Should do better
Arsenal

UCL slots

Man U
Man C
Chelsea
Spurs
Everton

There's a six game EPL playing program tonight, with most of the top teams. This follows the piss-poor showing by many of them in the FA Cup at the weekend.

So, keep a lookout for your live feeds or in the pubs, with kickoffs from 19:45 UK (20:45 CET) or so.
Also, the MotD highlights program on BBC 1/HD at 22:30 (23:30 CET) for those of us in this corner of Europe who get it directly.

:smile:

Mid-week results:

Tuesday 29th January 2013

Aston Villa 1-2 Newcastle
QPR 0-0 Man City
Stoke 2-2 Wigan
Sunderland 0-0 Swansea

Wednesday 30th January 2013

Fulham 3-1 West Ham
Man Utd 2-1 Southampton
Reading 2-2 Chelsea
Arsenal 2-2 Liverpool
Everton 2-1 West Brom
Norwich 1-1 Tottenham

What a good mid-week it was. Top teams that lost points: City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham...actually, from the top half, everyone except Everton and United:D
Very good mid-week indeed:)

Yeah, a good week for all you United fans. Everton continue to impress on a very small budget, maybe Moyes could replace Fregusson one day. (I thought it would be Martin O'Neil for a long time, but his star has waned somewhat of late.)

Saturday 2nd February 2013

Arsenal 1-0 Stoke
Everton 3-3 Aston Villa
Fulham 0-1 Man Utd
Newcastle 3-2 Chelsea

QPR 0-0 Norwich
Reading 2-1 Sunderland
West Ham 1-0 Swansea
Wigan 2-2 Southampton

Sunday 3rd February 2013

Man City 2-2 Liverpool
West Brom 0-1 Tottenham

So, good news for QPR, Villa and Wigan who all got a point. The bad news is it was only one for a draw and Reading, in fourth last, got three points for a win. Life's tough at the bottom!

Newcastle seemed very much pumped after their new signings, mainly French, helped to win against Chelsea. Ba got a kick on the nose from Colocini, not even a foul said the Ref so no pen, Rafa not happy. Good match to watch for the neutral.

The Arsenal game was looking like a draw, but after a seeries of great saves from Begovic, Podolski got a late, slightly lucky deflected free kick to score. This moves them nearer to Everton, who only drew.

Man U moved two further points away from City, now there's a gap of nine, which looks difficult to bridge. Not a problem for keeping second place for City, the remaining UCL contenders are way back. (Ah-ha! Kompany wasn't playing through injury, City are less convincing when he doesn't play.)

City - Liverpool was a good game, I really hope Liverpool stick with Brendan Rodgers for the forseeable future. Some more clever signings and you might have to start taking them into consideration again :) And fantastic strike from Gerrard, and from Aguero (haven't been impressed with Reina for a while to be honest).

Another 3 points in the bag and we are now 12 points clear. Good times to be a United supporter:)

Oh and City:

United - Real is going to be quite a game. It can go both ways really. Very much looking forward to it in any case :D

Will be interesting to see if there is a big gap between the english teams and the spanish.

There is.

It's called France.

:p

Saturday 9th February 2013

Southampton 3-1 Man City
Chelsea 4-1 Wigan
Norwich 0-0 Fulham
Stoke 2-1 Reading

Sunderland 0-1 Arsenal
Swansea 4-1 QPR
Tottenham 2-1 Newcastle

Sunday 10th February 2013

Man Utd 2-0 Everton
Aston Villa 2-1 West Ham

Monday 11th February 2013

Liverpool 0-2 West Brom

Very good weekend for Villa at the bottom and a bad won for Man City at the top of the league.
All of the bottom five clubs lost, except Villa who won. All of the top clubs won, except City who didn't. A great performance by the Saints, maybe the new manager is making a difference, but Kompany wasn't playing and City always go a bit wobbly when he is not there.

Gareth Bale has gone into "unbelieveable" mode again, he was amazing against Newcastle and scored both goals. Surely, a move to Spain in the summer, expecially if Spurs don't get a UCL place.

Arsenal did well to grind out an ugly win in the last half hour, not their usual style but good to see some grit from them, rather than the keystone-kops defence they often show.

What the hell is wrong with Liverpool? Will they ever be a top 3 team again... :shock:

Consistancy is what's wrong. The report says that they had two late goals scored against them and WBA are at the same level in the league, so not much of a shock.

Yes, they could be a top-four club again with UCL every year, but this depends on what the American owners want to do with the club. Invest ?100s of millions and win or just dick about with a famous brand name, LFC.

I think what Man City have done has scared a lot of owners, in how much money they have invested and have got blown out of the UCL first round again.

Well, if they can keep performing the way they do right now against Swansea... :)

Very impressive performance and result. The new Brazilian guy Cutinho looks like a player and scored a goal on his first start debut, pretty good going. I thought the team goal finished by Jose Enrique was the best, looked like a City or Arsenal type goal. Stylish.

I thought the team goal finished by Jose Enrique was the best, looked like a City or Arsenal type goal. Stylish.

Yep, brilliant goal. And I'm really impressed by Sturridge who, at a first glance, doesn't look like the most technical type of player.

iTzcCCGXwhC9I.gif

Sturridge doesn't look like the most technical type of player? That's excactly what he looks like to me :p

The goal in that gif was excellent though. Brilliant passing.

I hope Swansea gets their trophy in the Capital One cup (that's the one, right?), I felt bad for Laudrup.. :p

Saturday 23rd February 2013

Arsenal 2-1 Aston Villa
Norwich 2-1 Everton
QPR 0-2 Man Utd
Reading 0-3 Wigan

West Brom 2-1 Sunderland
Fulham 1-0 Stoke

Sunday 24th February 2013

Man City 2-0 Chelsea
Newcastle 4-2 Southampton

Wigan did not play like a relegation team against Reading and got a very good, competant away win. They may be starting their annual "escape relegation" trick again.

Arsenal needed a win after the crap week they had, Wilshere was excellent again.

A bit of a surprise that Norwich beat Everton, given their recent form. Maybe they only play properly when Holt is back and on form.

Try a get to see Rafael's opening goal for Man U, which was described as his " career best he will ever score". Anyway, great goal despite the hype!

EDIT:

Monday 25th February 2013

West Ham 2-3 Tottenham

Last edited: