Everton v Stoke
West Ham v Fulham
Chelsea v Liverpool - humdinger could be a draw or anything

Monday, 5 Oct

Aston Villa v Manchester City

10 points deduction for going into administration, further points added if you do not follow league procedure for coming out of it.

Yeah, thought so, a bit harsh but thems the rules.:(

Maybe a club from the greed league going into administration will wake up people to what is happening to the lower leagues!

It would certainly shake things up in the EPL not clear what that would do to the lower leagues though.:|

I think he meant that this is becoming more and more common in the lower leagues. Off the top of my head, Southampton, Leeds, Bournemouth, Stockport, Rotherham, Luton, Darlington, Chester and probably ten or twelve more have gone into administration. If a Premier League club can do it, it might show that no club is safe.

OTOH, the two most indebted clubs in the premier League are Man Utd (~?700m) and Chelsea (~$500m). Liverpool are $350m in debt. I believe in Spain a number of clubs are over $100m in debt, including Real and that was before they bought Kaka, Ronaldo et al (but after getting $250m from the dodgiest land deal in history). I know Roma are in financial straits in Italy.

So basically, the way to succeed is to go as close to stupidly broke as possible.