Euduro races online?

The shortcut penalty is a little "special". On most tracks you can get away with just about anything as long as the majority of your car's body is not touching the outside of the track (which the game defines as "anything that is dirt). On Trial Mountain (and to a lesser extent on Deep Forest) you can literally jump over corners at high speed, using the curbs as ramps, to cut them without penalty. The chicane on Deep Forest is concrete, so you can cut it out entirely without any penalty being placed.

You weren't on during the test and tune (I might run another before the event), but the 4WD cars were not doing too well. Granted: not too many were tested (I only had a tuned Legacy), but cars like the Zonda, M3, RUF, and Delorean were posting some really awesome times without too much trouble. However, last night I ran laps comparing different cars around and came to the conclusion that it's all down to the driver and his suspension setup (though, setting the center differential and LSD to make the 4WDs act like RWDs would probably be a good idea to get rid of the excess tire wear in the front). The restrictions on the event bring in a class of cars that is nicely homogenized even with all the unique characteristics of each car.

Last edited:
The shortcut penalty is a little "special". On most tracks you can get away with just about anything as long as the majority of your car's body is not touching the outside of the track (which the game defines as "anything that is dirt). On Trial Mountain (and to a lesser extent on Deep Forest) you can literally jump over corners at high speed, using the curbs as ramps, to cut them without penalty. The chicane on Deep Forest is concrete, so you can cut it out entirely without any penalty being placed.

You weren't on during the test and tune (I might run another before the event), but the 4WD cars were not doing too well. Granted: not too many were tested (I only had a tuned Legacy), but cars like the Zonda, M3, RUF, and Delorean were posting some really awesome times without too much trouble. However, last night I ran laps comparing different cars around and came to the conclusion that it's all down to the driver and his suspension setup (though, setting the center differential and LSD to make the 4WDs act like RWDs would probably be a good idea to get rid of the excess tire wear in the front). The restrictions on the event bring in a class of cars that is nicely homogenized even with all the unique characteristics of each car.

Well, I've got two FWD cars and two RWD cars I can use as backups, but they seem to be considerably slower at least around Grand Valley. The fastest car I've run besides the DN-X is the '67 Corvette Convertible but it's a wide margin. Still, that would be a pretty epic car to race....

It's also worth noting that my tuning skills are entirely limited to "set spring rate to 12 and see if its bouncy. Oh, and add a little camber."

Last edited:
Well, I've got two FWD cars and two RWD cars I can use as backups, but they seem to be considerably slower at least around Grand Valley. The fastest car I've run besides the DN-X is the '67 Corvette Convertible but it's a wide margin. Still, that would be a pretty epic car to race....

It's also worth noting that my tuning skills are entirely limited to "set spring rate to 12 and see if its bouncy. Oh, and add a little camber."

That's an interesting tuning method. I've got a couple books and a bookmark list of reference sources for tuning to go to when I'm setting up a car. I've even got a scan of the Apex book's tuning chapter to help out (it's surprisingly good for a tiny guide book for GT5 Collector Edition).

I wonder how many cars everyone else has prepped for this event: I've got around 10 cars in my garage ready for the race (though only 2 or 3 that I actually like to drive).

Last edited:
I'll have a better chance of making this one. Still not guaranteed but my morning schedule is less full this weekend.

I'll run the Lotus again since I didn't show for last race.

Curious, how many peeps have headsets? I got myself one.

I'll have a better chance of making this one. Still not guaranteed but my morning schedule is less full this weekend.

I'll run the Lotus again since I didn't show for last race.

Curious, how many peeps have headsets? I got myself one.

I have a USB mic that should work.

I wonder how many cars everyone else has prepped for this event: I've got around 10 cars in my garage ready for the race (though only 2 or 3 that I actually like to drive).
I have prepped 7 or so cars but only 2 of them are competitive. Well maybe 3 but I can?t be bothered to put in the work to make it fast enough.

Victor I think you should try a softer suspension setting. 12kg/mm sounds like a lot and deep forest is a bumpy track.

I have prepped 7 or so cars but only 2 of them are competitive. Well maybe 3 but I can?t be bothered to put in the work to make it fast enough.

Victor I think you should try a softer suspension setting. 12kg/mm sounds like a lot and deep forest is a bumpy track.

Grand Valley was very smooth - I generally run 9 or 10 for bumpier tracks, so I will likely adjust accordingly.

I will open the room tomorrow at 7PM, GMT+2. Please check your timezone and adjust accordingly. I will allow the room to mature a bit longer this time cuz, yes, maybe I rushed it last time.
There will be a 2h timetrial and the race will start at 9PM, GMT+2.

The event will be 65 laps of Deep Forest Raceway. Sorry if I have been inactive on this thread.
I have enjoyed the test & tune sessions, I learned somethings from them. I already posted the rules in a earlier post on Page 6 of this thread, however there are new exceptions:

-Tyre Limit, Racing Hard-compound
-Grip on wet/grass will be set to "Real"
-BHP and weight limits are the same, maximum 404BHP and minimum 1200kg
-Traction Control will be allowed (but I have yet to see anyone use it)

Everyone are/is welcome. Room limit will be 16 players.
If you have time in your schedule join the race. :)
I estimate the race will be over in just under 2h. Maybe about 1h40minutes.

I will open the room tomorrow at 7PM, GMT+2. Please check your timezone and adjust accordingly. I will allow the room to mature a bit longer this time cuz, yes, maybe I rushed it last time.

The event will be 65 laps of Deep Forest Raceway. Sorry if I have been inactive on this thread.
I have enjoyed the test & tune sessions, I learned somethings from them. I already posted the rules in a earlier post on Page 6 of this thread, however there are new exceptions:

Awesome - a bit shorter than last time, which is perfect. Sorry I haven't been able to make the test and tunes. I'll be doing most of my testing today and tomorrow.

I might or might not be able to make it, but if I do, I'll have a friend joining as well. I have a very competetive car now. 1:17.1 and under!

I need every assist every made. :(
I bought a used car on a whim, assuming it'd be epic and got a... 1:23 a lap. I'd be better off in my Panda. :(

My best lap in my best car is 1:20.... shooting for another 2nd place finish :p

At least I found something faster than the DN-X.

I might drop in with the Delorean tonight, for the comedy factor if nothing else. Hopefully I find time to do some setup tweaking before that, I've managed to cure some of the more erratic tendencies of the car but the front end desperately needs more bite...

Dunno what to do with the guys running Rally cars from the pre set up garage...

Damn I lost the connection to the server on lap 45 or so.:(

And I was fighting for 4th and trying to hunt down Cpt. J. who was in 3rd place.

Edit:
The Race is now finished with less than 8sec. between 1st and 2nd.
The results
BuntaFodder
Madcat360
Lancalittle
DestrucT2000
ZoomSquared
Duini
Joker19583
Thevictor390

Last edited:
Great race! I dunno what was up with my tires. Lotus must not be very nice to them. They were shit after lap 18 or so, and I absolutely had to pit between lap 20-22 of my stints. I tried pushing to lap 23 in the 2nd stint but it was like the tire blew out, only the game said it still had tread. Spun twice getting back to the pits. Like driving on oily wet tarmac with worn slicks.

I was convinced I was gonna win that one. Bunta's tires lasted much further than mine.

Is there any way to make lap traffic solid? Was kinda lame that you could just drive through them.