EPL 2014/15 - The English Premier League Thread

Really enjoyed the Chelsea - Leicester game, Leicester fought bravely and could've converted a couple of chances with a bit more luck. Very entertaining second half.

Spurs made QPR look like total amateurs, hopefully they might be starting to gel a bit better now, even Lamela looked ok.

Suddenly noone wants to be the 4th official when Aston Villa is playing :p

10565289_579893332156203_7482812586922355843_n.jpg

Saturday 23rd August 2014

Aston Villa 0-0 Newcastle
Chelsea 2-0 Leicester
Crystal Palace 1-3 West Ham
Southampton 0-0 West Brom
Swansea 1-0 Burnley
Everton 2-2 Arsenal

Sunday 24th August 2014

Hull 1-1 Stoke
Tottenham 4-0 QPR
Sunderland 1-1 Man Utd

Monday 25th August 2014

Man City 3-1 Liverpool

Not a great start for Liverpool in the first of the title contenders matchups.
City look in pretty good order at present, despite their poor show aginst Arsenal in the Charity Shield.

Really enjoyed the Chelsea - Leicester game, Leicester fought bravely and could've converted a couple of chances with a bit more luck. Very entertaining second half.

It was a good game, with both GKs making some great save especially Courtois for Chelsea. The busier of the two was Kasper Schmeichal, which showed Chelsea's dominance really.

Spurs made QPR look like total amateurs, hopefully they might be starting to gel a bit better now, even Lamela looked ok.

Lamela had a great game and Spurs looked good. They have to win games like this AND beat the current top four to progress. Harry Rednap did not look happy to be back.

Suddenly noone wants to be the 4th official when Aston Villa is playing :p

Roy: Still scary after all these years! :unsure:

Having Aguero score 23 seconds into being introduced on to the pitch is just plain unacceptable. Tottenham running riot on QPR wasn't really a surprise for me, to be honest.

So far - Man City, Chelsea and Spurs, but it is way too early to call it yet. Of those three I think it will be Chelsea with Fabrigas outstanding.

Torres playing style never seemed to fit in as far as I was concerned. Shame about Lukaku, I always thought he was a much better fit than Torres, but there you go. ... If I know so much why am I not the Manager of Chelsea?

The great contradiction that is the British way ("van Haal") of pronouncing van Gaal continues... :lol:

Last edited:
^
Wow, that's an way win with a difference.
(Not as good as Stoke today though. :p)

Fernando Torres is gone, I guess it was the best thing for both parties. With three days until transfer deadline the question is who will replace him?

Falcao?

Loic Remy: QPR leave out striker as Chelsea trigger release clause - BBC Sport

.. and maybe Boney from Swansea. Those are the EPL possibilities. :unsure:

The great contradiction that is the British way ("van Haal") of pronouncing van Gaal continues... :lol:

I know, I think they are doing it now deliberately. :lol:

Fantastic game, fantastic team, and a bloody fantastic day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

Amazing game, right from the first whistle. Diego Costa was impressive but I also liked Naismith from Everton who just ran and ran all game.

I'm looking forward to Spurs v Liverpool tonight, hope it goes a bit better than last season :p

Last edited:
Spuds looked flat footed and lazy in all areas of the ground and lucky to not lose by more, although they should've lost by less had those chances by Adebayor and Chadli been put away (especially Chadli's). Liverpool's central defence was weak and should've been exploited better.

Balotelli looked pretty threatening and though he didn't score he was getting into the right areas and probably could've come away with one or two goals had things gone his way (probably lacked a bit of match readiness). I think his inclusion was a good move though, seemed to lift Liverpool a bit.

Oh well, it's getting pegged back, maybe it'll only be a 2-0 drubbing when they go to Anfield :p

Last edited: