EU sets 106mpg target by 2025

My fairly small city has two CNG stations, one quite close to me and one next to the start of the Autobahn. You can always fill up on petrol if you need to :dunno: there's no risk of getting stranded in no-CNG-land.

Outside of Germany and Italy there doesn't seem to be a considerable amount of CNG stations in any of the main European markets. Anyway, if you have to fill your eco up! with petrol then it just becomes a heavier 1.0 up! with 105g/km CO2 emissions.

Edit: narf, it'd be good for the debate if for once you could understand that the whole world is not reduced to your own country.

Last edited:
The option to run on petrol isn't there to run on petrol, but to not run out of CNG. A bit like a Volt with a bigger battery and smaller petrol tank - designed to go on the eco fuel, but capable of going on the dino juice if you have to.

As for other European countries, there's also at least The Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Poland, mostly Sweden, mostly Finland. France is on its way to close the gaps, no idea about Spain, Portugal or the UK. Certainly a large enough market where you can go on CNG almost all the time today, with more stations in the pipeline.+

Oh, and for the same money as a Yaris Hybrid you can get a Polo BlueMotion - a bit more CO2 but a lot cheaper to fuel and much more range due to being diesel.

Edit: narf, it'd be good for the debate if for once you could understand that the whole world is not reduced to your own country.

This is about the EU in twelve years, and a considerable fraction of the EU already can already make CNG driving work today.

Last edited:
Exactly. And now think proper 3-bangers flooding the entrylevel and you'll reach most of those numbers fairly easy with 12 years time.

They already beat that.

2012-speedtripler-paint-black-386x234.jpg

:p

Oops, I read the title as quarter mile speed.