Euro 2012

Soon it begins! Friday is the opening games, Poland and Greece is first in line. Not the most exhilerating match-up for the neutral, bot who cares, the Euros will have begun!

Personally, I'm looking forward to Saturday, Denmark - Netherlands, and Portugal - Germany :D

Germany or Holland will take it. Group 2 is the hardest and whoever gets qualified from there will go far in this tournament IMO.

France can go a long way as well. It's quite open, quite a few teams have the quality to do it.

4382548_460s.jpg

Signed: Portugal, the Netherlands and Denmark.

A couple of observations:

IMO Spain has definitely the best team out there and "should" win, can't really have anyone but themselves to blame if they don't. Perhaps the best starting eleven and the best subs by a mile, so much width in that team it's just silly. The only problem I see is Del Bosque's blind faith in Torres and apparently some personal issues with Soldado since he was left out of the team.

France looked pretty good in their friendly against Estonia on Monday, Rib?ry and Benzema make a great duo and their rebuild of the team is looking pretty successful. As long as their defense does well they have plenty of potential.

Italy are struggling with attacking players with Rossi being injured since October and missing the competition. Cassano had a long injury and didn't play much in the spring, Balotelli is very much hit/miss, and while Di Natale is great at scoring chances he's 34 already.

Pretty much neutral about the competition myself, I'm mainly interested about how certain players will do outside their clubs.

Primarily neutral aswell and just hopeing for good games. But I am slightly hoping for the dutchies to win. Just a little bit:)

Primarily neutral aswell and just hopeing for good games. But I am slightly hoping for the dutchies to win. Just a little bit:)

Me too, lots of good games please! :thumbsup:

True, Spain "should" win the tounament and probably beat Germany in the Final, if that's posible with the draw.

Italy look a shambles as usual with their problems, but they are good at doing better than people expect in tournaments. So don't discount them.

Hmm, maybe France will want to make up for the 2010 World Cup debacle and win the thing. :think:

Wild guess at a "dark horse" outsider - Russia. (Because no one is talking or thinking about them.)

Ireland and their fans will have a big party, whatever happens and England won't.

:lol:

.. and a litle bonus:

An England fan has made a Lego re-enactment of the "Best Euro Football" moments, with commentary by BBC Sport.
(Quite funny if you're a real Football nerd like me and remember most of them.)

Last edited:
Just watched it on TV - I :lol: lol'd. ?.

My bet is England struggle through the qualifiers and go out beaten 1:0 in the first game of the next round. Spain to win and the best team in the tournament to watch will be the Netherlands.

The Germans will continue to show their particular displeasure at diving, cheating players. What, what?

Last edited:
I just remember the 2004 one. A year of international shame... losing twice to Greece (then ranked 33) in the first and last game. It was that day I understood the portuguese team would never ever win anything.

Speaking of rankings, the death group has the #3, #4, #9 and #10 of the world rankings, #2, #3, #6 and #7 if we talk about UEFA.

I subscribe to Kick TV, it's good stuff!

I am sure Group D will be up tomorrow, so I will add it then.

Last edited:
As always pulling for Greece! Which always pisses off my German grandfather, but I always tell him to suck it.:D

4382548_460s.jpg

Signed: Portugal, the Netherlands and Denmark.
It will be quite interesting to see if our team can stand up to the expectations ... I sure hope so, but I?m not sure the team has found together well.

If I had to bet some money it would be on the Netherlands. Can?t imagine Spain being hungry enough for their 3rd international title in a row. I expect Italy to fall apart, England to miss some penalties and Russia never to find their game. France is unkown factor to me and Portugal hasn?t got enough good enough players to succesfully compete at that level.

My team is Italy, but I'll be surprised if we make it out of the group round, the recent loss in the friendly against Russia was ridiculous the team is definitely in shambles. So my back up is Portugal, followed by the Dutch, and England.

I just remember the 2004 one. A year of international shame... losing twice to Greece (then ranked 33) in the first and last game. It was that day I understood the portuguese team would never ever win anything.

That finals loss left a very eerie note in Lisbon. I attended the semi-final game against the dutch and finals against Greece. For the small section that Greece had in the stadium I couldn't believe how much noise they made.

I subscribe to Kick TV, it's good stuff!

*Group B video*

I am sure Group D will be up tomorrow, so I will add it then.

Hmmm couple of inaccuracies there.... the most fierce international rivalry is probably Argentina - Brazil, and Portugal is not #4, it's #10 in the FIFA rankings at the moment, even lower than Denmark.

Italy are a funny team, if they can get through the qualifiers then they start to play better and better until the muck up in the final, being 2 or 3 goals up then loosing in the last minute.

If they have a real stinker in the qualifiers especially against a minnow then the wheels can come off their cart big time. Not know for a tough mentality in adversity they like it when the skill and style has them on top. I think it has something to do with the warm/hot climate.

Polska!! Enough said :cool:

I'll be in Poland during part of the tournament visiting family shame none of the stadiums are nearby or I'd attend a match or two.. :(

Italy are a funny team, if they can get through the qualifiers then they start to play better and better until the muck up in the final, being 2 or 3 goals up then loosing in the last minute.

If they have a real stinker in the qualifiers especially against a minnow then the wheels can come off their cart big time. Not know for a tough mentality in adversity they like it when the skill and style has them on top. I think it has something to do with the warm/hot climate.

Euro 2000 is forever ingrained in my memory and I've hated the French team ever since.

I think I am just going to take no allegiances and just enjoy the spectacle for what it is.

And maybe just cheer a little bit louder for min mor land Danmark.