Euro 2008

Sweden certainly gave the greeks a good spanking! Heja Sverige!! :D

Spain-Greece: great performance by Spain, hat-trick by Villa. Spain looks like one of the favourites to win the whole thing but they never win anything...

Don't worry. We will perform quite good at the beginning as always but we will loose pathetically at the doors of the semifinals as it has always happened with the Eurocup.

Spain was superior to Russia, but that doesn't mean anything. Against a team with better scorers and a better defense the result could have very well been the opposite. I expect them to suffer against Sweden (most probable result: 0-0) and lose against Greece. With that, I doubt we will get to the quarter finals, but even if we did, we will probably be facing either Italy or France, and that will be the end of the Euro Cup. I don't know why I bother watching...

Well, at least today we have finished work one hour earlier so that we could watch the game together on a brand new 42 inch TV :p

Spain was superior to Russia, but that doesn't mean anything. Against a team with better scorers and a better defense the result could have very well been the opposite. I expect them to suffer against Sweden (most probable result: 0-0) and lose against Greece. With that, I doubt we will get to the quarter finals, but even if we did, we will probably be facing either Italy or France, and that will be the end of the Euro Cup. I don't know why I bother watching...

Well, at least today we have finished work one hour earlier so that we could watch the game together on a brand new 42 inch TV :p

We still have some hope I guess. At least, if we have to lose, let it be at any point except in "Quarter Finals". If this happens again I'll start to think we have some sort of curse on us :lol:

Brilliant football by Portugal today.

How did you like the rainy match? :)

I expected Switzerland to win it. That's why we love football, anything can happen. The hosts out of tournament.

Yay, Poland - Austria tomorrow!

How did you like the rainy match? :)

I expected Switzerland to win it. That's why we love football, anything can happen. The hosts out of tournament.

Yay, Poland - Austria tomorrow!

I was expecting the same. I guess being the host country can only get you so far. :mrgreen:

Now...... Germany - Croatia.

This might be interesting.

GO SCHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Still one half left, I hope they'll take it back.

Anyone know where I can find a Canadian live audio stream for games?

Edit: Damn it, Germany...

Last edited:
YEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!! Go Croatia!!!!!

:banana::mouse::clap::cool:

Unbelievable!!! :mrgreen: Reminds me of '98 :p

I'm sooooo happy! I think I'm the only Croat here btw :)

Sorry Germans, but we were better, obviously :D

And this we what we did all over the country afterwards:
http://img211.imageshack.**/img211/1951/dsc0943vv9.jpg
PARTY ON THE STREETS!!

^Congrats to a great victory!!

Sorry Germans, but we were better, obviously

That's hardly an achievement. Our team played like a bunch of average weekend players. A shame. They are lucky they didn't lose higher. In the first half, they didn't manage one good game move. Bah.

Oh and imho, the referee was a little bit pro-croatian, he was stopping the game for every tiny thing we did but let you go on when our guys god slammed...but not that this had any influence on the result of the game :)

Next one: Austria. And then Portugal in the quarter finals (this is where we lose)