EPL 2012/13 Thread - The English Premier League

Clock, did Carroll leave Liverpool?

Yeah, season long loan to The Hammers. I really thought that meant Dempsey was headed our way. I also thought the ownership group (American owned Fenway Sports) would push for an big time American player to market Liverpool here in the States... surely the increased exposure could have made the price seem reasonable.

I'm more shocked that Arsenal did fuckall. In a season where they're supposed to be "changing everything up", we end the transfer window with a fucking profit?

It's the Arsenal way. Want more silver coins instead of bigger silver stuff

Yeah, season long loan to The Hammers. I really thought that meant Dempsey was headed our way.

Ah thanks, I thought I had heard "gone" rather than sold. Carroll may settle and start playing well now that all the expectation & big price tag is off his shoulders.

I also thought the ownership group (American owned Fenway Sports) would push for an big time American player to market Liverpool here in the States... surely the increased exposure could have made the price seem reasonable.

Good point that would be a smart marketing strategy, maybe the price couldn't be closed on the deal.

Oh course, it could be a personl thing for Clint staying in London. If his wife perfers to stay here or maybe the Depmsey kiddies are settled in school here or something.

:think:

I'm more shocked that Arsenal did fuckall. In a season where they're supposed to be "changing everything up", we end the transfer window with a fucking profit?

Giroud and Podolski look like they will be OK once they settle in, but no goals in two games isn't good.

Well you did get these two already and trading in the last throws of the transfer window, can push prices up stupidly. Perhaps the Arsenal Board have a policy not to trade last minute or something. A good thing for the finances but would drive the coach crazy not to have the flexability.

:smile:

Well, I seem to remember Arsenal making some very last minute deals last year (or was it winter?), with Benayoun, Arteta and Mertesacker. If Arsenal really wants to compete, they need to make some serious transfers once in a while. Someone like Falcao for instance, who annihilated Chelsea last night.. That would be a worthy RvP replacement.

Saturday 1st September 2012

West Ham 3-0 Fulham
Swansea 2-2 Sunderland
Tottenham 1-1 Norwich
West Brom 2-0 Everton

Wigan 2-2 Stoke
Man City 3-1 QPR

Andy Carroll had a great start for West Ham before going off injured, good contributions for the goals. Fulham looked out of sorts again as did Spurs, who only got a home draw with Norwich. Would have worse had it not been for Brad Friedel in excellent form, the Spurs faithful booed AVB at full time. (Another American GK Tim Howard also had a good day, apart from loosing.)

Two cracking draws at Swansea and Wigan, very good games to watch and probably fair results.

Man C steamrollered QPR fairly easily I thought, Tony Fernandes needs to work out that owning a Premier league team is almost as costly as his Formula 1 team & airline.

BBC Sport said:
City spent ?38m on the final day of the transfer window.

Wow, that's barely trying for Man C. :lol:

YEEEEEEEEEESS!!! i'm shaking now...will type more later:D

Robin van Persie 3 - 0 Saints

My heart lies up norf but I'm a secret Saints fan.

Now that my hands have stopped shaking I can finally say that it was a very good game. Going back and forth. Southampton played very well and caused us a lot of problems. United played pretty much the same way they have done in the last 2 years. Just enough to keep it going. Turned out to be a real nailbiter, but United seem to have found their unique qualtiy of coming back into games after being one goal down. Didn't manage that at all last season and now they have done it twice in a row. Got to improve their game a bit, but I think that will come as the season progress a bit:)

Oh btw, ROBIN VAN PERSIE!:bow:

Phew!

And I was too busy watching the world's only surviving Vulcan bomber to go to the pub to watch the match. Will catch it on MOTD2 later.

That is all.

RvP is proving that he is worth even more then Arsenal wanted for him!

He's world-class on the pitch, and his continued run of success makes me wonder why Arsenal didn't unload the coffers onto his plate. For Man-U's sake I hope he stays healthy, but I'd be very pained to watch him hoist anything silver.

RvP is proving that he is worth even more then Arsenal wanted for him!

He's world-class on the pitch, and his continued run of success makes me wonder why Arsenal didn't unload the coffers onto his plate. For Man-U's sake I hope he stays healthy, but I'd be very pained to watch him hoist anything silver.

And top respect to him for scoring a hat-trick and then in a post match interview naming Paul Scholes as his Man of the Match. :bow:

Sunday 2nd September 2012

Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal
Newcastle 1-1 Aston Villa
Southampton 2-3 Man Utd

And top respect to him for scoring a hat-trick and then in a post match interview naming Paul Scholes as his Man of the Match. :bow:

And Sir Alex also gave Scholes the nod for changing the game, great hatrick for RvP, plus a bonus LOL penalty. The Saints were unlucky to get nothing out of the game and stay bottom of the table. Great game to watch for the neutrals.
(* Alex Ferguson's 1000th league game in charge of ManU. * :thumbup:)

Much better from the Arsenal, three games with a "clean sheet" indicates the defensive problems are being addressed. Podolski got his first as well, plus an away win, so a good day for the Gunners.

Cracking equaliser from Ben Arfa for Newcastle, a contender for the "OMG did you see that?" Goal Award. Cisse & BA need to start scoring more again, otherwise there will be more tight games like this one for the Toon.

RvP's first goal was fantastic. Him and Falcao, the two best strikers around at the moment if you ask me.

>> No EPL games until Saturday 15th September <<

2014 World Cup Qualifers are playing from Friday 7th Spetember.

(Yeah, I forgot.)

I was a bit bummed myself when I went to check my fantasy team to be told that there are no games this weekend.