Euro 2012

Well that was crappy. Too bad, after every single "football expert" in my vicinity couldn't stop spitting onto Italy, I still wanted them to succeed. Then they took down ze Germans, before that ze Brits. They went quiet. Winning the cup would implode their brain.

This resulted in an explosion from their mouths. Too bad. It would've been a fairytale.

Damnit, the one match after the group phase that I decide not to watch turns out four goals. :(

Great performance by Spain and congrats to them for winning the trophy.

BBC TV guys, all ex-professional footballers, were getting carried away a bit claiming thatSpain were the best football team evah. Well, maybe not the Brazil 1970 world cup team.

:rolleyes:

Lovely shots at the end with the little kids of the Spanish players, playing on the pitch and goal. Aww!

So, 2014 World Cup Brasil next!

Great performance by Spain and congrats to them for winning the trophy.

BBC TV guys, all ex-professional footballers, were getting carried away a bit claiming thatSpain were the best football team evah. Well, maybe not the Brazil 1970 world cup team.

:rolleyes:

It was the same on ESPN.

Well, Spain over the last 4 years must certainly rank pretty high on the list of best national teams of all time. But it is difficult to compare two such different periods.

Spain tonight was the Spain I had been expecting all tournament. I'm glad it went this well for them. They had much better success with their game on the final fourth of field. Iniesta and Xavi were brilliant, a bit disappointed in Silva, you know he can be soo good.

Deserved victory, though I felt a bit sorry for the Italians, they were certainly out of luck tonight, even if they were outplayed.

Congrats to Spain; they put on one hell of a show while trouncing the Italians (especially the first 2 goals! :w00t:).

Hey I do have to point out Spain had to go through the penalties with Portugal which could have gone either way, penalty kicks are sort of a lottery many times... it is not without a tad bit of luck that this team was in the final. As far as concrete results, it's probably (statistically) the strongest team ever.

It's never easy being an Italian fan, when they win everyone likes to put down their style of play and when they lose they are considered the worst team ever.

Congrats to Spain and the true Spanish fans. Personally, I can't wait for the team to retire so that all the bandwagon fans and ESPN commentators can STFU and go back to their default leg-humping of Brazil.

In the meantime I'm going to pretend this was the final and have some celebratory imaginary beers

In the meantime I'm going to pretend this was the final and have some celebratory imaginary beers

Oh, I remember the days when that kind of victories in friendly matches used to mean a lot for Spain. How things have changed...

Football highlights dot com has all the highlights

I personally like the ESPN one a lot more:

Had a great time in a fan zone in Rzesow for the Poland Czech game shame we couldn't win, but the atmosphere in Poland was awesome throughout the tournament!

Last edited:
Casillas really is a class act:

[video=youtube;_KW4e-CGkE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KW4e-CGkE8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Thanks for the insightful post Mr. 2-post.

I saw a political cabaret yesterday. The guy ((url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pispers]Volker Pispers[/url], recommended to any German not being a right-wing nut) made up the most hilarious conspiracy theory:

That Jogi L?w intentionally chose a bad squad for the semifinal against Italy to avoid having to play the final in the Ukraine - because all the top German politicians were boycotting and not visiting the matches played in the Ukraine to protest against the disregard of human rights in that country.