EPL 2009/2010

^Funny old season? Finally, something we can agree on.

No, I want Liverpool to finish in the top four, but am sorry about their current form.
They have class as do the other 3 top teams, which none of the chasers currently do.:)

FA Cup this weekend, so only one EPL match. :(

Saturday, 23 January 2010
Man Utd v Hull, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 26 January 2010
Bolton v Burnley, 20:00
Portsmouth v West Ham, 19:45
Tottenham v Fulham, 19:45
Wolverhampton v Liverpool, 19:45

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 27 January 2010
Aston Villa v Arsenal, 19:45
Blackburn v Wigan, 20:00
Chelsea v Birmingham, 19:45
Everton v Sunderland, 20:00

OT
Oooooh, Sol Campbell is playing for Arsenal and has had a good first half vs. Stoke in the Cup game.
Walcott is struggling with his touch & Cesc is a bit off as well. The right back is a bit wobbly too.
Currently, drawn at 1 each at half time.
:)

Arsenal lost 3-1. The FA cup is practically anybodies this year with Chelsea the only "big" team left in.

United hammered Arsenal 3-1 on Sunday and Chelsea drew tonight with Hull, so the title race is back down to 2 points. Arsenal are in no way out of it, especially if they beat Chelsea at the weekend.

^ Wow a 1- 1 draw, well that?s a welcome point Hull probably weren?t expecting. :cool:

United hammered Arsenal 3-1 on Sunday and Chelsea drew tonight with Hull, so the title race is back down to 2 points. Arsenal are in no way out of it, especially if they beat Chelsea at the weekend.

If Arsenal win the title, it will be a travesty. They've been smacked twice by United, both games weren't even close. Chelsea did them 3-0 at the Emirates.

0-0 H/T between Everton and Liverpool. How the fuck was there only one red card in the first half. :blink: There should have been at least four.

Having seen the highlights on MotD, I agree completely! Pienaar should have gone before he did, Gerrard was lucky, Carragher was lucky, Felliani should have gone in the same tackle that Krygiakos got his red. How often do you see a 50/50 challenge were both players deserved red.

In other news, Burnley got their first win since the end of October over Wrist Ham. Blackburn didn't bother turning up against Stoke.

Portsmouth scored three times at Old Trafford against Man Utd. Unfortunately, they were all in their own net, Rooney and Berbatov notching in a 5-0 win.

And Ewan Boil was incensed to see a last minute goal ruled out for Bolton in a boring game against Fulham. Aaah... shame.

Blackburn fan dies at Stoke game

It is unclear what happened (and Stoke fans are blameless, as the incident happened in the away area) but this is a tragedy.

^ Yeah, BBC has prretty much the same story.

BBC Sport said:
Man hurt at Stoke City football match dies

A man who was injured during a Premier League football match at Stoke City has died in hospital.

Police were alerted to an incident in a concourse of the Britannia Stadium's south stand which housed Blackburn fans just after 1600 GMT on Saturday.

The 30-year-old fan, who was thought to have been hit on the head with a bin, was found unconscious. He was taken to hospital where he later died.

A 25-year-old man from Preston has been arrested over the incident.

BBC Sport Website ? more here

This is sad news and unusual these days with the strict policing of matches. Probably a regular guy in the wrong place at the wrong time randomly meeting an idiot. :(
Bad business, my condolences & sympathies to the man?s family.

Arsenal...

ARSENAL....

Arsenal....

https://pic.armedcats.net/w/wh/whappeh/2010/02/07/picard.gif

Seeing as i've only just realised what EPL stands for and come in this thread.. Can i just say that we could have REALLY done with 3 points today and that i will track down Kevin Phillips and kill him and his family as they sleep :sleep:

Arsenal...

ARSENAL....

Arsenal....

https://pic.armedcats.net/w/wh/whappeh/2010/02/07/picard.gif

Arsenal did get Sol Campbell but I don't think(?) they bought any more big & skillful dudes in the transfer window. Sorry, but Chelsea got the tactics right today playing defense & counter-attack and out muscled the Gunners again. :)

Seeing as i've only just realised what EPL stands for and come in this thread.. Can i just say that we could have REALLY done with 3 points today and that i will track down Kevin Phillips and kill him and his family as they sleep :sleep:

Well, Birmingham are on one at the moment, plus unchanged starting XI for twelve games running.
A point at least may have been fair for Wolves, but you?d have needed ManU luck to get all three. Two well taken goals,though. :)

Last edited:
Wolves played fantastic against Spurs on Wednesday. A properly well deserved win.. (And very much needed) :sleep:

What's your opinion about the suspended punishment handled to the Wolves for playing with some reserves against Man U? I don't get it. :?