EPL 2009/2010

Good piece of journalism about Man Utds finances here.

In other news, Burnley appoint Brian Laws as their new manager. In related news, an apartment in South Dublin, a long distance Burnley fan puts the champagne back in the fridge and reaches for a bottle of beer wine whiskey.

Hey guys, just checking in to catch up on the latest Liverpool abuse. : )

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=725194&sec=england&cc=5901

Jamie Carragher has apologised to Liverpool fans following the club's dismal FA Cup elimination at the hands of Reading, but has refused to blame off-the-field issues for the poor performances witnessed under Rafael Benitez this season.

He won't blame off the field issues but I will. Yes, injuries have hurt us greatly. But that's because we have no depth. We have no depth because we have no money to buy good players. Yes, we just got Maxi Rodriguez and I'm pretty excited about that. But we need more.

In short: no depth + injuries + no money= No FA Cup, No EPL title, No Champions League for 2010-11

Rafa has spent ?228m to end up with no players and no money.

Sending out the email warning people that if they didn't buy tickets for the 4th Round game vs Burnley, they would be removed from the ticketing scheme and doing it two hours before the kickoff of last nights game, it is somewhat tempting to think that Karma is on the Liverpool FC email list.

Last edited:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2809034/Reds-in-Cup-ticket-clanger.html

LIVERPOOL chiefs began advertising tickets for the FA Cup fourth-round clash with Burnley hours BEFORE their humiliating KO by Reading.
Anfield officials were so confident they emailed season-ticket holders just after 5pm on Wednesday, urging them to place advance orders.

Kop fan Martin Jones, 51, stormed: "I didn't read it until after the game.

"When I got on the computer and opened it up I couldn't believe my eyes. It was bad enough to crash out of the cup but then for the club to try and sell me tickets for the next round was like a slap in the face.

"It's not only embarrassing for the club, it's disrespectful to Reading."

Michael Edwards, 48, said: "We're in terrible form so it's ridiculously cocky to fire off emails assuming we're going to breeze past Reading."

Jon Keen of START - Supporters Trust at Reading - said: "It's typical of the Big Four. The fact they viewed it as such a formality makes it doubly satisfying we knocked them out."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=725194&sec=england&cc=5901

He won't blame off the field issues but I will. Yes, injuries have hurt us greatly. But that's because we have no depth. We have no depth because we have no money to buy good players. Yes, we just got Maxi Rodriguez and I'm pretty excited about that. But we need more.

In short: no depth + injuries + no money= No FA Cup, No EPL title, No Champions League for 2010-11
http://transferleague.co.uk/ Yeah no money at all :rolleyes:

Benitez has had money to spend, just a pity he's mostly spent it on crap!

Maybe Liverpool should get John Barnes in? After all, "there's no such thing as a bad player" :lol:

Saturday, 16 January 2010

Barclays Premier League

Chelsea v Sunderland
Everton v Man City - draw
Man Utd v Burnley
Portsmouth OFF Birmingham
Stoke v Liverpool - draw
Tottenham v Hull
Wolverhampton v Wigan

Sunday, 17 January 2010

Barclays Premier League

Aston Villa v West Ham
Blackburn v Fulham - draw?
Bolton v Arsenal

The way the results in the league have gone this season, it seems like almost any team could beat the ?top teams?. Anyway, my guesses in bold. :?

I hadn?t realized that Liverpool game was an early kick off where I ?predicted? a draw after the game had finished. :oops: & :rolleyes:

Chelsea are currently mullering Sunderland, 4 up after about 30 minutes, according to the BBC?s Garth Crooks the Black Cats are still ?on the beach?. :lol:

Burnley fans chanting "We've got more cash than you" to Manchester United.
Fantastic.
3-0 to United anyway.
Chelsea win 7-2

Free scoring Tottenham get held to a goalless draw by Hull who were away from home and have leaky defence. (BBC: Hull = 15 away games without a win or clean sheet.)

Who?d have thunk it. :rolleyes:

I can't believe how defensive the Liverpool line-up was. Rafa seemed to be playing for the draw. Has to be one of the shittiest games of the season so far.

The Guardian minute by minute was on top form as usual.

43 min: Misplaced pass, hoof, misplaced pass, hoof, hoof, head, hoof, hoof, hoofity, hoof, misplaced pass, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoofity, hoofity hoof. Best league in the world!

HALF TIME: Stoke City NO, Liverpool NO. No, no, no, no, no, no, NO. This has been, for the most part, abject rubbish. Liverpool have, however, been the better side, and should have had a penalty when Lucas was bundled over by Higginbotham. But on the whole: no, no, no, no, no, no, NO.

63 min: Ngog is taken down on the left, just before he can make it into the box. Lucas clips in the set piece, sending it straight down Sorensen's throat. That could contend with Lawrence's first-half effort for the title of Worst Attempt At Anything By Anyone In The History Of All Sport.

Is there someway we can get this picture automatically posted after every Liverpool game?
I can't believe how defensive the Liverpool line-up was. Rafa seemed to be playing for the draw. Has to be one of the shittiest games of the season so far.

So Liverpool drew and had a poor match, however Man City lost and Villa & Spurs both drew. This still leaves Liverpool only 4 points from 4th place Champions league place.

Arsenal looked excellent today with Cesc back in the team, tough win away against Bolton. :cool:

For the Americans, Brandon Donovan looked very much at home on the Everton team, I think they like him. And Clint Dempsey looked impressive for Fulham, but went off injured, not serious, we hope. :)

Anyone hear about 'arry at Spurs and 'is little tax problem last week? :rolleyes:

And Clint Dempsey looked impressive for Fulham, but went off injured, not serious, we hope. :)

Season ender, I believe he will miss the World Cup.

Anyone hear about 'arry at Spurs and 'is little tax problem last week? :rolleyes:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer fella.

In other news...

Attachments

• solar.gif
    solar.gif
    103.4 KB · Views: 72
This Arsenal game has been a blast since the start.

Also, first place. :D

Bastard Rovers 2-0 up after half an hour.... and lose 6-4.

Judas Wanders 2-0 up after half an hour... and lose 4-2.

Truly, it is a sweet night to be a Burnley supporter.

Congrats Whappeh & the Gunners for hitting top spot.
Forget about games played & to be played, goal difference, just enjoy being No.1. :thumbsup:

Liverpool 2-0 Tottenham

Dirk Kuyt getting both

Further to my earlier post, Lolerpool now only one point from UCL spot.
Funny old season.
:)

.. and Clint Dempsey injury. :(

Last edited: