Euro 2008

Well, sucks for Switzerland, their team captain just ruined his knee in the opening game :(

That is a burn, but it doesn't seem to be hurting them to bad in this game.

Last edited:
The poor swiss. I thought the game was going to end in a draw but I guess not. Congrats to the Czech.

Yeah! :)
First win goes to Czech Republic. So far, so good.

Go Turkey!

Is anyone actually going to any matches ?

There are matches really close to me.. (the Austrian border is 10 km from where I live, Vienna is 200 km or less). But the tickets are f***ing expensive.

YES Portugal is up 1!

What a goal at the end for Portugal, did a good job today. Overall the games were fun to watch today. I feel the Swiss should've won it today or at least end in a tie but, oh well thats football for ya.

^ We played better match than 2 years ago in Dortmund, but lost again. I had to drink whole bottle of wine. :cry: I believe that we are going to win next game versus Austria.
It's a shame that Pole scored two goals against his homeland.

Polly you won our bet. Congratulations, Germans scored today after our mistakes, but your team is strong, good luck in next game :)

Thanks mate! It really is odd that Podolski was the one today. But hey, I guess that's the thing about football, those little stories.

Anyway, I think Poland can still do it. Both Croatia and Austria won't be to much of a struggle for neither of us.

@avanti: And the italians, as usual a little bit jealous when we do that..? :p

Phew... We managed to hold off France to a 0-0. Gets our hopes up for the rest of the group... :D

That match wasn't really exciting, was it...? :D Anyway, good result for Romania.

Last edited:
:(

wow.... I just don't even know what to say about my azzurri...

I'm just going to put myself in a corner and cry...

Congrats to Holland though, you gave us a lot to think about...

Last edited:
did you see that!

damn! here in the city it's a menace! :D
lovely bit of football, never seen football that nice by the dutch!

Romania - France

The game was at very low level. French players were not ambitious enough to win the match. They were pathetic. The least interesting game at Euro 08 by far. That's why I wanted Romanians to win this. I think they gave to much attention to defence and weren't able to attack, also Mutu was dissapointment today.

Holland - Italy

What a game! I am really impressed by Oranje style, they just smashed their rivals. They have very talented players and play very well as a team, for me, main candidates to win the tournament. I'm amazed by Sneijder's performance. I have to mention though that they game could easily go other way, the first goal was offside, than before third goal Pirlo could have scored and there wouldn't have been counter attack. Italy still is able to advance.

Holland - Italy

What a game! I am really impressed by Oranje style, they just smashed their rivals. They have very talented players and play very well as a team, for me, main candidates to win the tournament. I'm amazed by Sneijder's performance. I have to mention though that they game could easily go other way, the first goal was offside, than before third goal Pirlo could have scored and there wouldn't have been counter attack. Italy still is able to advance.

That is true, it could've gone the other way. However, we were a complete disaster. No one appeared to be on the same page it wasn't until the 55th minute where we had Gross and Del Piero 'til we started playing as a team. Then once the final goal game we were done and just gave up. It was one of the hardest games I've ever had to watch. I was expecting at least a goal from Italy. But, I can tell you one thing Donadoni really needs to re-think his starting lineup as today was just awful. Hopefully we can still make it out as runner-ups. The Netherlands is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

the first goal was offside,

Actually the first goal wasn't offside.. The italian player that was pushed by the goalkeeper was still in play.