Euduro races online?

I think more people would participate if the cars and rules were set and not changed every race.
Not everyone can be bothered to setup a car for 1 race every week. But if you only have to set up a car once every 3 months or so, it's a different case.

Just don't expect me to show up in the same car twice :p

Just don't expect me to show up in the same car twice :p

Yea i get it though I must say a good rule would be that only tuned cars allowed. Or only racing cars.
Tuned cars meaning cars wich don't have racing bodykits. Full Racing Bodykits provide superior downforce compared to cars wich have tuning parts.
I.e wing, front splitter but no full bodykit. That would be cool. That's a tuned car.

Well I think i might try to host another race next weekend. Seems people liked it.
Also, I quite liked the exp and the amazing lack of loading screens...
Ye, it was amazing to be able to sit on my fat ass for 1h30min without having to wait through a loading screen. :D
I learned alot from our first Endurance race. :p And i am starting to loose hope for the majority GT5 online community.

Reading through GTPlanet... what a bunch of crybabbies.
Would be nice to enjoy the GT5 Online possibilities with FG Community, it's impossible to enjoy it with some of the people who post on GTPlanet.

Last edited:
Yea i get it though I must say a good rule would be that only tuned cars allowed. Or only racing cars.
Tuned cars meaning cars wich don't have racing bodykits. Full Racing Bodykits provide superior downforce compared to cars wich have tuning parts.
I.e wing, front splitter but no full bodykit. That would be cool. That's a tuned car.

Well I think i might try to host another race next weekend. Seems people liked it.
Also, I quite liked the exp and the amazing lack of loading screens...
Ye, it was amazing to be able to sit on my fat ass for 1h30min without having to wait through a loading screen. :D
I learned alot from our first Endurance race. :p And i am starting to loose hope for the majority GT5 online community.

Reading through GTPlanet... what a bunch of crybabbies.
Would be nice to enjoy the GT5 Online possibilities with FG Community, it's impossible to enjoy it with some of the people who post on GTPlanet.

I was actually tempted to bring a Lancer Rally Car to the last event, not sure if that would count as "racing?" I don't remember if it had an unusual amount of downforce. But it wasn't any faster than the DN-X.

Usually the max amount of Downforce is alot higher on full on race cars than what you can get on a car with a rear wing and a front splitter.
Well that's what I noticed anyway... :| or am I wrong?

Yeah race car tend to have much higher max. downforce than other cars.

But there are some weird non-race cars that get very high downforce. Example Nissan R390 gt1 road car have a max downforce of 35 / 60.

All the rally cars I have seen have a max downforce of 15 / 35, so just a bit more than a normal road car with a wing

Some tuner cars have quiet high levels of downforce but others have almost none.

If it becomes an issue I suppose we can just set an honor system downforce limit, e.g. you have to turn it down to 25 or lower, or the car is ineligible if it can't go down that far.

If it becomes an issue I suppose we can just set an honor system downforce limit, e.g. you have to turn it down to 25 or lower, or the car is ineligible if it can't go down that far.
That's impossible to control. Besides it would exclude too many cars.
We might aswell just agree on a car, BHP and weight limit and that's it. Everyone would have the same chances.
However I don't know about you guys but I like the Idea of having a BHP/weight limit and the freedom to choose your car more appealing.

I want a remach next weekend. :p Or soon anyway...
I promise I don't suck this bad... being lapped bothers me...

:lol:

Last edited:
We might aswell just agree on a car, BHP and weight limit and that's it. Everyone would have the same chances.
However I don't know about you guys but I like the Idea of having a BHP/weight limit and the freedom to choose your car more appealing.

:lol:

That's why I said honor system :p

I too prefer variety. So unless a car is absurdly too fast I'm not too worried about it. The damn wing did more harm than good last race...

Which cars would it exclude? Most of the race car either have too much power or doesn?t weight enough to apply with the others rules anyway.

As it is now though I don?t think there is a need to regulate downforce. We can do that when/if we see a gap between the high and low downforce cars.

Looking at the last race, having low tyre wear seems to be the best weapon, that and being consistently quick-ish.

Me too
A least I have proved that I have the skill to at least get to 3rd place. :p

Which cars would it exclude? Most of the race car either have too much power or doesn?t weight enough to apply with the others rules anyway.

As it is now though I don?t think there is a need to regulate downforce. We can do that when/if we see a gap between the high and low downforce cars.

Looking at the last race, having low tyre wear seems to be the best weapon, that and being consistently quick-ish.

Me too
A least I have proved that I have the skill to at least get to 3rd place. :p
I agree. I don't think we should regulate Downforce. There should be some freedom shouldn't there? So maybe we could agree not to use race/rally cars. I think it would be for the best.

Also I would hate to create a "virtual FIA". By this I mean we should select some base rules, carve the motherfuckers in stone and just race like that. I think it would be super annoying if the rules and requirements would change every race.

It really doesn't have to be any more technical than that. Let's do another race with these settings. If more people show up we got more opinions about what to change. The reasons why I chose the former rules without asking about them from anyone are simple.

I tried to keep both the weight ant BHP limits at realistic levels so more cars in the game would fit the categories.

Tyre wear is important... and I won't be using Racing Hard -compund anymore. Other thing I need to change... hmmm... must... not... kiss... the green stuff >_<

-EDIT-
Has anyone experienced warping cars while racing online?
I have.
I am not sure if the Premium models cause it or not nevertheless I am preparing a Standard car for the next race... just in case.

Might have been Lag but I am not on the slowest of connections. I should not lag if there are max. 12 people in the game.

Last edited:
I've seen both premiums and standard cars warp, but I think it's more due to connection issues than the computational limitations of the PS3.

I agree with everyone: downforce is not currently a major player in the outcome of the race (I won the last race without any wings, and the DN-Xs poor performance could actually have been a by-product of its aerodynamic additions). Plus I think the wings still add drag and would cause extra fuel use and might limit the speeds of cars that use them.

The rally cars are also, perhaps, a bit more of a double-edged sword than they look at first glance. I believe they are all 2L Turbos, which puts a limit on their top-end power and makes them drink fuel fast. I'm not sure if their better handling would put them far enough ahead to make up for fuel use. But they are the only full "race" cars which meet the requirements, however, they are at least the same chassis and body panels as their stock cousins (unlike most other race cars).

The regulations set for the first race are really good. The weight is high enough that only street cars can enter, but not so high it allows only 4WD. The power requirements allow for probably 100 cars to choose from with varying degrees of viability and I'm pretty sure there are at least 16 good choices for competitors (I know of at least the later generation WRC cars, DN-X, RGT, Esprit, M3 GTR Road Car, Z4M, Evora, 370Z, Civic Type R, S2000, STis, Evos, RX-7, Amimaya RX-7, 512BB, R32 through R34 GT-R, Mustangs, NSX Type R, Renault Avantime (for the brave few), and quite a few more). I would like the power regs raised one notch, but that's just me wanting to add a better exhaust to my Porsche (and maybe to allow the R8 into the grid) :p

Last edited:
I've seen both premiums and standard cars warp, but I think it's more due to connection issues than the computational limitations of the PS3.

I agree with everyone: downforce is not currently a major player in the outcome of the race (I won the last race without any wings, and the DN-Xs poor performance could actually have been a by-product of its aerodynamic additions). Plus I think the wings still add drag and would cause extra fuel use and might limit the speeds of cars that use them.

The rally cars are also, perhaps, a bit more of a double-edged sword than they look at first glance. I believe they are all 2L Turbos, which puts a limit on their top-end power and makes them drink fuel fast. I'm not sure if their better handling would put them far enough ahead to make up for fuel use. But they are the only full "race" cars which meet the requirements, however, they are at least the same chassis and body panels as their stock cousins (unlike most other race cars).

The regulations set for the first race are really good. The weight is high enough that only street cars can enter, but not so high it allows only 4WD. The power requirements allow for probably 100 cars to choose from with varying degrees of viability and I'm pretty sure there are at least 16 good choices for competitors (I know of at least the later generation WRC cars, DN-X, RGT, Esprit, M3 GTR Road Car, Z4M, Evora, 370Z, Civic Type R, S2000, STis, Evos, RX-7, Amimaya RX-7, 512BB, R32 through R34 GT-R, Mustangs, NSX Type R, Renault Avantime (for the brave few), and quite a few more). I would like the power regs raised one notch, but that's just me wanting to add a better exhaust to my Porsche (and maybe to allow the R8 into the grid) :p

Yeah the current power limit really does allow a lot of cars. I specced an Alfa 166 in case I feel like showing off some FWD power :p

But more realistically there are a ton of cars I want to try, not the least of which is my own :cool:

If we ditch all racecars I suggest we ditch the racing tires as well. That way we get a little more struggle and a lot more fun/frustration.

I agree, no race cars, no downforce, no racing tires.

If we ditch all racecars I suggest we ditch the racing tires as well. That way we get a little more struggle and a lot more fun/frustration.

I agree, no race cars, no downforce, no racing tires.

I have mixed feelings on this. Racing tires makes the long race a lot less stressful. But that's because it makes every car easy to drive....

I fear that without them, 4WD has a big advantage.

Whatever, once again I'll go along with whatever is devided. My personal preference is for sports tires even if that means I'll be pitting in every 3rd lap.

No downforce would really help older cars, as there is no splitter for them.
Not that I would but you can't even get a wing for the 300sl IIRC.

I'd like to suggest Trial Mountain or Autumn Ring for the next endurance race.

Last edited:
I might join a race eventually, but it will depend if I can have a 1h30m block of time where I don't have to watch my daughter or the dog...

I probably wont be able to use my M3 GTR, I think I did an oil change and maybe Stage 1 engine work, that would put it over the 404 hp limit. My C63AMG also won't be illegible, stock it is already over that limit :(

I might join a race eventually, but it will depend if I can have a 1h30m block of time where I don't have to watch my daughter or the dog...

I probably wont be able to use my M3 GTR, I think I did an oil change and maybe Stage 1 engine work, that would put it over the 404 hp limit. My C63AMG also won't be illegible, stock it is already over that limit :(

I just bought an M3 GTR, with an oil change it has room to grow. But not sure about engine work.

I have a couple of cars I'm considering right now, but if we switch to sports tires I might stick with the DN-X and a bit of tweaking.

Now we get to decide who gets to decide on the next race :p

Hmm... well 20 Laps on the Nurburgring 24hr layout (w/ weather and 1x time change starting at daytime) is always good... but I think we should wait on that until there'll will be more participants and until everyone is confident in their vehicles. It's no use doing the single best endurance race track (with the hardest to plan pit strategy) until everyone is set with their vehicles and has them tuned. It wouldn't be fun if half of us struggle because we didn't have the time to choose the right setup. I tuned my car for the Ring from the get-go (since it's the best track to bring out snap oversteer, which on a Porsche, is a true concern), but I'm sure not everyone has done Ring tests yet.

Also, most of the real-world tracks I'd like to save until at least one more race in (especially ones with weather like Monza and Suzuka). With that in mind how about 60 Laps on Trial Mountain or 65 Laps on Deep Forest. Trial Mountain, I think, is more interesting, and it was suggested by the host of the last match. I'm trying to keep all races I suggest at 150mi/250K, just like the first race, which I felt was just right in its length. What's everyone else think?

I actually like race tires being allowed. When we get to events with rain it would add another level of complexity to the pit strategy. If we limit it to Sports tires, that will make everyone choose Sports Soft in both rain and shine. I would however be up to being a bit more realistic and cutting out the Racing Softs. They are qualifying slicks and maybe shouldn't be allowed in the race proper. Plus some say they are better than rain tires in wet which would make the rain tires pointless. Having a Racing Medium limit would allow for a choice of two fairly similar tires for dry and two more for difficult weather. they are still pretty grippy, but not on the cartoonish levels of the Soft tires. (Though my car drives like it's on rails on anything softer than sports hards, so I'm good either way ;)).

BTW: I did test runs with the S2000 last night to see how well it would perform and found it to be probably the biggest underdog choice one could possibly make. It never gets that much torque, but it handles like a dream. If someone is brave enough to drive the S2K they'd need to drive perfectly and aggressively for the entire race to have a shot; it does handle well enough (It actually handles amazingly if you put on Mugen Sport Springrate settings and the UK stock alignment) to keep up with my RUF in the turns, but sheer power allows the German to muscle up a lead on any decent straight.

Anyone else finding it fun just taking cars, tuning them to the specs and pitting them up against others to find their favorite?

Last edited: