Euro Truck Simulator 2

this game is like an embarassing disease spreading within finalgear :p

According to the SCS blog they've been the best selling game in Germany this week, outselling FIFA 13 and XCOM. :D
What's unusual for this type of games is the amount of polish and that even non-Germans buy it. I've got my physical legit copy on it's way and so far my "internet" version is working fine.
Also we're going to get real DAF (instead of DAV) in next patch! And more neat stuff! Let's hope Volvo untangle their panties and release the rights, this is a big hit. Just read all the comments on Steam asking why it isn't on Steam yet.

I've now only got one ADR license left, after that I'm prioritising long haul and after that delicate cargo. No points on ecodriving for me, I have plenty of fuel! Speaking of which, what is the point of going to 6x2 in the game (aside from being cooler) and will it eat away at my fuel tanks? It looks that way when you tinker with the options in the store.

Just got Absolute Radio 60s to stream correctly! I've got a whiskey in my other hand. Time to drive all night...

If I didn't have to work I'd buy it and actually drive all night while watching the NY webcams on my other monitor. I've managed to put off buying it tonight though, will see if I'm still interested on Wednesday. Don't want to just throw ?22 at it and then get bored. :roll:

:lol: I'm heading to Calais from Rotterdam with a load of cyanide in the morning.....

- - - Updated - - -

I gave in and paid for the damn thing......I can't believe I'm spending real money to virtually go do something I get payed for IRL, then again the mischief possibilities are slightly larger in the game :p

I'm relived, I thought you were describing something not in the game. :p

I don't understand how you people can like to play a trucking sim. Then again, I am looking at the game's website. $39.90 is a lot to pay for what I'm not sure if I'll like

For some reason, I enjoyed playing the demo, but I reached the limit. No way I'd drop $40 on it, but it is amusing. Especially fun is weaving through traffic with an oversized load.

And apparently this is relevant.

gPs3V.jpg

Last edited:
For Cowboy it is.

Bloody van drivers! I rammed him at an intersection when he decided to immediately hit the brakes while I was up his ass and committed to the turn!

Downloading the demo now just to see how it compares to the first game. I put a lot of hours into that; I even made a notepad for which cities were the best to go to in terms of companies and fuel prices (a bad city would only have food companies and high fuel prices, while a good city would have chemical companies and low fuel prices). :D

If I didn't have to work I'd buy it and actually drive all night while watching the NY webcams on my other monitor. I've managed to put off buying it tonight though, will see if I'm still interested on Wednesday. Don't want to just throw ?22 at it and then get bored. :roll:

it's 14.99 on amazon.co.uk, with free shipping

I think I managed to do a donut in 7th gear last night, but then the engine stalled and I crashed into a trailer....

Eddie Stobart is an awesome company, if I lived in the UK I would drive for them in a heartbeat.

That said: Full ADR+ valuable cargo = 40 bucks a K kids.

Noob Pc gamer question: I see you guys talking about patches and updates, what, how, where, what do I need to do?

*yes I really have been that long without playing games on a pc, when I left it, the internet was still on dail-up and a patch was something you got when you scraped your knee :p*

Last edited:
How do you people edit the radio file and get the game to recognize it afterwards? The minute I edit the file the game ignores it.

I was trying to leave Paris last night and some jackass in a Renault decides it was a good idea to roll in front of me as I was going 55. FUCKIN FRENCH!

AI dont seem to give a shit. Trailer whip them when changing lanes!