Euro 2012

I like the drunk looking Irishman chanting "ol?" while his team is playing...the Spanish. :lol:

I can't believe Italy gave away that goal, not sure what chielini was thinking.

I know it's not the strongest opponent, but the Spanish are looking quite sharp. I think they'll only get better as the tournament progresses.

Spain - Ireland match was pretty good to watch. Also, Irish fans are awesome - much better than ours who support the team only when winning.

How I am watching the games at work, the lappy has to be positioned at line of sight to pick the customer lounge's wi-fi..

nnYIX.jpg

Last edited:
Spain looked very, very good and made the game look like a training match.

Hey! Fernando Torres got a goal!....

...for once. <_<

Yeah, two good goals maybe he can start to do that for Chelsea if he is there still. Am pleased for the guy.

Well done Spain, the first team to qualify and good bye Ireland first to be leaving.

Another draw for Italy, they have a habit of starting tournaments slowly and getting better. (And sometimes going out in the Group stages. :lol:)

It looked like Italy's game for the taking in the first half, but Croatia came back in the second and got a deserved draw.

:smile:

The second half of England - Sweden was great. Congrats to England!

:tumbleweed:

Ah, it must be the Group D games.

France did well to beat the noisy, partisan home crowd against the co-hosts, I guess Ukraine had their magic night last time.

The Sweden and England game was dull, apart from the scores going back and forth.
Both teams looked way below the quality and ability levels of the better teams in the tounarnent. Unfortunately for Sweden, they are now out, but it could have been England gone tonight and no-one would really miss them either on the two showings so far.

:rolleyes:

Some nice goals though. But have to admit I found my nephews random game on the phone more interesting for most of the match:/

I missed, with the exception of the first one, every goal in the Sweden England game. I was busy doing something else.

DAH!! :mad:

But! I can rewatch the game on ESPN 3. So yay!

I liked the rain in France-Ukraine. :shock:

Also curse you man doing impossible acrobatic goals that look good. But we like Roy. He managed the club of my home town once.

Some nice goals though. But have to admit I found my nephews random game on the phone more interesting for most of the match:/

Yeah, the goals and the scoreline changing was good.

I won't spoil Jay's re-viewing so:
Walcott's goal was good. Hoewever, the winning goal looked like a fluke by Wellbeck, maybe he meant it or deserved it maybe not. I felt bad for Sweden losing on that goal.

I gonna watch the highlights now and see if my view changes.

EDIT: OK, so the second half was better in the highlights, also, the TV panel's concensus was that Wellbeck meant the goal. Not sure myself still.

:smile:

Last edited:
Walcott was excellent changed the whole complexion of the game. That big bloke Sweden had up front Ibrahsandwich or something, was very powerful and a right handful. Good job he did not have too many excellent players up front with him, still watch England muck it up, and fail to qualify.

Just now got a chance to watch the England v. Sweden game and what a game it was. Tremendous effort by Theo Walcott. I wish Gerrard would have been able to put the ball in the back of the net there at the end. Brilliant game for Mellberg, but Zlatan is still a twat.

I'm loving Poland I wish I had tickets to a match.. Actually the closest place is Lviv but oh well the fan zones will do.

The game 3 matches start tonight.

Don't forget, like I already did, that the two matches are played at the SAME TIME, 19:45 UK time.

Because shenanigans. :rolleyes:

(Note: Here in Europe, the BBC are showing Poland vs. Czech Rep. live on BBC1 and Russia vs. Greece on BBC3 from 19:30 UK time.)

I'm loving Poland I wish I had tickets to a match.. Actually the closest place is Lviv but oh well the fan zones will do.

OK enjoy your trip and the tournament, we will look for you in the Fan Zone camera pans. :smile:

WTF? why show them at the same time?

WTF? why show them at the same time?

Do you mean why are UEFA starting them both at the same time?

Because shenanigans:

Football Folklore
Many years ago, there were two teams, who shall remain nameless, who were playing their last group game AFTER the other two other teams in the same group had already finished.

Turns out, that if either of the teams lost, they would go out of the competition.

However, a draw would see them BOTH go through to the next phase.

Via a tacit agreement Shenanigans ensued, with 90 minuets of non-football, much to the derision of the crowd and the ire of FIFA.

Rules changed, group games three in a tournament, are always to be played at the same time.

/ends folklore

:rolleyes:

Last edited: