Euro 2012

C'mon the penalty was crystal clear. If he touched the ball with his hand it was, precisely, because he didn't hold his arm to the body. Anyway, after winning 4 - 2 is rather pathetic to be complaining about that, almost as pathetic as Merkel hooliganistic behaviour, btw.

He was facing away and the ball hit him from behind.

(It is known as "ball-to-hand" rather than "hand-to-ball".)

No intention, therefore not a penalty.

Really soft and incorrect decision by the Ref.

However, no change to the final result, except perhaps a demerit point by the referees' assessors. The sort of thing that could cost him being allowed to referee the Final, etc.

:smile:

I?m pleased with the result of the game as well as with the whole game. But after leading quite well deserved the team again took things too easy for some time and the greek team equalized. This has got to stop, against Italy in the semi-final that won?t be a correctably mistake. Sorry England, as much I?d like to see you guys in the semi-final against our team - I just don?t see you beating Italy. Tonight I?m quite sure we?ll see the French find their balls and kick out Spain. And it?s not just wishful thinking, I think France has gotten better and better and is ready for a "big one" now.

Granted they weren't earth shattering picks, but I am 3 for 4 so far in my game winner predictions. However, I've been a bit off on my score predictions :lol:. So hopefully England keeps me 4 for 4.

Spain look the real deal - that French team is good and England was a bit lucky to get a draw against them - Spain were so much better.

Spain were only good, rather than outstanding & excellent.

But this was enough to win against France, who didn't play as well as they could.

France have some really top players, who weren't playing as a team. Maybe they didn't believe they could win, hence the lack of cohesion, spirit or whatever.

Cograts to Alonso for his 100th cap and the two goals. Class player, should never have left Liverpool.

:smile:

Spain way of playing is really effective, since having so much posession doesn't allow their rivals to have practically any goal chances, but man is booooring.

That never used to work in English football in the days of Norman Hunter, Peter Storey, Chopper Harris etc. (Every team had a 'ball winner'). Prance about like that and you'd get "Chopped". Now breath on someone and you'd get a yellow card, do it twice and you are off.

Still there are two excellent teams in this tournament head and shoulders above everyone else atm - Germany and Spain, Spain are just a bit better IMHO.

Tons of action in the first 10 minutes...this is going to be quite the game, I think.

Fairly even chance wise first half. This could still go either way.

Well this game has gone plat for the English. Hopefully Walcott and Carroll can remedy that.

Unbelievable game so far. Italy has to score, they will not survive penalties.

Well the penalty shoot out doesn't usually go England's way.

Edit: Whoa...didn't realize that Italy are equally hopeless in shootouts.

Last edited: