Euduro races online?

Great race! I dunno what was up with my tires. Lotus must not be very nice to them. They were shit after lap 18 or so, and I absolutely had to pit between lap 20-22 of my stints. I tried pushing to lap 23 in the 2nd stint but it was like the tire blew out, only the game said it still had tread. Spun twice getting back to the pits. Like driving on oily wet tarmac with worn slicks.

I was convinced I was gonna win that one. Bunta's tires lasted much further than mine.

Is there any way to make lap traffic solid? Was kinda lame that you could just drive through them.

I agree it was kinda sad that you could drive through lapped traffic.
I think it is the penalty setting wich turns them into ghosts. Not 100% sure though.

Not the most exciting race I've ever done... I ended up on sixth after the melee known as start of the race and the faster guys involved got past me, and after that was pretty much alone apart from when I was lapped by the leaders. I could barely do 16 laps on a stint and also pretty much blew one tyre out. Fortunately I ended up three laps down and therefore didn't need to try an 18 lap stint in the end, would probably have ended in tears...

Is there any way to make lap traffic solid? Was kinda lame that you could just drive through them.

I bet you wouldn't mind the feature if I told you I would have taken you out out at turn 1 at least once, possibly twice if I didn't have a ghost car :p

I agree it was kinda sad that you could drive through lapped traffic.
I think it is the penalty setting wich turns them into ghosts. Not 100% sure though.

I wish there was a way to turn those damned ghosting cars off. It ruined the race for anyone below first and second. I couldn't block, and all the tension of racing car-to-car was gone. Also I think part of an Endurance race is dealing with the cars in a slower class when you lap them.

Otherwise it was a pretty good race. Bunta and MadCat both had cars in a different league from the rest of us, but the fight for the middle of the pack was very close. I only came in third due to my pit strategy (22 laps a stint, only taking on 10L of fuel on my last pit stop). I figured driving a hair slower than I could would allow me to gain back the few seconds I'd lose when everyone else had to pit a 3rd time. And it worked. After lap 58 I was in third after passing DestrucT in the pits.

Last edited:
I had some major teething problems with the RWD car, and I still can't figure out the middle section of the track - I had a good rhythm going by lap 15 or so, but by then it was too late.

Even then, I burned through tires too quickly.... I think I need to stick with 4WD or find a way to make it more stable.

It didn't seem like the WRC cars were overpowered in the end though, which matches my findings experimenting with a Lancer Rally Car on my own.

It didn't seem like the WRC cars were overpowered in the end though, which matches my findings experimenting with a Lancer Rally Car on my own.

With Bunta's times and my best times, The rally cars are definitely among the best possible cars for the regulations: they have full downforce adjustments, massive amounts of torque (677 Nm for my STi, and a little less for the Evo), and get very good tire wear. Granted, I'm pretty sure, given enough time to tune out the "quirks" I can get the other cars in my stable to a similar level, but the Rally and SuperRally cars are just so easy to get to the sweet spot that it almost seems pointless.

However, in my tests the Porsche, STi Rally car, Tuned STi, and Tuned 370Z all posted times within a second of each other, so the WRC cars are not completely overpowering as such. Just they have very good tunes to use for the race. My skill level just seems to be 1 second slower than MadCat and Bunta on Deep Forest. That middle section is a pain.

So... Where's the next Enduro going to be? I think I'm ready to try out some random weather/time change.

Last edited:
How bout Monaco? :D

Can you race course-maker-made tracks online?

I completely blame myself for loosing the podium position and coming in fourth.
Your strategy was good and I saw it coming. Fact is i spun out 4~5 times and that's what killed my lead.
I need to learn how to drive fast and consistently while under pressure...

But I had no chance to keep up with the leaders. How the fuck were you guys so fast? :|

If people here want a night & rain well that limits us to 2 tracks.
La Sarthe and Nurburgring. Personally i am not a fan of the ring or rain. But it's ok I can give it a go. Driving in the wet is more slippery than ice... hate it. :sleep:

It would be nice to give a city track a go.
But it cannot be London because there's no pitlane there. I am not sure if there's a pitlane in Rome.
Monaco would also be cool. Out of the citytracks it is the one I am most familiar with. Why do they call it Cote 'd Azur anyway?
Another "licencing problem"?

I don't know of any way to race Course Maker tracks online.
I think you can only share them with friends they can drive it in Arcade but that's it I think.
I don't mind that though. 99% of all the tracks made in Course Maker are shit.

More people showed up this time. It was much more exciting IMO.
Any feedback on the rules? Race/Rally cars yay or nay?

Last edited:
How the fuck were you guys so fast? :|

I had to hire a whole slew of people to teach me. Other than that it's just practice. Just keep pushing and you keep improving.

I'm not sure how much variety you guys want in the rules from race to race, or how open you want the rules to be for each race. I was thinking if we do a street course some super-light low-horsepower FWD cars would be fun. I'm in favor of designating a specific drive type and "car type (race, tuner, rally, etc) for each race, but then again, variety in a field is good too.

Can you do circuit rally races? Though, the force feedback on my Fanatec would probably shit itself if I tried to do 1H+ on a rally course. For some reason the force feedback gets much stronger when you put dirt/snow tires on.

Last edited:
I had to hire a whole slew of people to teach me. Other than that it's just practice. Just keep pushing and you keep improving.

I'm not sure how much variety you guys want in the rules from race to race, or how open you want the rules to be for each race. I was thinking if we do a street course some super-light low-horsepower FWD cars would be fun. I'm in favor of designating a specific drive type and "car type (race, tuner, rally, etc) for each race, but then again, variety in a field is good too.

Can you do circuit rally races? Though, the force feedback on my Fanatec would probably shit itself if I tried to do 1H+ on a rally course. For some reason the force feedback gets much stronger when you put dirt/snow tires on.

Well you're a very competitive driver that's for sure. Money well spent. :p
The NSX I used had a very loose rear end. I tried to get it to behave by tuning it but I was a little unsuccessful. I recieved good tips in our online tuning sessions, it helped alot but for the most part it didn't behave exactly like I would have wanted it to. Who knows maybe it's impossible to make it completely neutral to both over- and understeer. Wich is why I decided to leave it a bit oversteery so I don't ram into walls if I enter a corner just a little too fast. I prefer the throttle more than the brakes when I'm in the middle of a corner. Hard to explain.

Over all I am pleased with my performance. I would have had a much better shot at the podium without my own mistakes. Atleast I know there's room for improvement.
:)

We can always discuss the rules but there is a high risk that people would just complicate it. Meaning endless discussion about what car/track/yaddayaddayadda to use. I see it happen all the time on the GTPlanet.com Forums.

So far nobody has said they hate/dislike the rules. With the current settings there has been 2 enduros and a couple of srint races hosted by P5138. We're running around 335bhp/ton with the current restrictions. I know it might seem like a small amount but in a race it still requires a good setup and knowledge of the track if you want to do well. And races so far have been nice, tight and competitive.

Here's a suggestion.
There are 17 Race Moddable cars in the game:
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/Siufu/34166074

We can agree to use one of those, set a max BHP limit and then race. RM cars can be repainted, the rims can be painted and changed and you can also change the car number. Sure everyone would run the same car but you can still stand out a little bit. It would also remove the argument if it's "fair" to use race/rally cars. We could also raise the amount of BHP/ton.

Last edited:
We can always discuss the rules but there is a high risk that people would just complicate it. Meaning endless discussion about what car/track/yaddayaddayadda to use. I see it happen all the time on the GTPlanet.com Forums.

Since you are in charge just decide that next race will be run on x set of rules. There's nothing wrong with discussing things as long as someone is in charge and makes the decisions, it's the collective decision making that should be bewared of. I doubt anyone here would refuse to take part as long as you don't require cars that are too hard to obtain.

One thing I would suggest is shortening the races to about 60 minutes or so. It would still be long enough to have pit stops (maybe even tactical element of saving tyres for a one stop strategy or going flat out with two stops) but not quite as extreme as 1? to 2 hours. Also, there would probably be less lapping involved and therefore the lapped traffic becoming ghost cars would not be as big of an issue.

Actually, during the last race I got the point to your requesting homogenized race rules. I now think the GT500 cars or other class-restricted race cars might be a good idea (GT300, DTM, WRC, NASCAR (Ew), F1... maybe not F1; the 20m Cr buy in is pretty steep). No SuperGT car is that much better than the others . There's a decent variety of them, Premium and Standard. And we could do a Suzuka Enduro with weather change and make it the same length as the real race (300K / 52 Laps). That will be a challenge for everyone. This will give everyone the exact same level of downforce, the same suspension tuning options and the same power-weight. It will all be down to how well one can set up their car and drive it to the limit and how well one copes with bad weather. Or we could eliminate the weather option and still have a challenging race.

We could give it a try for the next race, see how it works out and make adjustments if there's any problems... I'm pretty sure, just making the power and weight restrictions go to the levels of the cars after an oil-change and engine rebuild would work and still allow brave souls to compete in street cars if they want to try.

EDIT: After looking at the rules, GT300 class looks to be a better fit: ~335hp limit after engine oil change, and engine wear in, 1100Kg minimum. This would allow RM'd street cars to compete as well (EDIT2: if the weight minimum is dropped to 1040Kg or if PD finally add balast to the game to get the RM'd cars up to 1100Kg). GT300 rules allow for mixed drivetrains and allow for diverse engines. Too bad there are so few actual GT300 cars to choose from.

Last edited:
They are really easy to drive in that they don't have any obvious faults, but when everyone has a controllable car you'll still have to be on the limit to be competitive. I think in the last race the choice of car had a pretty decisive role on the final outcome (along with tire strategy, granted, but car choice still had a lot of say in that too). Limiting it to a single class removes that variable and makes it a more even race (at the cost of some variety in the cars in the grid). It would also bring tire strategy and driver skill more to the forefront. I'm not sure if limiting it to a single class is the best way to fully balance the grid, but it seems like a good idea to try.

I might host a couple SuperGT rooms over the course of the week to see how the races turn out on short sprints.

Last edited:
That should work.GT500 or GT300.
I have 2 GT300 class cars and one GT500 class car.
All Standard cars.

Also I tested the Ghost car problem. For next race we'll have to race with no penalty setting.
It's the penalty setting which turns lapped traffic into ghosts.

Last edited:
That should work.GT500 or GT300.
I have 2 GT300 class cars and one GT500 class car.
All Standard cars.

Also I tested the Ghost car problem. For next race we'll have to race with no penalty setting.
It's the penalty setting which turns lapped traffic into ghosts.

So that also means that everyone will be on the honor system for keeping on track. Though, looking at last race, I don't think I saw a single penalty levied throughout the entire event. It might work.

Which GT300 cars do you have? I was able to find the Lexus, Subaru, RE, and NSX.

Sorry chaps, I'm keen for these races, but timezones make this a bugger for me. Let me know the Room number/time for race and I might catch the next one.

So that also means that everyone will be on the honor system for keeping on track. Though, looking at last race, I don't think I saw a single penalty levied throughout the entire event. It might work.

Which GT300 cars do you have? I was able to find the Lexus, Subaru, RE, and NSX.

I have the Wedsport Toyota Celica and the Autobacks Toyota MR2.
I think a gentlemans agreement to not cut corners would work for sure.

Last edited:
And suddenly, I know exactly why I was burning through front tires.

I just got a G25 - my previous wheel was 180 degrees lock to lock. So naturally, I went lock to lock quite a bit. With the G25 I'm noticing that I don't nearly use the full steering capacity 90% of the time. I imagine this makes a big difference on front tire wear.

I have been wanting to get this thread going again so, yes, I'm interested.