EPL 2012/13 Thread - The English Premier League

Well...that will shut them up:D

GLORY GLORY!

Ugly scene at the Etihad though right after the match.

Turns out it was just Balotelli and Tevez leaving the ground!

:D

United 'til I die, old thing.

Monday 10th December 2012

Fulham 2-1 Newcastle Latest score

Sunday 9th December 2012

West Ham 2-3 Liverpool
Everton 2-1 Tottenham
Man City 2-3 Man Utd

Saturday 8th December 2012

Arsenal 2-0 West Brom
Aston Villa 0-0 Stoke
Southampton 1-0 Reading
Sunderland 1-3 Chelsea

Swansea 3-4 Norwich
Wigan 2-2 QPR

Good to see Liverpool get a win, but they shouldn't be struggling against West Ham even though Fat Sam has got them playing well now.

Chris Houton has also got Norwich playing well, good form team at present as are Swansea, a great match for the neutrals.

Clean sheet and a win for the Gunners, hurrah! The first pen looked a bit soft, though.

Draw equals no good for either Wigan or QPR, they need wins or doom awaits, that is if it is not already too late for QPR and Reading for that matter.

Strong win for Man U, I think that is known as "bossing it." City won both fixtures last year and only just won the title. Not gonna happen this time.

The third place finish downwards is already opening up a gap in points and GD, the Manchester clubs aren't playing that well, it's all the others not playing well or being allowed to.

:smile:

Sunday 23rd December 2012

Chelsea 8-0 Aston Villa
Swansea 1-1 Man Utd

Saturday 22nd December 2012 Close

Liverpool 4-0 Fulham
Man City 1-0 Reading
Newcastle 1-0 QPR
Southampton 0-1 Sunderland

Tottenham 0-0 Stoke
West Brom 2-1 Norwich
West Ham 1-2 Everton
Wigan 0-1 Arsenal

Wednesday 26th December 2012

Stoke 3-1 Liverpool
Aston Villa 0-4 Tottenham

Everton 2-1 Wigan
Fulham 1-1 Southampton
Man Utd 4-3 Newcastle
Norwich 0-1 Chelsea Half time

QPR 1-2 West Brom
Reading 0-0 Swansea
Sunderland 1-0 Man City

Been a bit busy lately with :santa:

Last edited:
Shame I didn't get to see the united - newcastle match, looked like a fantastic game, but I'm very happy for the 3 points:)

Why was the Arsenal game postponed?

I didn't know why either, so checked - called off due to threatened industrial action on the Metro (Tube).
BBC Sport - Arsenal's West Ham game called off over Underground strike

The QPR game did go ahead in west London, but was delayed by 10 minutes by raod traffic, the away team WBA were late.

Arsenal were playing West Ham, another London team. Everyone travels by Tube usually. So the alternative was up to 60,000 cars all trying to park around the Highbury area at 14:30, I don't think so.

Well that works for me... though I hate seeing Tottenham back above us. :|

Arsenal did well today... with a game in hand. I can live with these results, especially if we have a very fantastic January signing window, and continue playing like we did today on the attack.

Arsenal did well today... with a game in hand. I can live with these results, especially if we have a very fantastic January signing window, and continue playing like we did today on the attack.

You'll be able to buy 3 or 4 players with a bit of potential with some of the money Fergie gives Arsene for Theo Walcott. :lmao:

You'll be able to buy 3 or 4 players with a bit of potential with some of the money Fergie gives Arsene for Theo Walcott. :lmao:

They wouldn't get any money. If Fergie wants him he'll just sign him to a pre-contract and get him in the summer for free.

Sunday 30th December 2012

QPR 0-3 Liverpool
Everton 1-2 Chelsea

Saturday 29th December 2012

Arsenal 7-3 Newcastle
Aston Villa 0-3 Wigan
Fulham 1-2 Swansea
Man Utd 2-0 West Brom

Norwich 3-4 Man City
Reading 1-0 West Ham
Stoke 3-3 Southampton
Sunderland 1-2 Tottenham

Suarez was in good order today for Liverpool, I don't think that Harry will save QPR this time, they look fooked.

And on the same family, his nephew Frank Lampard scored a couple today beating Everton at home, where they had been very good all year.

It must have been a special Christmas saturday "let's not play with a defence" at Arsenal, Norwich and Stoke (?). The first two I get, but Stoke had only let two this season. Must be too much brandy n the Christmas pud or something!

Newcastle score six goals in two matches and loose both games, FFS.

They wouldn't get any money. If Fergie wants him he'll just sign him to a pre-contract and get him in the summer for free.

Not sure why Walcott would want to go to Man U. He would be down the strikers list after RvP, Rooney, maybe Hernandez and only outrank Welbeck really. He is playing well and scoring goals at the moment, maybe Liverpool or some club where he will play every game.

Yes London/South Eastern boy - can not see him up t' North myself - could do a Pat Jennings perhaps? NB Pat Jenning was a superb goalkeeper in the 60's and 70's who Tottenham let go to Arsenal - their deadliest rivals. He played on for a number of years superbly until Bob Wilson took over in goal.

From Wiki - Pat Jennings:

Newry Town & Watford

After playing for Shamrock Rovers' under-18 side at the age of 11, Jennings concentrated on Gaelic football until he was sixteen years old, when he made his soccer comeback with his hometown side Newry Town.[SUP][1][/SUP] After impressing with the team he moved to English Third Division side Watford in May 1963. Jennings again impressed in his first season in England, playing every league game for his club, and making two international appearances that season. He was signed byTottenham Hotspur for ?27,000 in June 1964.[SUP][2]
[/SUP]

[edit]Tottenham Hotspur

Jennings spent thirteen years at White Hart Lane, where he played in 472 league games for Spurs, and 591 in all competitions. He won the FA Cup in 1967, the League Cup in 1971 and 1973, and the UEFA Cup in 1972.[SUP][3][/SUP] He also scored once, in the 1967 Charity Shield, from his own area, kicking the ball from his hands and sending a large punt down the field that bounced over Manchester United goalkeeper Alex Stepney and into the net.[SUP][4][/SUP] In 1973 the Football Writers' Association named him as its footballer of the year.[SUP][5][/SUP] Three years later he won PFA's version of the award ? he was the first goalkeeper to receive this accolade.[SUP][6]
[/SUP]

[edit]Arsenal

In August 1977, he was transferred to Tottenham's arch-rivals, Arsenal, with Tottenham thinking he was nearing the end of his career. However, Jennings saw off rivals for the goalkeeper's jersey to play for Arsenal for another eight years. Whilst at Highbury, he helped Arsenal to three successive FA Cup finals, in 1978, 1979, and 1980. However, Arsenal only managed to win the second of these finals, a 3?2 victory against Manchester United. In total, Jennings made 327 appearances for Arsenal, 237 of them in the League, between 1977 and his eventual retirement from first-team club football in 1985.[SUP][7][/SUP] On 26 February 1983, he became the first player in English football to make 1,000 senior appearances, reaching this milestone in a goalless league draw for Arsenal at West Bromwich Albion.[SUP][8]
[/SUP]

[edit]Post-retirement

After his retirement, Jennings returned to Tottenham Hotspur, playing in their reserve side to maintain his match sharpness for Northern Ireland's 1986 World Cup campaign. He was also briefly on Everton's books, having been signed as goalkeeping cover for the 1986 FA Cup Final againstLiverpool, Neville Southall having been injured playing for Wales.[SUP][9]

So, will Walcott go the other way - from Arsenal to Tottenham; where else could he go and get top notch EPL football and a start in every game?[/SUP]

Last edited:
Yeah I was joking about Walcott. That hat-trick at the weekend should get the contract talks going properly and Wenger certainly won't want to lose him.

I'm wondering if the situation at Inter might mean Fergie might finally gets to bag Wesley Sneijder, especially since Scholes is apparently going to hang up his boots for good at the end of this season.

Scholes retire? Believe it when I see it.

Arsenal would be mental to piss Walcott off so much he leaves, or does not offer him 'market rate' for the job. Joking aside, he may actually want to try his luck overseas. ...

Tuesday 1st January 2013

Southampton vs. Arsenal 17:30 KO
Man City 3-0 Stoke
Swansea 2-2 Aston Villa
Tottenham 3-1 Reading

West Ham 2-1 Norwich
Wigan 0-4 Man Utd
West Brom 1-2 Fulham

.. and tommorrow evening's games:

Wednesday 2nd January 2013

Chelsea v QPR
Liverpool v Sunderland
Newcastle V Everton

Wednesday 2nd January 2013

Newcastle 1-2 Everton

Chelsea 0-1 QPR :shock:

Liverpool 3-0 Sunderland

Dafuq? Chelsea not playing great and with a few replacement playing, still looked good enough to win. Sean W-P, a strriker who had not scored in 54 games gets a set up and scores in probably QPR's only real attack of the game. So QPR win!
To be fair, Harry has got the defence playing a bit better. They were awful on Sunday, much better tonight.

Liverpool looked very good and Suarez & Gerrard had good games again.