EPL 2013/14 - The English Premier League Thread

1537689_716448395061833_496165852_o.jpg

RvP is too old. Liverpool wouldn't sell Suarez.

I want Balotelli. But it would be really nice if Lukaku grew into the next Drogba.

Balotelli still has a lot to prove, he needs to show that he can consistently perform at the level that he has shown from time to time. I don't think he wants to leave Milan either.

It's a shame Ibrahimowich isn't a bit younger, would very much have liked to see him the Premier League :)

Mata may possibly regret leaving Chelsea the way things are going.

I think so too.

I feel bad for Juan Mata, would sure be nice if he had a 3 week "cooling of period" clause in his new contract.. Not sure that playing for a mid-table team will help his chances of getting selected for the world cup :(

Juan+Mata+Manchester+United+20132014.jpg

Wednesday 12th February 2014

Arsenal 0-0 Man Utd
Everton P-P Crystal Palace
Postponed due to bad weather

Man City P-P Sunderland
Postponed due to bad weather

Newcastle 0-4 Tottenham
Stoke 1-1 Swansea
Fulham 2-3 Liverpool

A much improved Fulham may feel a little upset at getting nothing, but two defensive errors by Liverpool gifted them the two goals. Liverpool deserved a win but had to wait for a last minute pen.

A dull game at the Emirates in which neither Arsenal nor Man U wanted to loose, meh. Giroud continues his dry-spell, while RvP and Rooney are still a little off thier best after injuries.

Newcastle were better than the scoreline looks, but Spurs did deserve the win with Adaebayor getting another two. Seems like a good move to bring him back by the temp Coach, until he gets all sulky & feels unloved again..

RvP is too old. Liverpool wouldn't sell
Suarez.

If Chelsea offered enough they might as they did for Torres and yes RvP is a bit injury prone and getting on a bit in years. Still a very good striker.

I want Balotelli. But it would be really nice if Lukaku grew into the next Drogba.

Balotelli still has a lot to prove, he needs to show that he can consistently perform at the level that he has shown from time to time. I don't think he wants to leave Milan either.

It's a shame Ibrahimowich isn't a bit younger, would very much have liked to see him the Premier League :)

No, no, no - no to Mario back in the EPL. He is waaaaay too high maintenance, like a constantly complaining woman!

Southampton are doing strangely well - go figure, and Palace have pulled their socks up just recently too.

Yeah, both your teams are doing OK at present. The Pulis effect still working at Palace, with the Saints playing a good style and winning. Unlike some teams who try to play with a good style but don't win.

:smile:

Last edited:
I'm glad Liverpool lost to Arsenal in the FA cup (I know, blasphemy). It's more games for them, and fewer games for Pool. The squad is thin, the fewer the games, the better.

Liverpool definitely have an advantage in the fact that they only have the League left to worry about. I'd love to see them take the title, they play exciting football on their good days, and god knows that Gerrard deserves it.

I'm glad Liverpool lost to Arsenal in the FA cup (I know, blasphemy). It's more games for them, and fewer games for Pool. The squad is thin, the fewer the games, the better.

True, there is something in what you say.

Liverpool definitely have an advantage in the fact that they only have the League left to worry about. I'd love to see them take the title, they play exciting football on their good days, and god knows that Gerrard deserves it.

Jose was going on about the fact that Liverpool have no UCL to worry about either, which therefore makes them a stronger team for the EPL finish.

More importantly may be the type of teams they have to play in the 12 games remaining in the EPL.

Winning. It feels good! Almost forgotten how that felt like!

Saturday 22nd February 2014

Chelsea 1-0 Everton
Arsenal 4-1 Sunderland
Cardiff 0-4 Hull
Man City 1-0 Stoke
West Brom 1-1 Fulham
West Ham 3-1 Southampton
Crystal Palace 0-2 Man Utd

Sunday 23rd February 2014
Liverpool 4-3 Swansea
Newcastle 1-0 Aston Villa

Winning. It feels good! Almost forgotten how that felt like!

Ah yes, but so did everyone else at the top. Some not so impressively, perhaps. So winning just to keep up, it's a hard job in the EPL.

Sherlockwood doing his best to keep his teem off 4th spot. I like that.

Saturday 1st March 2014

Everton 1-0 West Ham
Fulham 1-3 Chelsea
Hull 1-4 Newcastle
Stoke 1-0 Arsenal
Southampton 0-3 Liverpool

West Ham are a lot better organised and held out for most of the game, but a winner by Lukaku secured the points. Good job by Big Sam, the Hammers in mid-table safety.

Newcastle had a good away win against an in-form Hull, but I'm not going to mention the Pardue incident, which is all over the media & internet. :rolleyes:

Stoke are and remain a "bogey" team for Arsenal. This football superstition is also called "the Indian sign", " a hoodoo" and "the Boo", amongst others names. The Stoke fans love a visit from the Gunners, they give both the players & especially Wenger some stick and take the piss a lot.
Hence, no wins at Stoke for years.

Liverpool rank very high on my "Most entertaining team" list :)

Liverpool are now second and have out-scored Man C, due to two games in hand, but it's none the less impressive. Suarez ended his "goal drought" LOL and the Saints weren't as bad as 3 - zero home loss suggests.

Sunday 2nd March 2014

Aston Villa 4-1 Norwich
Swansea 1-1 Crystal Palace
Tottenham 1-0 Cardiff

.. more later

Arsenal just seem so intent on never wining silverware ever again... this year felt so, so good yet it's just slipping.

Arsenal just seem so intent on never wining silverware ever again... this year felt so, so good yet it's just slipping.

Keep the faith, as a Gunner - its your duty!

There are still a lot of games to go and anything can, and probably will, happen.
Arsenal's UCL place next season is safe though, which is worth ?millions by itself.

I know, the last weeks of the season are going to decide everything with the fixtures. Still, it's just frustrating as always. I don't see a miracle comeback vs. Bayern, and the teams in the hunt for the EPL title aren't dropping points as much as we are. You are right though: Champions League, ????? and finishing ahead of Tottenham!