Euro 2012

Predictions time!

Advancing into the semi-finals will be according to me: Portugal, Germany, France and Italy.

I have been wrong on almost every game of the tournament so far, but I recon Spain won?t get past France and Italy will have an easy game with England. Germany will beat Greece unless Zeuss himself interferes and I see Portugal beating the Czech Republic in a very close game.
It also pains me to admit this, but the team to most likeley win this IMO is Italy right now.

Last edited:
Predictions time!

Advancing into the semi-finals will be according to me: Portugal, Germany, France and Italy.

I have been wrong on almost every game of the tournament so far, but I recon Spain won?t get past France and Italy will have an easy game with England. Germany will beat Greece unless Zeuss himself interferes and I see Portugal beating the Czech Republic in a very close game.
It also pains me to admit this, but the team to most likeley win this IMO is Italy right now.

I agree with you and as I much as I would like to agree with you on your last statement, I think Germany will emerge as the winners after defeating France.

So it's over for us :(

Congrats to Portugal, who were simply better, especially in the second half.

Very good game to watch which seemed to go by quickly, I couldn't believe it when the comentator said "just two minutes to go."

Some really good perfermances, fair result and well done to Portugal.

:cool:

So it's over for us :(

Congrats to Portugal, who were simply better, especially in the second half.

Commiseratrions to the Czech Repubic, being in the top eight teams in Europe is still very good. (And Czech Rep. are better to watch than Greece or England.)

Well deserved win for Portugal, the Czechs just didn't have any answers for the Portuguese offense tonight.

Woooooooo! On to the semi finals. Now to wait to see if it's Spain or France. We have a bad mojo with either one of them.

Wasn't an easy game with all of the Czech republic defending and a giant guarding the goal...

I still maintain that if Portugal wants to win this, they have to somehow find a way to turn all of those opportunities into goals... Too many easy goals not being scored. Can be a killer vs Spain or France

As far as predictions, I would be very surprised if the final isn't Germany-Spain, to be honest. They are the teams to beat right now. I've seen some Italy matches and it's like they don't have many ideas. Same with France.

Last edited:
Good goal from the Captain.

If I were the Greece Coach, I would set up to play like this too. But it isn't good to watch, effective yes. Playing slow and time wasting by the GK in the first quarter, ah c'mon!

Germany, please do not let the score be 1 - 0 with ten minutes to go, or Greece will play their "magic trick" and the next thing you know it will be penalty shootout!

Angela Merkel looks happy, she's not wearing the team shirt though. :lol:

EDIT: Where's narf? Uwe's need posting as appropriate.

EDIT2 @22:01:

Oh, FFS! :tvhorror:

Samaras, who couldn't score even when playing in Scotland, I don't believe this!

Last edited:
Anyone else's TV feed of the game dying out? ESPN's feed has been terrible last few minutes, came back solid enough to see the last goal but keeps crapping out.

Sanity restored, well done Germany.
Very stylish & dominant.

:cool:

Really soft pen given by the Ref., totally undeserved. Makes the scoreline look unfair to Germany.

Italy next in the semis probably, should be interesting.

Last edited:
Bye bye Euro... At least we "kinda" tried. There aren't many teams that can stand against Germany and we certainly weren't one of them! Well deserved win!

That penalty against Boateng was ridiculous, he turned his back to the ball and held his arm to the body, what should he do, chop it off??

Well One of my fav is in semifinals GErmany, Just awaiting for England now

Expected result but Greece went down swinging.. a draw and penalties would have been sweet. If Greece kicked Germany out, it would be a field day for political cartoonists...

That penalty against Boateng was ridiculous, he turned his back to the ball and held his arm to the body, what should he do, chop it off??

C'mon the penalty was crystal clear. If he touched the ball with his hand it was, precisely, because he didn't hold his arm to the body. Anyway, after winning 4 - 2 is rather pathetic to be complaining about that, almost as pathetic as Merkel hooliganistic behaviour, btw.

Today I think France is going to beat Spain, as they always do.

Tomorrow, I hope Italy beats England. England always loses against ze Germans, while the Italians don't (the way they played in the semi--final of the 2006 World Cup was amazing).

Last edited:
Italy always strong team, they get stronger, usually, as the tournament goes on. England are the underdogs in this one, here's hoping though. ...

Is it me, or was Rooney rubbish and would not pass to Walcott in the last match?

pathetic as Merkel hooliganistic behaviour
LOL, Merkel's cheering is pathetic, but far from hooliganistic. :D

Good playing by the German team. Three absolutely gorgeous goals, and the fourth (the one by Klose) wasn't exactly ugly neither. I don't care about the penalty, some referees give it, some don't. At 4-1 2 minutes before the final whistle, it doesn't matter. :D
I'm especially glad that L?w did change up and gave some of the benchwarmers a well-deserved chance (that they used well, too) - Poldi and M?ller weren't that good in the prelims.

C'mon the penalty was crystal clear. If he touched the ball with his hand it was, precisely, because he didn't hold his arm to the body. Anyway, after winning 4 - 2 is rather pathetic to be complaining about that, almost as pathetic as Merkel hooliganistic behaviour, btw.

Tomorrow, I hope Italy beats England. England always loses against ze Germans, while the Italians don't (the way they played in the semi--final of the 2006 World Cup was amazing).

Sandy vagina?

Boateng turned away from the ball and got hit at the ellbow, that is quite far from a hand in my opinion.

And Merkel's "hooliganistic" celebration is just her having genuine fun, she really feels with the team and she does this since 2006 and it makes her quite sympathic.

image-367117-galleryV9-bngf.jpg

image-367195-galleryV9-mtbr.jpg

image-367126-galleryV9-exef.jpg

image-229897-galleryV9-krzm.jpg

image-367110-galleryV9-cdnx.jpg

image-367108-galleryV9-mwlg.jpg

image-367105-galleryV9-akwh.jpg

Personally, I like a leader how can act like a human way more than some bored fat guy sitting there watching stuff on his iPad.

Don't project your hate towards economically not down the shitter countries on football.

Did anyone feel weirded out by Ronaldo honking imaginary boobs?

4560082_460s.jpg

Weird goal celebration to say the least...