Euduro races online?

Last edited:
I'm down, I got nothing better to do this weekend.
I probably won't do well without my precious ASM but I'll cope, and perfect my set up, I already have a couple cars in mind.

Last edited:
Oh yes, sorry.
I live in Finland wich is GMT+2.
The race would start 8PM my time.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/convert/index.htm
I don't know if this helps... :D
According to that 8PM for me is noon for you. 12:00

Helpful?

Actually I think it's 2PM my time. We're on standard now, so GMT -8, you're GMT +2 so 8pm for you is 10 PM GMT, which is 2 PM my time.

But it's 1 AM and I've always hated time zone conversion. EDIT: FUCK. I KNEW IT. Never do "math" at one in the morning. 10 AM for me. Should be able to make it if I get my routine done.

I've constructed a 1208 kg 399 horsepower Lotus Evora. Done some test laps, after 8-10 laps and some ride height and brake balance adjustments I'm in the low 1:51s. Should be able to do a 50 flat once I get my dampers and springs sorted. If I had tire pressure, aero and fuel load adjustments I could probably do a 1:48 hero lap. She pushes at high speed like a bitch. I'd take the rear wing off but that would destroy my overall grip.

Last edited:
Actually I think it's 2PM my time. We're on standard now, so GMT -8, you're GMT +2 so 8pm for you is 10 PM GMT, which is 2 PM my time.

But it's 1 AM and I've always hated time zone conversion.

I've constructed a 1208 kg 399 horsepower Lotus Evora. Done some test laps, after 8-10 laps and some ride height and brake balance adjustments I'm in the low 1:51s. Should be able to do a 50 flat once I get my dampers and springs sorted. If I had tire pressure, aero and fuel load adjustments I could probably do a 1:48 hero lap. She pushes at high speed like a bitch. I'd take the rear wing off but that would destroy my overall grip.

I also though about the Evora.
But I had a Z4 M lying around in my garage :)

Now that I think of it I think it would have been a good idea to use Standard cars only... to limit lag and varping cars. But whatever.
We shall see how this goes. We'll be wiser next time. I will limit the amount of players to a maximum of 12. Should be enough.

I know if you want a full room of 16people rumors are that a PS3 cannot handle a full grin of Premium cars. :/
But we'll see how this goes no reason to take unnecessary drastic measures! :)

1 pm my time eh? I can try to make it. Looks like the race should take about an hour and a half, probably a bit longer. That's doable, and maybe my wifi will even hold out....

Now to find a car and start practicing.

Wait, I'm confused about the weight limit, is that a maximum or minimum?

I might be up for it, what's your PSN name so I can easily get into your room?

My PSNID is DestrucT2000.
I added it to the topic made by MadCat360.

What about ABS? Or does that fall under driving aids?

The only way to remove ABS is to remove Traction Control.
But these two driving aids are not really that big of a deal and like I said, some people might want to get in on this and they might be playing with a Dualshock.
Anyway most people who play online have ABS set to 1. The default setting. If you want to yeah, you can use ABS.

Or do you guys want to use zero aids?

Last edited:
But these two driving aids are not really that big of a deal and like I said, some people might want to get in on this and they might be playing with a Dualshock.
Anyway most people who play online have ABS set to 1. The default setting. If you want to yeah, you can use ABS.

With 400 HP and racing tires, I don't think aids are necessary. I drive with them off even if I play with a pad. But I'll go with whatever is decided.

I think you're thinking of ASM (but even that has a shutoff switch), ABS is permanently allowed in online races (even when all other options are restricted). It's a good thing because it's the only system I use since there's no real way to gauge brake lockup without G-forces.

Last edited:
Yea but ABS is by default switched off if TC is off isn't it? Even in online races?
I have never removed ABS myself, it's always at it's default setting. Let's go with the rules i posted earlier and we'll see how it goes.

From this first enduro race we'll learn for the next one. ^^

Last edited:
Yea but ABS is by default switched off if TC is off isn't it? Even in online races?
I have never removed ABS myself, it's always at it's default setting.

As far as I know: ABS and TCS are independent of each other, but ASM (if allowed) is automatically shut off if ABS and TCS are turned off. It makes sense too since TCS uses throttle management or fuel cuts to keep the wheels from spinning, while ABS manages the braking system to keep the wheels from locking.

Last edited:
My mistake...

Well I don't know of a way to ban ABS.
Never seen an option for it.

You can get a lot of sweet cars that fit the requirements.

Yes, you can. I've already found my competitor: a Porsche GT3 RS... er... Ruf RGT. I originally had a 22B in as my preferred car, but the Ruf trounced it by 4 seconds during my shakedowns on Trial Mountain (pretty much identical specs except the 2.2L H4 in the Subi has a pretty pitiful top end). It's going to be interesting to see what everyone else can bring out.

BTW, this is a little off topic, but has anyone else tried real world alignment and spring specs on the cars in game and found the results to be exceptionally good? The RUF handles great now (it handled great before, but this is better), though the feel is a little weird, like the entire balance of the car has changed and the force feedback feels like a spring coiling up as I enter a corner...

Last edited:
What do people plan on running for tires? Does it make sense to run anything other than racing hard?

I have a few ideas and will be doing some practice laps...

Acura DN-X: meh
Lancer Evolution VI Rally Car: is that even allowed?

Last edited: