Euro 2008

Congrats to Spain!

Don't Worry. We will loose pathetically like in every competition we've had so far. We are going to be eliminated at quarter finals and back home. :lol:

:lol:

This is what I thought at the beginning of the Euro and look where we ended up: Winning the EURO 2008!! :D

Germany did a pretty good game too but their game wasn't as good as ours so they couldn't catch up.

Anyways! Good game Germany! ;)

WE WON!!! :D

@Wappeh: If you are really going to come to Barcelona I hope you really enjoy your time here!!! ;)

I dunno, I really didn?t like the game. There have been teams in the Euro 2008 that left the field as loosers with much more dignity... like Portugal for example... I mean come on that one goal by spain was so lucky it wasn?t even funny...

but anyway, congrats to Spain, looking at all the games they really delivered the best performance of the championship, and they broke the curse... so they definitely deserve it...

Congratulations Spain! Best team won!

Being a little tiny bit spanish in my heart, I'm happy!

Being not Spanish in any way - Congratulations to Spain, the best team won well done. Overall they had the best players and organisation.

I live about 10 km from the Austrian border, 200 km from Vienna and this morning I saw four Spanish cars with Spanish flags, their drivers shouting "Viva Espa?a" in our street. Maybe they drank too much and got lost. ;)

I live about 10 km from the Austrian border, 200 km from Vienna and this morning I saw four Spanish cars with Spanish flags, their drivers shouting "Viva Espa?a" in our street. Maybe they drank too much and got lost. ;)

You can bet on it! :lol:

Saw the game and was very disappointed. Not only because Germany lost, but HOW they lost. No doubt that it was a bad game from their side. Spain didn't play well too, scoring one (lucky) goal wasn't their best performance of the tournament.
Germany did it as they always do. Have 1 or 2 great games, the rest is rubbish...but they achieve big things with that habit. Congrats to Spain though, Germany didn't deserve to win with such a performance.

One notice to Germany vs. Turkey: Can't believe how stupid some german fans were.. As you know I am German and I really feel ashamed for those fucking idiots. Running around in Chemnitz and Leipzig, burning Doner/Kebab Grills down.... even though we won!
It really pisses me off that we were arguing about the turkish integrity and how bad they are going to behave when they lose... and then we have to see how some Germans act the most stupid way.

^I thought Spain played quite well actually, and that goal wasn't "lucky"...

One notice to Germany vs. Turkey: Can't believe how stupid some german fans were.. As you know I am German and I really feel ashamed for those fucking idiots. Running around in Chemnitz and Leipzig, burning Doner/Kebab Grills down.... even though we won!
It really pisses me off that we were arguing about the turkish integrity and how bad they are going to behave when they lose... and then we have to see how some Germans act the most stupid way.

actually the aftermath of the germany turkey game was very positive, much more than anyone expected... but we all knew before the game even started that some of our east germans would act like idiots again...

I also think part of why I enjoyed watching Spain so much is that they never went into a defensive mode, they were always on the offensive. Which is fun to watch.

actually the aftermath of the germany turkey game was very positive, much more than anyone expected... but we all knew before the game even started that some of our east germans would act like idiots again...

just like they always do.... god this really is eastern and western germany still today.

what do you expect... they were 2 radically different countries for nearly half a century, and I expect it?ll take about twice that time for the differences to fade away... east germany is still just an area I drive through really quickly on my way to Berlin...

what do you expect... they were 2 radically different countries for nearly half a century, and I expect it?ll take about twice that time for the differences to fade away... east germany is still just an area I drive through really quickly on my way to Berlin...

Well, that's the same problem with turks, arabs and all those cultures. Its not just that they are different from our country, but also the menthality and the culture is completely different from our's.
Without being a nazi I can claim, that it is very hard to mix different cultures in the same country... hence the problems we're experiencing in Berlin Kreuzberg, Cologne etc etc... But then there are those who have integrated really perfectly and which really are a benefit to our society.

How's that in other countries? What's it like in Britain to live together with many other cultures?

well, the Eurocup is finished, so I suppose it?s alright to go slightly offtopic:

the basic problem is the same everywhere, and is caused (very basically) by a few intolerant (I?m not even gonna go into brainless racists) Germans and a few Turks (for example) that are unwilling to integrate themselves into the country they live in... The narrow-mindedness of these few people then spreads because more Germans are pissed off and react accordingly, and more turks are then pissed off by this and so on... it?s a vicious cycle...

The differences lie in how the problem is coped with... We shouldn?t be surprised that there are lots of turks that don?t even speak basic german when there are no courses offered in schools... I was a "foreigner" for the largest part of my childhood, living in several different countries, and usually attending american schools, where they have "English as a Second Language" programs, which will usually integrate any non-english speaker into a class within less than a year... I wouldn?t exactly say that the americans are better at coping with immigrants than we are, but they do have some basic instruments in place which facilitate the cultural adaptation of these people...

And he was born in Brazil, in the city of Sao Paolo, just like Ayrton.

Oh, and Spain has Xabi Alonso as well. :D

Not to mention Fernando Torres!

Anyways, finally, regarding the game... how epic was that :D, finally the man gets some silverware haha. I loved it :)

Congrats Spain, you deserved to win, as we failed again. I went to Vienna and it was an epic party ;)

Side note:

Austrians are bad losers, suddenly whole Austria was supporting the Spanish ^^

Austrians are bad losers, suddenly whole Austria was supporting the Spanish ^^
I think it has nothing to do with being bad loosers, if our female fans would look like the ones from Spain, they would have supported us ;)