Euro 2016

Portugal finally won in the normal game time and deservedly go to the Final. Congrats!

Aand Germany lost 0:2, meaning shared 3rd place with Wales and Sunday final France vs. Portugal. Can't really say I'm excited about that.

lol two handballs for Germany? :lol:

Aand Germany lost 0:2, meaning shared 3rd place with Wales and Sunday final France vs. Portugal. Can't really say I'm excited about that.

don't germany and wales have to play for bronze?

Portugal finally won in the normal game time and deservedly go to the Final. Congrats!
Awww its a pity, i was hoping we would be the first champions to never win a game inside the 90'

They won a game, yes, but deservedly? No. There have been so many better teams in the tournament.
Intermittently, maybe. But no team has performed well throughout - which means Portugal in the final is maybe suitable.

It's been a pretty poor tournament all told. Though at least Ireland won one game!

They won a game, yes, but deservedly? No. There have been so many better teams in the tournament.

Deservedly as for that game only, they were the better team there. You are right about many better teams being in the tournament.

I just find it funny how Ronaldo lamented teams for playing anti-football against his team in the early stage of the tournament, then ends up leading his team to do just that for the finals. 10 people behind the ball at all times, o-hoy.

French news and some few french people I have meet today: "Oh, what a shame the better playing team (France) did not win!"

Me: "Do you remember the half-final a few days ago?"

Anyway ...

After Germany losing to France, I wasn?t sure who?s side I was on, but as the game progressed yesterday I have to say that I was cheering for Portugal. They started the tournament very weak and only survived the group stage with a lot of luck but with every game this team started coming together, growing together. And in the End with a great team-effort they somehow managed to win this game of moths against france, the better team with the better players. But that?s football for you.

The really "best" teams of this Euro for me were Spain, Italy and Germany. France maybe No 4 and Portugal not even in the Top 10. But this is the way these tournaments go and in the past it was usally germany who nobody would have said "played well and won becaue they deserve it" - and this time around it?s Portugal turn to carry the honor of being the champions while not quite deserving it. Enjoy it Portugal!

The really "best" teams of this Euro for me were Spain, Italy and Germany. France maybe No 4 and Portugal not even in the Top 10. But this is the way these tournaments go and in the past it was usally germany who nobody would have said "played well and won becaue they deserve it" - and this time around it?s Portugal turn to carry the honor of being the champions while not quite deserving it. Enjoy it Portugal!

I don't understand how those teams all ended up in the same bracket. I wouldn't consider Spain a 'best' team, they were pretty anemic this whole tournament and are always overrated.